Author Topic: New ad by @prioritiesUSA uses a Columbus Ohio couple to deliver devastating critique of Trump mocking the disabled  (Read 6595 times)

Offline sinkspur

I completely agree that Trump's mocking of a disability is a reflection of his very dark soul.  I also think his nomination reveals the dark soul of the Republican electorate, and if he manages to win the presidency, the dark souls of the American people.  These latter two things are by far more concerning to me.

We always knew  that a segment of the Republican electorate were nationalists.  But, apparently nationalism is an umbrella for all kinds of incendiary language and prejudices.   That is regrettable and it's how we ended up with Trump.

But if the rest of the voting electorate doesn't repudiate this vile man, then, yes, we're in deep trouble as a country.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

One party believes it should be legal to kill Grace in utero. Unfortunately the other party nominated Donald Trump:
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
One party believes it should be legal to kill Grace in utero. Unfortunately the other party nominated Donald Trump:

You may have unveiled Trump's defense. 

Offline RoosGirl

Saying #neverTrump/Democrats  is repeating again its failure here. It did not work before and its not working now. PC is dead this election so is the race card. So is the Women card etc. But keep focusing on the obsolete stuff and playing like the survival of America is not at stake.

If America surviving means living in a society with a majority of people that do not fathom the concept of kindness and humility and honor then I want no part of it.  Donald Trump is an embarrassment to himself and this country because of the way he acts and so are the people that support him and make excuses for him for every obnoxious thing he does.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I truly believe that both Hillary and Donald are evil people.  I've seen examples of evil in both of them, which is why I cannot vote for either of them to be President.  I will NOT help elect a despicable human being.

Its quite a corner we've painted ourselves in.   In a rational world neither of these people would be fit to be a dog catcher let alone the President.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

Its quite a corner we've painted ourselves in.   In a rational world neither of these people would be fit to be a dog catcher let alone the President.

Completely agree.

A large number of Americans have to be thinking....... this is the best we can come up with??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

The "other party" (the one that used to be mine) has apparently lost its soul.

The lives of the unborn have always been important to the Republican party.

Now, with Trump, the "standard bearer" not only wants to kill the unborn, but mock them if they survive.

To what depths have we fallen??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RedHead

The opposite of PC is not boorishness. Conservatives appreciate polite society (mostly because their women see to it that they do, but true all the same). If my old man ever saw me acting like Trump did in this instance, it would earn me a slap right up-side my head. And I would think I dang well deserved it.

Good people just don't act that way.

I could not agree more.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Think of the insults he would throw her way if she didn't support him.

You're correct, yet she looks just like him. Uncanny, they are like twins!
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
An observation I have had over the past months is that loyalty to Donald Trump has turned some formerly very nice people into nasty attack dogs.  It seems that their fealty to a despicable man has altered their personalities.

I suppose it's possible that they were hiding a dark side before and it never came out until Trump, but some of them I think have just turned mean because they have spent so much time defending the indefensible.

Tis a puzzlement......
People are going insane?!

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
He's got creepy grandma lips.

He is 70, married to a much younger woman.  has talked about dating his daughter.

Lotta creepy things about him.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

Creepy Grandma Lips

He's got Beady little eyes.  Thin lips and little tiny teeth.
Fat Little hands and grubby little fingers with a dirty little mind
and He walks around Tellin' great big lies....

Offline musiclady

He's got Beady little eyes.  Thin lips and little tiny teeth.
Fat Little hands and grubby little fingers with a dirty little mind
and He walks around Tellin' great big lies....

But I tell you what............. I would NEVER pick him up just to say hello........

(No reason to live, I tell ya..........)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Gov Bean Counter

But I tell you what............. I would NEVER pick him up just to say hello........

And a funnel mouth.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline roamer_1

But what's scary to me is that there is a segment of the American population who just doesn't give a rip.  They defend every despicable thing he does.  Trump's popularity is, for me, an indication of how far Americans have fallen into the abyss.

Aww, don't be too hard on 'em... Most of them ain't got a thought in their head and just follow the crowd. Different story for those that preach him.

Offline musiclady

Aww, don't be too hard on 'em... Most of them ain't got a thought in their head and just follow the crowd. Different story for those that preach him.

I dunno............. the people here who "preach him" seem to only be good at cutting and pasting.  They apparently don't have a thought in their heads either........... only what their masters instruct them to post on Conservative websites to try to convince Conservatives not to care about Conservatism any more.  Just to love their Donald....   ****sheep****

Wingnut

ROTFL!!!!!  You're so fun to have around.

You are too Kind!   

Wingnut

and we Don't want' him  round here..  no no no...

Offline roamer_1

I dunno............. the people here who "preach him" seem to only be good at cutting and pasting.  They apparently don't have a thought in their heads either...........

Well, you are right, I'd guess, but disseminating untruth, and spinning what can't be denied bears a responsibility - more so than the average follower that sucks up the lies without thinking.

Think back to past elections - There is a very large contingent of rah-rah Republicans that just vote for the big rhinestone "R" - The 'us' vs. 'them' crowd whose thought process never rises above the cogency of a high school football game. It isn't a matter of principle or reason for them. They don't have a clue why it is us instead of them - They just want to be on the team and they want to win. Such people are easily swayed because their position is not tempered by conviction.

only what their masters instruct them to post on Conservative websites to try to convince Conservatives not to care about Conservatism any more.  Just to love their Donald....

And that right there should tell you much about their 'conservatism'. If they were truly informed by Conservative principles, your above statement would be impossible.

HonestJohn

An observation I have had over the past months is that loyalty to Donald Trump has turned some formerly very nice people into nasty attack dogs.  It seems that their fealty to a despicable man has altered their personalities.

I suppose it's possible that they were hiding a dark side before and it never came out until Trump, but some of them I think have just turned mean because they have spent so much time defending the indefensible.

Tis a puzzlement......

It's the latter.  People hide a lot in polite society.  But when passions are running hot (or if they are drunk), one's true nature is revealed.

At least, that's been my experience.

But then, it's also easier for his supporters to come out, as they no longer have to be 'PC'.  (The anti-PC stuff is, in my view, stupid.  PC is just treating others how you'd like to be treated; i.e. the golden rule.)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Are you Number 6?

Oh wait, I know....you're not a number, you're a free man.  Hahahahahaha!!

Love that show.

Hey Honest John,

We want information
Information
INFORMATION

HonestJohn

Hey Honest John,

We want information
Information
INFORMATION

You won't get it!

I am not a number, I am a free man!

(I actually have that as a custom t-shirt - the "I am not a number, I am a free man!")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLakgUosAsM
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:25:57 am by HonestJohn »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
You won't get it!

I am not a number, I am a free man!

(I actually have that as a custom t-shirt - the "I am not a number, I am a free man!")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLakgUosAsM

Who is number one?
Former Republican.