Author Topic: New ad by @prioritiesUSA uses a Columbus Ohio couple to deliver devastating critique of Trump mocking the disabled  (Read 6594 times)

Offline verga

He's a special one for sure. If you gave him 3 anvils, locked him in a padded cell, in 10 minutes he'll lose one, break one and get the other one pregnant.
I am stealing that line. I teach high school ad that describes a number of my students.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
"Now, the poor guy, you ought to see the guy,”

Trump denied that he was mimicking the NYT reporter Serge Kovaleski.

Trump claimed he didn’t know Kovaleski was handicapped: "I merely mimicked what I thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago. If Mr. Kovaleski is handicapped, I would not know because I do not know what he looks like. If I did know, I would definitely not say anything about his appearance."

Trump then accused the reporter of "using his disability to grandstand."

Trump said he did not know Kovaleski. "I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovalski (cq) is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence. Somebody at the financially failing and totally biased New York Times said that, over the years, I have met Mr. Kovaleski. Despite having one of the all-time great memories I certainly do not remember him."

Serge Kovaleski who had previously worked at the Washington Post and the New York Daily News, had covered Trump many times in New York. “Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Kovaleski was quoted. “I’ve interviewed him in his office.” In total, Kovaleski estimated that he personally dealt with Donald Trump “around a dozen” times when he worked as a writer with the New York Daily News.”

Andrew Gluck, Kovaleski’s colleague at the Daily News at the time, says he doubts Trump doesn’t remember him. Gluck says the two collaborated on a “rash of stories” about Trump at the time, and that on one occasion, the two men interviewed Trump in person for as long as two hours.

“Trump declared bankruptcy,” Gluck recalled. “We were assigned to cover it. We went over there and spoke with Trump one-on-one….We were on the story day after day for weeks.” Gluck added: “Serge continued covering Trump after that.”

“Serge sat at the desk across from me,” Gluck continued. “I remember him being on the phone with Trump….They would talk about the coverage. They would talk about the story.”

The reporter Donald Trump claims he's never seen before says he spent a whole day with the bombastic billionaire while working for the Daily News — and he's drawn Trump's ire before.

Serge Kovaleski, now a New York Times reporter, said he closely covered Trump's launch of an airline in 1989.

"The following day, when my story ran, Trump was furious," he said. "The story, to the best of my recollection, lead with the fact that the flight left 12 or 18 minutes late on its first voyage even though Trump had run many ads saying the Trump Shuttle would be the most on-time airline in the industry."

"Trump and the guy who was running the Trump Shuttle for him ... called me the day the story ran and Trump started screaming over the speaker phone about what a piece of sh-- the story was,” Kovaleski said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/reporter-donald-trump-mocked-spent-day-mogul-1989-article-1.2448381

Trump not only lied about making fun of the reporter's disability, Trump also lied about not knowing who he was or ever having met him.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline RedHead

Democrat  :bsflag: :spam2:

So are you saying the video of Trump is a fake created by the Democrats?

HonestJohn

Ahhh.  I get it.

It's a Republican virtue to mock the disabled and it's a Democrat weakness to treat the disabled like human beings.

Are they just useless eaters in your book, too?

Offline Mechanicos

So are you saying the video of Trump is a fake created by the Democrats?
Saying #neverTrump/Democrats  is repeating again its failure here. It did not work before and its not working now. PC is dead this election so is the race card. So is the Women card etc. But keep focusing on the obsolete stuff and playing like the survival of America is not at stake.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

PaleoConPrep

Saying #neverTrump/Democrats  is repeating again its failure here. It did not work before and its not working now. PC is dead this election so is the race card. So is the Women card etc. But keep focusing on the obsolete stuff and playing like the survival of America is not at stake.
Agreed. I have a visual impairment, and I couldn't care less! Trump is our last hope. You NeverTrump folks can stay at home, but if you cost him the election, don't ever expect any of your Religious Right freaks to EVER win another election for anything. Libs will have the SCOTUS for a generation, speech will be censored, the 2nd Amendment will be history,  and the Dems will build an unstoppable voting block with these illegals. Then we will have 2 choices: surrender or fight. There WILL be a REVOLUTION! I'll die before I'm forced to live in a Liberal shithole. NeverTrump folks don't think for themselves. They have their views fed to them by bought off talk show hosts like Limbaugh, Beck, Hanity, and Levin.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
I love this couple and their sweet baby, Grace. [Over 73,000 views on YouTube since yesterday.] This display by Trump, which exhibits his lack of self-control [which should concern everyone!], is one of the reasons I felt Rick Santorum had fallen badly [to endorse Trump] because of his own sweet daughter, Bella. There is NO excuse for what Trump did. And his supporters should take to heart the message this couple brings, and start praying for the soul of their hero.

Thank you for the video @sinkspur ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUYQUd0Qh8
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

PaleoConPrep

It's funny how so called "conservatives" use Liberal talking points against Trump.

Offline verga

:chairbang: I am a conservative  and a High school teacher in a very Rural (country boy/ redneck) district. Over the years we have had a number of students with various physical and mental challenges. These kids are rock stars. The students welcome them with open arms and treat them with kindness and consideration. They understand that nobody should be treated the way Trump treated that reporter. If Trump was foolish enough to do something like this to one of our disabled students the rest would call him out in no uncertain terms. Your continued defense of the indefensible says as much about your soul as it does his. @Mechanicos
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RedHead

So you're admitting that it's true but stating that the fact that Trump is a complete and total assh*le is so widely known that it won't make any difference with the voters?  That may be true among Trump's loyal followers but it could well resonate with those who are not yet sold on Sleazy Donald.

Offline RedHead

It's funny how so called "conservatives" use Liberal talking points against Trump.

It's sad that Trump gives them so much ammunition to keep those talking points coming.

Offline roamer_1

So you're admitting that it's true but stating that the fact that Trump is a complete and total assh*le is so widely known that it won't make any difference with the voters?  That may be true among Trump's loyal followers but it could well resonate with those who are not yet sold on Sleazy Donald.

The opposite of PC is not boorishness. Conservatives appreciate polite society (mostly because their women see to it that they do, but true all the same). If my old man ever saw me acting like Trump did in this instance, it would earn me a slap right up-side my head. And I would think I dang well deserved it.

Good people just don't act that way.

Offline musiclady

Agreed. I have a visual impairment, and I couldn't care less! Trump is our last hope. You NeverTrump folks can stay at home, but if you cost him the election, don't ever expect any of your Religious Right freaks to EVER win another election for anything. Libs will have the SCOTUS for a generation, speech will be censored, the 2nd Amendment will be history,  and the Dems will build an unstoppable voting block with these illegals. Then we will have 2 choices: surrender or fight. There WILL be a REVOLUTION! I'll die before I'm forced to live in a Liberal shithole. NeverTrump folks don't think for themselves. They have their views fed to them by bought off talk show hosts like Limbaugh, Beck, Hanity, and Levin.

This is one of the most delusional posts I've ever read.

Among "NeverTrumps" you have a wide range of political views, but among us the most conservative people in the country.  Trump supporters are zombie-like in their unthinking support for a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT, Donald Trump, and are, if they are Republicans, at the far left of the party.

There are also a number of non-Trump people who have stopped listening to Rush and Hannity.

You know why Paleo??  Because, unlike you, we think for ourselves.

To the left, black is white and white is black, down is up and up is down.

You fit that mentality to a T.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline musiclady

The opposite of PC is not boorishness. Conservatives appreciate polite society (mostly because their women see to it that they do, but true all the same). If my old man ever saw me acting like Trump did in this instance, it would earn me a slap right up-side my head. And I would think I dang well deserved it.

Good people just don't act that way.

This may be the most important point, roamer.  GOOD people just don't act this way.

Donald obviously didn't have parents who cared about him enough to teach him how decent people behave.

And in his 70 years, he hasn't learned a thing about being a decent human being.

But what's scary to me is that there is a segment of the American population who just doesn't give a rip.  They defend every despicable thing he does.  Trump's popularity is, for me, an indication of how far Americans have fallen into the abyss.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

The source is certainly not going to support a Republican.  However the point is entirely valid.  That you cannot condemn him in even this case shows how poor your judgement really is.

This is yet one more example of why Trump is a very very poor choice for nominee.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Sinkspur says lots of funny things about Trump.   It's one of my favorite things.

Sinkspur a is one of my favorite posters.  I always look for his posts.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This may be the most important point, roamer.  GOOD people just don't act this way.

Donald obviously didn't have parents who cared about him enough to teach him how decent people behave.

And in his 70 years, he hasn't learned a thing about being a decent human being.

But what's scary to me is that there is a segment of the American population who just doesn't give a rip.  They defend every despicable thing he does.  Trump's popularity is, for me, an indication of how far Americans have fallen into the abyss.

Now imagine this bully has the power of the White House at his fingertips.   IMO thats more dangerous than Hillary and she is evil scum.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

Now imagine this bully has the power of the White House at his fingertips.   IMO thats more dangerous than Hillary and she is evil scum.

I truly believe that both Hillary and Donald are evil people.  I've seen examples of evil in both of them, which is why I cannot vote for either of them to be President.  I will NOT help elect a despicable human being.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I completely agree that Trump's mocking of a disability is a reflection of his very dark soul.  I also think his nomination reveals the dark soul of the Republican electorate, and if he manages to win the presidency, the dark souls of the American people.  These latter two things are by far more concerning to me.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Trump supporters are zombie-like in their unthinking support for a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT, Donald Trump, and are, if they are Republicans, at the far left of the party.

This woman is [literally] morphing into the Donald:

Wade Payne | AP Photo

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Exactly.  Giving a narcissistic demagogue, who happens to be one of the wealthiest men in the world the power of the presidency is absolute lunacy.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

This woman is [literally] morphing into the Donald:

An observation I have had over the past months is that loyalty to Donald Trump has turned some formerly very nice people into nasty attack dogs.  It seems that their fealty to a despicable man has altered their personalities.

I suppose it's possible that they were hiding a dark side before and it never came out until Trump, but some of them I think have just turned mean because they have spent so much time defending the indefensible.

Tis a puzzlement......

Offline musiclady

Think of the insults he would throw her way if she didn't support him.

Imagine the insults he is thinking anyway, given his shallow, misogynistic view of women......