Author Topic: Huckabee: Establishment GOP Lucky They’re Not Being Executed By Angry Voters  (Read 861 times)

Offline sinkspur

Huckabee: Establishment GOP Lucky They’re Not Being Executed By Angry Voters

“And they need to be happy they’re only getting spanked and not executed because there is seething rage out in country for those who have fought to help some of these guys get elected.”

posted on Jun. 6, 2016, at 3:58 p.m.
 Andrew Kaczynski

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said in a radio interview on Friday that establishment Republicans should be happy that they are not being executed by angry voters.

“Who made it possible for Obama to have the Iranian deal, full funding for Obamacare, Planned Parenthood funding? Republicans did that,” Huckabee, a Trump surrogate, said on the Sean Hannity Show.

“And they’re getting what they justly deserve, they’re getting spanked,” he continued. “And they need to be happy they’re only getting spanked and not executed because there is seething rage out in country for those who have fought to help some of these guys get elected. And they get there and they surrendered to Obama and people are sick of it. And I think that’s why we’ve seen the spirit of this election, and frankly Donald Trump gives me great comfort. I tell people, ‘I don’t have any hesitation going out there and genuinely supporting Donald Trump.’”

Huckabee also attacked Mitt Romney for his opposition to Trump, falsely claiming governor was the first governor to bring same-sex marriage to America and marched in gay pride parades (the Massachusetts Supreme Court struck down the state’s same-sex marriage ban when Romney was governor, but he opposed the ruling).

“I find it especially off putting that he is the one who has led the ‘Never Trump’ movement, and I just feel like that he has really soiled himself for taking such a harsh position,” Huckabee said.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Mike Huckabee is a very angry man.  He's also a very fat man.

The man who wrote this:

has resumed digging his own grave with a knife and a fork.

Oceander

Wonder what trinkets Trump is dangling in front of Huckster. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Mike Huckabee - Desperate for relevance.

What a sad little man...Well, sad.

HAPPY2BME

Ryan and McConnell are to go first ..

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Mike Huckabee - Desperate for relevance.

What a sad little man...Well, sad.

Yep, he's been one of the bigger disappointments this year. (Rick Santorum too.)
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
His daughter already has a job with Trump.

And if we're going to start encouraging "execution" of public officials, I would hope the Secret Service is warning Mr. Huckabee about that kind of talk.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Perhaps he's hoping for the VP slot.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Perhaps he's hoping for the VP slot.

Huck would probably make a good yes-man, but Trump wouldn't pick a [2-time] loser, even though he says he speaks of them with love and affection.

[attachment deleted by admin]
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
We should run a poll to see how many members think Mike Huckabee should sit down and shut the **** up...

:smokin:

HonestJohn

Alright, this is just sick.

In essence, Huckabee has just said that if those that don't care for Trump don't shut up, they just might be executed.

Political executions, for heaven's sake!

No wonder Kim Jong-Eun and the hell-state of North Korea love Trump.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said in a radio interview on Friday that establishment Republicans should be happy that they are not being executed by angry voters.

“Who made it possible for Obama to have the Iranian deal, full funding for Obamacare, Planned Parenthood funding? Republicans did that,” Huckabee, a Trump surrogate, said on the Sean Hannity Show.

I usually ignore Huckabee,   but on this he is exactly right.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

I usually ignore Huckabee,   but on this he is exactly right.

And many have you on ignore.  Poetic justice.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

“And they’re getting what they justly deserve, they’re getting spanked,” he continued. “And they need to be happy they’re only getting spanked and not executed because there is seething rage out in country for those who have fought to help some of these guys get elected."

There were people who supported Robespierre until their head was on the chopping block. 
A 12 year Governor, twice candidate for President, with 6 years of a talk news show is not "Establishment?"  Who knew? :shrug:

Post modified by Mod1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:52:21 am by MACVSOG68 »

Offline GrouchoTex

There were people who supported Robespierre until their head was on the chopping block. 
A 12 year Governor, twice candidate for President, with 6 years of a talk news show is not "Establishment?"  Who knew? :shrug:
Post modified
I was thinking along the same lines. What would happen when Huckabee disagrees, eventually, and you would suspect he would, at some point.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:53:29 am by MACVSOG68 »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Alright, this is just sick.

In essence, Huckabee has just said that if those that don't care for Trump don't shut up, they just might be executed.

Political executions, for heaven's sake!

No wonder Kim Jong-Eun and the hell-state of North Korea love Trump.

Troll much? 

What a pant load!  :whistle:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald