Author Topic: Why millennials are yawning at the likely first female major-party nominee for president  (Read 240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-millennials-are-yawning-at-the-likely-first-female-major-party-nominee-for-president/2016/06/07/11de9428-2cee-11e6-b5db-e9bc84a2c8e4_story.html

By Molly Roberts June 7 at 7:29 PM

Molly Roberts graduated last month from Harvard University and is an intern for The Post’s editorial page. Twitter: @mollylroberts.

A female presidential candidate has clinched a major-party nomination for the first time in U.S. history. No one seems to care — at least not many people in my millennial generation. Not even women, although they should.

Maybe my cohort is caught up in the moment of Donald Trump: Millennial liberals may think it’s more vital to ward off an age of authoritarianism than to usher in a new era for feminism. Certainly, we’ve been distracted by Bernie Sanders: For idealistic young voters, a rabble-rousing revolutionary feels more alluring than a political pragmatist, even one with two X chromosomes.

College campuses buzz these days with talk of “intersectionality,” the notion that different forms of discrimination interact and overlap. So to many voters of my generation, being a woman alone might not seem like enough, if you’re also white, straight, rich and, by the way, a Clinton.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34