Author Topic: Trump donated thousands to La Raza award recipients, including California Atty. General Kamala Harris  (Read 1461 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE EXAMINER

URL: http://www.examiner.com/article/trump-donated-thousands-to-la-raza-award-recipients-including-kamala-harris

by: Renee Nal

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has been openly condemning U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel on the campaign trail for, among other things, his alleged affiliation with the National Council of La Raza (NCLR). But despite Trump's political posturing, several recipients of La Raza Congressional and Capital Awards have been direct beneficiaries of Donald Trump's money.

For example, Donald Trump contributed repeatedly to California's Attorney General Kamala Harris who received the NCLR Capital Award in 2013 and is prominently featured at La Raza's website. Trump also funded five of the eight members of the Gang of 8, who collectively received La Raza's award in 2014.

Judge Gonzalo Curiel is currently presiding over a lawsuit against Trump's now-defunct "Trump University." Evidently Judge Curiel has not ruled in Trump's favor, an offence that has gained the judge a verbal thrashing from the presidential candidate. In addition to complaining about Curiel's alleged affiliation with the radical left pro-Amnesty group La Raza, Trump has also claimed that Judge Curiel is biased against Trump because he is a "Mexican" (Curiel is from Indiana).

While Donald Trump does not appear to have second thoughts about using his platform to publicly shame a judge, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was put in the awkward position of having to answer for Trump's comments during an interview on “Meet the Press” Sunday, as reported at Politico. While McConnell declined to refer to Trump's comments as "racist" after being repeatedly baited by host Chuck Todd, McConnell did manage to say that the "right-of-center world needs to respect the fact that the primary voters have spoken."

In other words, Constitutional conservatives need to get over the fact that Donald Trump is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Wait so he gives money to the folks who are.......

This is so confusing.  Its almost like we're  being lied too.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Stay out of the sun folks. One bad tan and you won't be able to be fair and unbiased against his Royal Orangeness.
What if the judge disagreed with Trump's taxation policy or foreign policy. Would he still have to recuse himself in the eye's of Trump and Friends?

@Mechanicos -You seem to be the expert on this.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

Can anyone say "cognitive dissonance"

Offline sinkspur

What a scream!! 

Trump's two-faced phoniness is evident in countless other areas too, like trashing Hillary when he gave boatloads to the Clinton Foundation.

Why are we even discussing electing this guy?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline SirLinksALot

Does anybody buy Trump's explanations as to why he donated to Hillary and the Democrats?

Here it is:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-on-why-he-donated-to-clinton-im-in-business/article/2584918

"We're doing many, many deals outside of the United States," Trump said during Thursday night's Fox News debate. "I support politicians. In 2008, I supported Hillary Clinton, I supported many other people, by the way, and that was because of the fact that I'm in business."

So, Trump offered his business explanation, a potential allusion to the list of companies and foreign governments that made donations to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton led the State Department. "It was for business," he said.

OK, I'd like to know -- what business does he have donating to La Raza award recipients?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Does anybody buy Trump's explanations as to why he donated to Hillary and the Democrats?

Here it is:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-on-why-he-donated-to-clinton-im-in-business/article/2584918

"We're doing many, many deals outside of the United States," Trump said during Thursday night's Fox News debate. "I support politicians. In 2008, I supported Hillary Clinton, I supported many other people, by the way, and that was because of the fact that I'm in business."

So, Trump offered his business explanation, a potential allusion to the list of companies and foreign governments that made donations to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton led the State Department. "It was for business," he said.

OK, I'd like to know -- what business does he have donating to La Raza award recipients?
I've heard he has hired illegal aliens in the past.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline SirLinksALot

I've heard he has hired illegal aliens in the past.

Well, not exactly illegals, but FOREIGN WORKERS, even as local workers were available.  See here:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/18/news/economy/trump-maralago/

TITLE: Trump's Mar-a-Lago hires hundreds of foreign workers

EXCERPT:

But at his private club in south Florida, he has filled his staff almost exclusively with imported foreign workers. And he has been doing it for years.

The U.S. Department of Labor has confirmed to CNN that between 2013 and fall 2015, Trump's Mar-a-Lago club posted 250 seasonal job openings and filled just 4 of those jobs with American workers. The club requested the rest of the staff be temporarily imported through the Federal government's H-2B visa process. Basically, Mar-a-Lago brings in its seasonal staff from overseas.

Mar-a-Lago is a mansion that Donald Trump has turned into a members-only private club in Palm Beach, Florida. The wife of New York stockbroker E.F. Hutton built it in 1927. Mrs. Hutton, who would become Marjorie Merriweather Post, used Mar-a-Lago as a winter retreat for her and her wealthy Wall Street friends. Gilded in tile and other decorations, it reeked of the opulence of the pre-Depression roaring 1920s: Think Great Gatsby, flamboyant parties, poolside waiters.

[SNIP]

From 2013 to 2015, Mar-a-Lago was approved to hire 246 foreign workers by the U.S. Department of Labor with H-2B visas, which allow U.S. employers to temporarily import foreign workers to fill non-agricultural jobs that can't be filled with Americans.

To get approval for H-2B visas, employers must prove they need extra workers and that they made an effort to recruit domestic workers, contacted everyone who responded to ads and hired all qualified applicants. After receiving approval, employers must petition U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to bring foreign, temporary workers into the country.

Trump has made the case that he couldn't find American workers. "It's almost impossible to get help," the Republican presidential candidate told CNN last month. "And part of the reason you can't get American people is they want full time jobs."

That is news to Tom Veenstra. He is senior director of support services at the Palm Beach County CareerSource office. It's a free service that links qualified job candidates with employers. And during the past two years, the agency has placed more than 50,000 people in jobs in Palm Beach County. Veenstra says he has no doubt he could fill Mar-a-Lago with U.S. workers.

"We have hundreds of qualified candidates for jobs like these," Veenstra told CNN. "That's what we do here. We help place local residents into jobs like those."

Did Trump use the free service? Only once, Veenstra says. After criticism about its hiring practices, Mar-a-Lago asked the Palm Beach County CareerSource office to send over qualified candidates for a single position. Veenstra says he sent four applicants, one was hired.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:01:31 pm by SirLinksALot »

Online DB

In other words, Constitutional conservatives need to get over the fact that Donald Trump is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

I'm starting to pity Trump supporters. They've hitched their principles to a rudderless ship. They're going to become experts at rationalizing the endless contradictions they face - until they've had enough.

Offline GrouchoTex

This story isn't new. It actually broke a few moths ago.
I'll bet it gets more attention as we get closer to November, and the media starts focusing on things that aren't related to zoo animals.

geronl

McConnell did manage to say that the "right-of-center world needs to respect the fact that the primary voters have spoken."

With open primaries,  vote by mail and easy party switching, there is no real evidence that Trump was nominated by "right of center" primary voters.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Online DB

All things to all people.

And they keep telling us he's not a politician and is an outsider... Right...