Author Topic: Man who Donald Trump called "my African-American" speaks out  (Read 195 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-rally-goer-my-african-american-reacts-gop-nominee-election-2016/

By Reena Flores CBS News June 4, 2016, 4:30 PM
Man who Donald Trump called "my African-American" speaks out

Comment Share Tweet Stumble Email

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made headlines Friday when, with a racially charged exclamation, the candidate singled out an African-American man at a campaign rally in Redding, California.

"Oh, look at my African-American over here!" Trump had said, interrupting his own winding speech to direct his supporters' attention to a man in the crowd. "Look at him. Are you the greatest? You know what I'm talking about, OK?"

But the man called out by Trump -- Gregory Cheadle, a Republican candidate in California's first congressional district -- didn't seem to mind the attention.

"I never, ever sensed any racism on his part," Cheadle told CBS News in a phone interview Saturday. "Looking at it now, I can see on a script -- in a transcript, or even somebody watching the clip -- I can see how they would jump to the conclusion that it was racist. But I never felt anything at all."

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34