Author Topic: Donald Trump Wins Support From Parents of Illegal Immigrants’ Victims  (Read 551 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-wins-support-from-parents-of-illegal-immigrants-victims-1465119004

GOP candidate’s effort parallels Hillary Clinton’s outreach to mothers of African-Americans killed in gun violence

By BETH REINHARD Updated June 6, 2016 12:01 a.m. ET

Republican presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump is giving a national platform to parents of victims of crimes by illegal immigrants, inviting them to rallies and telling their tragic stories to boost support for hard-line immigration policies.

Mr. Trump is drawing intense media attention to what he says is a public-safety issue caused by illegal immigration. But the families also help put a sympathetic face on Mr. Trump’s attacks on some Mexican immigrants as criminals and his plans to build a wall along the southern border and deport millions of people who are in the U.S. illegally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMZTD_2Jss

Online video of Mr. Trump kissing and signing posters of her son and other crime victims after the rally has been viewed more than 230,000 times.

“Even I didn’t realize how bad it was,” he said. “When you see these families that have been destroyed by people who aren’t supposed to be here, who are criminals…The only way people can understand how severe this crisis is is to see the families, and then they see the horror of it.”

.. Mr. Trump speaks of a porous border leading to crimes by immigrants from Mexico and the Middle East against insufficiently armed U.S. citizens.

Two weeks after he flagged crime by illegal immigrants in his June 16, 2015, campaign announcement, 32-year-old Kathryn Steinle was slain in San Francisco, allegedly by a felon who had been deported five times.

Mr. Trump seized on the murder as proof his focus on border security was on track.

Mr. Camarota and other proponents of reduced immigration say President Barack Obama has overlooked concerns about crime while issuing executive orders to forgo deporting four million people here illegally. They often point to a Government Accountability Office report in 2011 that found an estimated 296,000 immigrants here illegally or with unknown legal status in state and local jails. That count, which includes multiple incarcerations of the same person in different jurisdictions, covers violent and nonviolent offenses. There are estimated to be 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S.

Another indicator is the number of criminal deportations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. During the Obama administration, deportations of criminals convicted of violent and nonviolent crimes rose every year to a high of 225,417 in 2012 before steadily decreasing to 138,894 last year.

In an interview, Mr. Trump said meeting the parents of children killed by illegal immigrants “reinforced even more” his support for stringent immigration laws.

Offline libertybele

In viewing a Trump rally on TV; he brought in victims of illegals.  It indeed was very moving.  I personally years ago attended several prayer vigils for victims of illegals and I must give Trump credit for doing this as nothing hits home harder than to actually see pictures of victims and hear their stories.

However, this is where my praise of Trump ends.  I believe he has exploited people and an issue in order to  become the nominee, and has preyed upon the vulnerability of his supporters;  an electorate that is clearly angry by the lack of response to the issue by Washington. I too in the beginning believed that Trump was genuine.  As time goes on, nothing is more apparent than Trump is nothing more than a liberal fraud. He's been a liberal for too long and has sided with the liberals on this issue more than once.  In a nutshell he has tapped into an electorate with his rhetoric and has sensationalized the issue using the liberal media; which obviously he has in the palms of his hands.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

With Trump now endorsing pro-amnesty and pro-open borders candidates for Congress, it is plain to anyone with a brain that this immigration and wall stuff is about as important to Trump as what color shoe-laces are on his lawn jockey.