Author Topic: Democrats running in every Florida House race for first time since 2018  (Read 785 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats running in every Florida House race for first time since 2018
By
Ross O'Keefe
April 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Florida Democrats will have a candidate running for their party in every one of the 28 state House districts for the first time since 2018, the Florida Democratic Party announced.

Last Friday was the state’s election filing deadline, and the Florida Democratic Party made a conscious effort this election cycle to recruit Democrats to run for every seat in the Republican-dominated state.

“Florida Democrats just filed to compete for every congressional seat,” Florida Democratic Party Chairwoman Nikki Fried said. “It does not matter if we’re running in Pensacola or Key West, every part of this state is worth fighting for and we are not going to let Florida Republicans walk into office without being held accountable. Florida Democrats are fired up and ready to compete everywhere.”

The GOP holds 20 out of the state’s 28 House seats, and 19 of those seats are rated “solid Republican” by the Cook Political Report. Only three seats in the state are listed as competitive by the Cook Political Report.

But Democrats have candidates trying in every district, even in districts that have popular Republican incumbents.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2982690/democrats-running-every-florida-house-race-first-time-since-2018/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Good.  Competition is good for politics.  Let the best ideas and best candidates win.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

How much cheating will they engage in? 

Offline libertybele

How much cheating will they engage in?

Who knows.  At any rate this isn't good.  We need to hang on to our conservative majorities.  They have accomplished a lot. My concern is with the influx of those who have moved to the state, the GOP may lose some seats. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

They'll get smoked again.  The republicans should work on flipping the jewish districts north of Miami. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Who knows.  At any rate this isn't good.  We need to hang on to our conservative majorities.  They have accomplished a lot. My concern is with the influx of those who have moved to the state, the GOP may lose some seats.
C'mon Debbie Downer.  You need to take some time away from the newsfeeds.  The FL DP is in deep dodo.  Nikki Fried is a joke. She is full of more shit than a Christmas Goose.  They have one plank to stand on...abortion.  And that ranks number 7 or8 on the list of top concerns with Floridians.  The majority of FL women are in or entering menopause! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.