Author Topic: Fort Hood releases names of soldiers killed in training accident  (Read 484 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fort Hood releases names of soldiers killed in training accident

Fort Hood officials released the names of eight of the nine soldiers Saturday who were killed earlier this week in Texas after floodwaters overturned an Army tactical vehicle at a low-water crossing during a training exercise.

Officials identified the soldiers as Staff Sgt. Miguel Angel Colonvazquez, 38, of Brooklyn, New York; Spc. Christine Faith Armstrong, 27, of Twentynine Palms, California; Pfc. Brandon Austin Banner, 22, of Milton, Florida; Pfc. Zachery Nathaniel Fuller, 23, of Palmetto, Florida; Pvt. Isaac Lee Deleon, 19, of San Angelo, Texas; Pvt. Eddy Raelaurin Gates, 20, of Dunn, North Carolina; Pvt. Tysheena Lynette James, 21, of Jersey City, New Jersey; and Cadet Mitchell Alexander Winey, 21, of Valparaiso, Indiana.

Read More At: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/05/fort-hood-releases-names-soldiers-killed-in-training-accident.html

Update from the other thread.

Offline mirraflake

Re: Fort Hood releases names of soldiers killed in training accident
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:23:46 pm »
Prayers out to them.

Flood waters are strong. A EMT/paramedic was washed away in my area a few years back and survived and he said on the news it took all this strength just to keep his head above water and he was a proficient swimmer and athlete.

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 08:32:53 pm »
OMG...all so young..... 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 10:08:17 pm »
I was on an aircraft carrier and can attest to the power of water.  My ship was 73,000 tons and could be bounced around pretty hard.  I have the greatest respect for it's power.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 12:01:08 am »
I think the stories say 3 survived.