Author Topic: Islamic State executes dozens of its own fighters in hunt for spies  (Read 323 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Islamic State executes dozens of its own fighters in hunt for spies

Baghdad: The most dreaded terrorist organisation Islamic State has started to kill its own members over the past few weeks in search of spies and informants after US- led airstrikes killed a number of high level jihadists.

The killing of Abu Hayjaa al-Tunsi, a Tunisian jihadi, sparked a panicked hunt within the group's ranks for spies who could have tipped off the U.S-led coalition about his closely guarded movements. By the time it will get over, the group would kill 38 of its own members on suspicion of acting as informants.

They were among dozens of IS members killed by their own leadership in recent months in a vicious purge after a string of airstrikes killed prominent figures. Others have disappeared into prisons and still more have fled, fearing they could be next as the jihadi group turns on itself in the hunt for moles, according to Syrian opposition activists, Kurdish militia commanders, several Iraqi intelligence officials and an informant for the Iraqi government who worked within IS ranks.

More At: http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world-islamic-state-executes-dozens-of-its-own-fighters-in-hunt-for-spies-332889 (with AP contributions)

Offline mirraflake

Re: Islamic State executes dozens of its own fighters in hunt for spies
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 04:25:23 pm »
Isis is made up up of mostly gangsters, thugs, criminals, losers in society-all coming together from various countries. Most are not even religious.

Isis is going to crash hard.

Offline Dartman

Re: Islamic State executes dozens of its own fighters in hunt for spies
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 07:33:28 pm »
Why is it I can't help but get a little smirk on my face when I read stories like this?
Justin Trudeau and Barack Obama say "ISIL". The rest of the world says "ISIS". Hmmm ...