Author Topic: Tucker Carlson poses devastating question on immigration, and Alan Colmes can’t respond like a liberal  (Read 1050 times)

rangerrebew

Tucker Carlson poses devastating question on immigration, and Alan Colmes can’t respond like a liberal
June 4, 2016 | Scott Morefield | Print Article

Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning news blast HERE

Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of BizPac Review.

Friday night on “The Kelly File,” guest host Trish Regan had Tucker Carlson and Alan Colmes in to discuss the most recent dismal jobs report from the Labor Department showing the U.S. economy adding only 38,000 jobs in May, the lowest in 5 years.

While the official unemployment rate declined to 4.7 percent, nearly a half-million unemployed Americans stopped looking for work, resulting in what Tucker Carlson said was the lowest labor force participation “since Jimmy Carter was President.”

The question posed to the panelists by Regan was, “Does bad economy give Trump an advantage?”

Answering in the affirmative, Carlson asked a question most Americans are asking, saying, “By the way, for every immigrant allowed into this country, under the Obama Presidency, there has been half a job created – two immigrants for every job. Here’s my question – it’s really simple. Why would the administration let in twice as many immigrants as jobs that are being created during the same period?”

Colmes, instead of giving the typical liberal tripe about our country needing more immigrants because, well just because! – responded by defending the Obama Administration for its supposed deportation success.

When challenged by Carlson on that point (because in actuality, the Obama Administration’s lax deportation procedures amount to a de facto amnesty), Colmes doubled down by saying the Cato Administration agreed with him.

In truth, when pressed with such brutal logic, there is no other place for a liberal to go. Nobody can defend bringing in the number of immigrants our elites are determined to shove down our throats when Americans can’t even find decent jobs themselves. Nobody.

Undeterred, Carlson continued pressing the inescapable truth.

“You can’t escape in the last two years three million immigrants have come to the United States. We haven’t created three million jobs in the last two years.”

Regan added that it’s not just about immigrants, but also normal population growth with people already here. We have to add at least 150,000 jobs a month just to keep up with that and, according to Regan, the jobs that we are creating are low paying, low skilled jobs.

Bingo! It’s no wonder that the immigration issue has virtually propelled Donald Trump to unprecedented heights. If the economy continues to lag, the issue could very well propel him to the Presidency.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/06/04/tucker-carlson-poses-devastating-question-on-immigration-and-alan-colmes-cant-respond-like-a-liberal-348139#ixzz4AhnH1jaW

rangerrebew

There are so many incompetent liberal talking heads on TV, its virtually impossible to pick out a worst one but Alan Colmes would be at the top of my list.  There is absolutely nothing insightful, creative, or intelligent in his arguments, he simply repeats liberal talking points and when asked a question, doubles down on his stupid lies. :thumbsdown:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There are so many incompetent liberal talking heads on TV, its virtually impossible to pick out a worst one but Alan Colmes would be at the top of my list.  There is absolutely nothing insightful, creative, or intelligent in his arguments, he simply repeats liberal talking points and when asked a question, doubles down on his stupid lies. :thumbsdown:

Juan Williams anyone?   He's just as bad.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe those new jobs should go to American citizens rather than illegals? Just a thought.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

Maybe those new jobs should go to American citizens rather than illegals? Just a thought.

How do you propose to make that happen, though?  Look at the jobs you're talking about.... who's applying for them in the first place, and why?

Offline bilo

I agree with you 100%, but as an employer I see the other side of this. Over the last 8 years I've transformed my business in the USA in order to survive. I've stopped employing most of our former employees and hired back most as contractors. In the process we lost some very good people because they didn't want to pay both sides of social security, medicare, health insurance, and withholding taxes. A lot of employers in the same business as I (real estate development & management) also don't hire full time people anymore for the same reason. The cost of labor, regulations, and taxes is just too high. However, there is a shortfall of American workers who are willing to work in this changing environment. As a result a lot of illegals are finding work in these jobs. I avoid this trap by issuing 1099's which require social security numbers, or FEIN's, but I'm sure a lot of guys aren't doing this.

I know this may seem harsh, but my loyalty is first to God, second to my Family and last to my country. Increasingly I'm finding my country views me as an enemy to be exploited. As a result I started moving a portion of my business outside the USA to markets that are more interested in economic investment.

Illegal immigration is transforming this country right before our eyes and the Rats love it because directly and indirectly it's giving them a permanent majority. I was praying that we could turn the tide this election with a conservative POTUS, but Trump has killed that. Now I'm going to continue to grow my business outside the USA.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

How do you propose to make that happen, though?  Look at the jobs you're talking about.... who's applying for them in the first place, and why?

This is the question nobody asks because it requires us to look in the mirror.

The high labor, low wage jobs are getting filled with illegal labor for a bunch of reasons. The govt has made labor very expensive, the welfare system has become so comfortable that people prefer to not work, and culturally we have changed where being on the dole is no longer a discredit to you and your family but is now an entitlement.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home