Author Topic: Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Coming June 28th....remember when the Swiftboat Vets published "Unfit for Command" and brought down John Francois Kerry (D. Viet.)...??

:beer:

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Character-Discloses-Firsthand-Experience/dp/1455568872?ie=UTF8&ref_=nav_signin

Former Secret Service officer Gary Byrne exposes the truth behind Hillary, Bill, and their public facade.

Posted directly outside President Clinton's Oval Office, Former Secret Service uniformed officer Gary Byrne reveals what he observed of Hillary Clinton's character and the culture inside the White House while protecting the First Family. Now that a second Clinton administration threatens -- their scheme from the very beginning -- Byrne exposes what he saw of the real Hillary Clinton.

While serving as a Secret Service Officer, Gary Byrne protected President Bill Clinton and the First Family in the White House and outside the Oval Office. There, he saw the political and personal machinations of Bill and Hillary Clinton and those who were fiercely loyal to them. In CRISIS OF CHARACTER Byrne provides a firsthand account of the scandals--known and unknown--and daily trials ranging from the minor to national in scale.

Having witnessed the personal and political dysfunction of the Clinton White House--so consumed by scandal and destroying their enemies, real and imagined--Byrne came to understand that, to the Clintons, governing was an afterthought. He now tells this story--before voters go to the polls--in the hopes that Clinton supporters will understand the real Hillary Clinton.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:48:53 pm by Chieftain »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I hope enough people read this book.  Anyone that doesn't think Hillary Clinton would be the absolute worst, and possibly the last president in the history of our nation, isn't playing with a full deck.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

Secret Service officer's book details Clintons' 'crisis of character'

A forthcoming book from a former Secret Service officer assigned to the White House during Bill Clinton’s presidency alleges that presumptive 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton “lacks the integrity and temperament to serve in the office.”

The book, “Crisis of Character,” is due to be released June 28 – a month before Hillary Clinton is likely to take the stage to accept the Democratic presidential nomination in Philadelphia. Written by ex-Secret Service Officer Gary J. Byrne, who was “posted directly outside President Clinton’s Oval Office,” the 285-page book describes Hillary Clinton’s “appalling leadership style” as being “volcanic, impulsive, enabled by sycophants, and disdainful of the rules set for everyone else.”

While most of the book’s contents have remained under wraps so far, the Amazon.com preview features large sections from the introduction, first two chapters and afterward. It also shows the title page, featuring a Chapter 11 titled “Wild Bill.”

In the introduction, Byrne said he “personally observed” President Clinton’s infidelities and was complicit in covering them up.

“I even secretly disposed of sordid physical evidence that might later have been used to convict the president,” Byrne wrote.

Byrne recalled an alleged fight between the first couple during the summer of 1995 in Chapter 1, “The Vase.” Byrne said a vase was smashed during the loud argument and the next morning President Clinton sported “a shiner, a real, put-a-steak-on-it black eye.” Clinton’s personal scheduler Nancy Hernreich allegedly told Byrne the eye condition was a result of Clinton’s allergy to coffee.

The book is not solely about the Clintons, however.

While writing about his career prior to the Oval Office post, Byrne revealed an incident on May 30, 1983, when he said Russian bombers were spotted 5 miles off the U.S. coast while President Ronald Reagan was holding an economic summit in Williamsburg, Va. Byrne said U.S. fighter jets ended up shooting a warning missile “right past a bomber’s nose” and the Soviet bombers turned around.

“The media never heard of it,” Byrne wrote.

While books about the Clintons written by supposed insiders are plentiful, Byrne’s credibility is bolstered by reporting at the time of the Monica Lewinsky-Bill Clinton sex scandal. A New York Times article from April 1998 reported that Byrne, “a uniformed member of the Secret Service assigned to the White House,” told the deputy chief of staff in 1996 about concerns he had regarding Lewinsky’s visits to the West Wing of the White House. A CNN article from April 1998 said Byrnes’ complaints about Lewinsky ultimately led to her being transferred to the Pentagon.

Byrne said in the introduction to “Crisis” that what he saw in the 1990s “sickened me.”

“We were supposed to lay our lives – not our consciences – on the line,” he wrote.

Neither Clinton has commented on the book.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/05/secret-service-officers-book-details-clintons-crisis-character.html

HAPPY2BME

I hope enough people read this book.  Anyone that doesn't think Hillary Clinton would be the absolute worst, and possibly the last president in the history of our nation, isn't playing with a full deck.

=============================

Hillary and Bill will get a free, autographed one to read hopefully from inside a prison somewhere.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Didn't that same guy write a book about 16 years ago and didn't I read it?  You tell me, I don't remember.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mirraflake

Didn't that same guy write a book about 16 years ago and didn't I read it?  You tell me, I don't remember.

Not the same guy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Agree!! @alicewonders, totally!

Offline sinkspur

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/us/politics/donald-trump-butler-mar-a-lago.html

A King in His Castle: How Donald Trump Lives, From His Longtime Butler

By JASON HOROWITZ
MARCH 15, 2016

PALM BEACH, Fla. —Everything seemed to sparkle at the Mar-a-Lago estate here on a recent afternoon. The sun glinted off the pool and the black Secret Service S.U.V.s in the circular driveway. Palm trees rustled in a warm breeze, croquet balls clicked and a security guard stood at the entrance to Donald J. Trump’s private living quarters.

“You can always tell when the king is here,” Mr. Trump’s longtime butler here, Anthony Senecal, said of the master of the house and Republican presidential candidate.

The king was returning that day to his Versailles, a 118-room snowbird’s paradise that will become a winter White House if he is elected president. Mar-a-Lago is where Mr. Trump comes to escape, entertain and luxuriate in a Mediterranean-style manse, built 90 years ago by the cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post.

Few people here can anticipate Mr. Trump’s demands and desires better than Mr. Senecal, 74, who has worked at the property for nearly 60 years, and for Mr. Trump for nearly 30 of them.

He understands Mr. Trump’s sleeping patterns and how he likes his steak (“It would rock on the plate, it was so well done”), and how Mr. Trump insists — despite the hair salon on the premises — on doing his own hair.

Mr. Senecal knows how to stroke his ego and lift his spirits, like the time years ago he received an urgent warning from Mr. Trump’s soon-to-land plane that the mogul was in a sour mood. Mr. Senecal quickly hired a bugler to play “Hail to the Chief” as Mr. Trump stepped out of his limousine to enter Mar-a-Lago.

Most days, though, he greeted Mr. Trump with little fanfare, taking the suit he arrived in to be pressed in the full-service laundry in the basement.

The next morning, before dawn and after about four hours’ sleep, Mr. Trump would meet him at the arched entrance of his private quarters to accept a bundle of newspapers including The New York Times, The Daily News, The New York Post and the Palm Beach papers. Mr. Trump would emerge hours later, in khakis, a white golf shirt and baseball cap. If the cap was white, the staff noticed, the boss was in a good mood. If it was red, it was best to stay away.

On Sundays, Mr. Trump would drive himself to his nearby golf course, alternating each year between his black Bentley and his white Bentley.

Mr. Senecal tried to retire in 2009, but Mr. Trump decided he was irreplaceable, so while Mr. Senecal was relieved of his butler duties, he has been kept around as a kind of unofficial historian at Mar-a-Lago. “Tony, to retire is to expire,” Mr. Trump told him. “I’ll see you next season.”

Mr. Senecal, with horn-rimmed glasses, a walrus mustache and a white pocket kerchief in his black jacket, seems to reflect his boss’s worldview: He worries about attacks by Islamic terrorists and is critical of Mr. Trump’s ex-wives.

And like Mr. Trump, he is at ease among the celebrities who visit the estate. But while he might once have admired Dixie Carter sipping crème de menthe by the fireplace and reciting soliloquies from the television show “Designing Women,” these days Mr. Senecal encounters Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey lounging on a couch under the living room’s 21-foot gold-leafed ceiling, or chatting with Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama as he exits the luxurious Spanish Room.

The butler’s up-close observations of Mr. Trump over the years have revealed not only the mogul’s quirks — Mr. Trump rarely appears in bathing trunks, for example, and does not like to swim — but also his habitual, self-soothing exaggerations.

In the early years, Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka slept in the same children’s suite that Dina Merrill, an actress and a daughter of Mrs. Post, occupied in the 1930s. Mr. Trump liked to tell guests that the nursery rhyme-themed tiles in the room were made by a young Walt Disney.

“You don’t like that, do you?” Mr. Trump would say when he caught Mr. Senecal rolling his eyes. The house historian would protest that it was not true.

“Who cares?” Mr. Trump would respond with a laugh.

Totally sane behavior.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/us/politics/donald-trump-butler-mar-a-lago.html

A King in His Castle: How Donald Trump Lives, From His Longtime Butler

By JASON HOROWITZ
MARCH 15, 2016

PALM BEACH, Fla. —Everything seemed to sparkle at the Mar-a-Lago estate here on a recent afternoon. The sun glinted off the pool and the black Secret Service S.U.V.s in the circular driveway. Palm trees rustled in a warm breeze, croquet balls clicked and a security guard stood at the entrance to Donald J. Trump’s private living quarters.

“You can always tell when the king is here,” Mr. Trump’s longtime butler here, Anthony Senecal, said of the master of the house and Republican presidential candidate.

The king was returning that day to his Versailles, a 118-room snowbird’s paradise that will become a winter White House if he is elected president. Mar-a-Lago is where Mr. Trump comes to escape, entertain and luxuriate in a Mediterranean-style manse, built 90 years ago by the cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post.

Few people here can anticipate Mr. Trump’s demands and desires better than Mr. Senecal, 74, who has worked at the property for nearly 60 years, and for Mr. Trump for nearly 30 of them.

He understands Mr. Trump’s sleeping patterns and how he likes his steak (“It would rock on the plate, it was so well done”), and how Mr. Trump insists — despite the hair salon on the premises — on doing his own hair.

Mr. Senecal knows how to stroke his ego and lift his spirits, like the time years ago he received an urgent warning from Mr. Trump’s soon-to-land plane that the mogul was in a sour mood. Mr. Senecal quickly hired a bugler to play “Hail to the Chief” as Mr. Trump stepped out of his limousine to enter Mar-a-Lago.

Most days, though, he greeted Mr. Trump with little fanfare, taking the suit he arrived in to be pressed in the full-service laundry in the basement.

The next morning, before dawn and after about four hours’ sleep, Mr. Trump would meet him at the arched entrance of his private quarters to accept a bundle of newspapers including The New York Times, The Daily News, The New York Post and the Palm Beach papers. Mr. Trump would emerge hours later, in khakis, a white golf shirt and baseball cap. If the cap was white, the staff noticed, the boss was in a good mood. If it was red, it was best to stay away.

On Sundays, Mr. Trump would drive himself to his nearby golf course, alternating each year between his black Bentley and his white Bentley.

Mr. Senecal tried to retire in 2009, but Mr. Trump decided he was irreplaceable, so while Mr. Senecal was relieved of his butler duties, he has been kept around as a kind of unofficial historian at Mar-a-Lago. “Tony, to retire is to expire,” Mr. Trump told him. “I’ll see you next season.”

Mr. Senecal, with horn-rimmed glasses, a walrus mustache and a white pocket kerchief in his black jacket, seems to reflect his boss’s worldview: He worries about attacks by Islamic terrorists and is critical of Mr. Trump’s ex-wives.

And like Mr. Trump, he is at ease among the celebrities who visit the estate. But while he might once have admired Dixie Carter sipping crème de menthe by the fireplace and reciting soliloquies from the television show “Designing Women,” these days Mr. Senecal encounters Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey lounging on a couch under the living room’s 21-foot gold-leafed ceiling, or chatting with Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama as he exits the luxurious Spanish Room.

The butler’s up-close observations of Mr. Trump over the years have revealed not only the mogul’s quirks — Mr. Trump rarely appears in bathing trunks, for example, and does not like to swim — but also his habitual, self-soothing exaggerations.

In the early years, Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka slept in the same children’s suite that Dina Merrill, an actress and a daughter of Mrs. Post, occupied in the 1930s. Mr. Trump liked to tell guests that the nursery rhyme-themed tiles in the room were made by a young Walt Disney.

“You don’t like that, do you?” Mr. Trump would say when he caught Mr. Senecal rolling his eyes. The house historian would protest that it was not true.

“Who cares?” Mr. Trump would respond with a laugh.

Totally sane behavior.

:hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

Offline sinkspur

:hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

Nope. Just showing that narcissists have similar patterns of behavior, just expressed in different ways.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline OldSaltUSN

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.  We have to elect a conservative GOP candidate to beat Hillary in November, AT ALL COSTS.

Unfortunately for us, and for the republic, there is no conservative GOP candidate running for President in November.  More's the pitty, too.   It was a great Republic while it lasted, say 250 or so years.

#NeverTrump because
#ForeverChristian, and an
#OathKeeper   :patriot:

Don't worry, though. I'll absolutely show up at the polls to beat Trump, any way possible.   :tongue2:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.  We have to elect a conservative GOP candidate to beat Hillary in November, AT ALL COSTS.

Unfortunately for us, and for the republic, there is no conservative GOP candidate running for President in November.  More's the pitty, too.   It was a great Republic while it lasted, say 250 or so years.

#NeverTrump because

Don't worry, though. I'll absolutely show up at the polls to beat Trump, any way possible.   :tongue2: 

You can't find a leader for the conservative movement so you lash out and plot deliberate harm to the nation.   Another proud moment for the #NeverTrumps. 

Offline bilo

You can't find a leader for the conservative movement so you lash out and plot deliberate harm to the nation.   Another proud moment for the #NeverTrumps.

I don't think that's an accurate analysis.

We don't have a conservative on the Pub ticket this year and the Rats will never nominate a conservative. I promised myself after Romney no more "lesser of two evils". I will vote for a conservative. I will donate to a conservative. I will campaign for a conservative. We just don't have one on the ballot this year. I really don't care who wins this year,  it won't matter. They are both going to be a disaster.

FWIW, trying to "shame" people who will not vote for Trump because of all his failings only hardens their resolve and makes people on the fence more inclined to not support him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline alicewonders

#NeverTrump because

Well, you go to war with the Army you have....not the one you wish you had.