Author Topic: HUH? Trump Now Claims to ‘Love’ Ted Cruz; ‘No Longer a Liar’  (Read 5507 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: HUH? Trump Now Claims to ‘Love’ Ted Cruz; ‘No Longer a Liar’
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 10:03:04 pm »
Total bunk.  I was there and the Trump camp manipulated the situation and lied, as always.  The Cruz people supported Cruz and stayed supporting Cruz.  Nothing changed but one more item was added to the self-justification list of team Trump for their hideous ways.

Absolutely true. Cruz laid blame on the violent protestors for their actions- conservatives believe in personal responsibility. Cruz also held Trump responsible for his own words advocating punching people at his rallies.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 10:18:31 pm »
Total bunk.  I was there and the Trump camp manipulated the situation and lied, as always.  The Cruz people supported Cruz and stayed supporting Cruz.  Nothing changed but one more item was added to the self-justification list of team Trump for their hideous ways.
Ask them? That is what I have seen so many say "I was for Cruz until...." Take it or leave I have no dog in this fight. I was trying to be responsive to an inquiry from up thread where there was puzzlement as to why a former Cruz person was now for Trump at TOS. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »
This may be hard to understand but a major turning point happened at TOS during the Chicago incident. Thats when the mass exodus from the Cruz train happened and it was because Cruz in lawyer speak appeared to side with the protesters against the police and to justify the action by blaming Trump. That's when most jumped off and switched.

What happens at TOS is rarely connected in any way with reality.  Robinson and the rest of the cult members over there were itching for a reason to ditch Cruz and swear their allegiance to their mullet messiah.

This is what Cruz said, quite clearly and not at all in "lawyer-speak", and he was absolutely correct:

"We need to learn to have disagreements without being disagreeable. To have disagreements while respecting human beings on the other side. Earlier today over thirty people were arrested at one rally. And then tonight, as violence broke out, the rally was canceled all together. Now, the responsibility for that lies with protesters who took violence into their own hands. But in any campaign responsibility starts at the top. Any candidate who is responsible for the culture of the campaign. And when you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have a campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse."

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/12/just-got-real-ted-cruz-blasts-trump-unrest-chicago/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 11:12:03 pm »
Folks at TOS are doubling down on hate Cruz, Trump has poisoned the animals and now they are rabid and out of control.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3436895/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3436890/posts

Those folks at TOS sure are pathetic.

Oh they had a blast trashing Cruz in the primaries, chanting 'lying Ted', leaving him absolutely nothing professionally or personally.

Now they're BESIDES themselves with indignation because Cruz has withheld his Trump endorsement thus far.

Suddenly the word of Cruz seems quite important to them.

What feeble minded followers they are.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 11:22:00 pm »
As some of us recognize, this was the plan from the beginning.

Trump did the dirty work for both the Democrats and the Ruling Class Establishment oligarchy that wanted Christian Conservatives gone from their party.

Trump has killed and buried Conservatism and rendered it irrelevant in the GOP for all time.

Now he and his rabid mob zombies are busy redefining what Reagan Conservatism is - and remaking it into an image of Trump.

Trump is a bigger clear and present danger to Constitutional Conservatism than Hillary could ever be.

I agree with every word.

This was the point.  To destroy Conservatism.

And it has succeeded.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 11:23:58 pm »
and millions cheered and don't care that it was all a lie.

That has been the most disheartening thing about this whole Trump-love thing.

He lies ALL the time, and none of his followers care.

It's breathtaking......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »
Too late!

There is a very good reason politicians don't attack opponents of the same party in primaries on a personal level and never family members. In the end they will need allies to win the general election. I have more respect for Jeb Bush than I do Ben Carson. After the ugly attacks on Carson he turns around and works with the clown. Bush at least said hell no, he will never vote for him.

I would lose all respect for Sen. Cruz if he came out and supported Trump in any meaningful way.

Interesting that you mention respecting Jeb Bush more than Carson.  I find myself feeling the same way.  Carson betrayed everything he said in his campaign when he hooked his cart to an evil, immoral man.  Bush, at least, has stayed consistent in his opposition.

And as a Cruz supporter myself (after Walker dropped out), I would also lose all respect for him if he supported a man who doesn't have a single value in common with him.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:18 pm »
@austingirl
@ConstitutionRose

I see chris37 on the "Cruz for Senate" thread wondering how on earth so many people were hoodwinked by Ted Cruz.  Funny, but I remember a Freepmail from her in which she soliloquized about what a wonderful man Cruz was, how much she thought of him and respected him and couldn't WAIT to vote for him.
I've read many posts on TOS by people who claimed to be for Cruz, but after they saw what a lousy, awful, scummy pos lyin' Ted was, they changed their minds. Sure.
In short, they swallowed every lie the Orange Toad dished out and ignored every vile thing he, Trump, said and did. They never did quite describe all the awful lies and things Cruz did, but now he is the worst person in the world.
It really makes you wonder about the mental makeup of many people you supposedly have common cause with. If they can turn on a strong conservative like Cruz that quick,  they can never be trusted again. Hello Sean Hannity.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:49 pm »
Here is what you will believe today. invest your belief and emotion in this. This may change tomorrow. If it does, what was said today doesn't matter. You will believe, you will comply.
Well, hitlery is the second biggest liar in the universe.

Unfortunately, stumpy is the biggest.
Former Republican.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 11:30:43 pm »
What happens at TOS is rarely connected in any way with reality.  Robinson and the rest of the cult members over there were itching for a reason to ditch Cruz and swear their allegiance to their mullet messiah.

This is what Cruz said, quite clearly and not at all in "lawyer-speak", and he was absolutely correct:

"We need to learn to have disagreements without being disagreeable. To have disagreements while respecting human beings on the other side. Earlier today over thirty people were arrested at one rally. And then tonight, as violence broke out, the rally was canceled all together. Now, the responsibility for that lies with protesters who took violence into their own hands. But in any campaign responsibility starts at the top. Any candidate who is responsible for the culture of the campaign. And when you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have a campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse."

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/12/just-got-real-ted-cruz-blasts-trump-unrest-chicago/

You gotta give the Trump camp credit - they lied their arses off and consequently set the media narrative for every significant story to come out of that primary fight. The Iowa/Carson thing, Colorado vote stealing, the Melania/Heidi fiasco, and this Cruz's alleged infamous speech following the Chicago riot.

They did such a good job their unthinking followers are still regurgitating the narrative months later in spite of ample evidence that the narrative is a lie.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:31:36 pm by skeeter »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 11:32:13 pm »
To the point they want to primary him- one of the very, very few Senators who have actually stood for Conservative values in not just talk, but in action.

What action was that, exactly @AbaraXas?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:38:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 11:33:19 pm »
Well, hitlery is the second biggest liar in the universe.

Unfortunately, stumpy is the biggest.

Unfortunately, Ambassador Stevens is not available for comment.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »
Those folks at TOS sure are pathetic.

Oh they had a blast trashing Cruz in the primaries, chanting 'lying Ted', leaving him absolutely nothing professionally or personally.

Now they're BESIDES themselves with indignation because Cruz has withheld his Trump endorsement thus far.

Suddenly the word of Cruz seems quite important to them.

What feeble minded followers they are.
Now just imagine how many of them would feel if they were running against the Orange Toad and found themselves on the receiving end of Trump's lies and slander. Then after Trump beats them in a primary,  they're all expected to make kissy-face and suck up to the Gilded Cockroach. I'll bet the great majority would tell Trump to KMA.
And now the hated Cruz is supposed to make nice with Trump after undergoing the worst slander any candidate ever received from another candidate from the same party. I've never seen anything like the filth Trump dumped on the opponents from his own party.  He wants my vote? He can KMA!!!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
And now the hated Cruz is supposed to make nice with Trump after undergoing the worst slander any candidate ever received from another candidate from the same party. I've never seen anything like the filth Trump dumped on the opponents from his own party.  He wants my vote? He can KMA!!!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »

What an odd way to reach out, to encourage votes for Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 12:06:27 am »
What an odd way to reach out, to encourage votes for Trump.

Don't forget that this one proudly told us to get out of the way..... that the "patriots" were going to get the job done.

Not understanding, obviously, that the people who care about the Constitution and oppose Trump ARE the patriots, and the ones who support the leftist shyster, are suspect at best.

Bottom line for her post, however, is that when one has nothing of value to say, one makes an abject fool of oneself by posting a self-portrait.   ^-^

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 12:27:00 am »
Interesting that you mention respecting Jeb Bush more than Carson.  I find myself feeling the same way.  Carson betrayed everything he said in his campaign when he hooked his cart to an evil, immoral man.  Bush, at least, has stayed consistent in his opposition.

And as a Cruz supporter myself (after Walker dropped out), I would also lose all respect for him if he supported a man who doesn't have a single value in common with him.

Carson and Palin - nearly identical opportunists.  Wearing their "Christian" badge of honor when it suits them.   Look up the Matthew 18 principle, and then look again at what Cruz did 3 or 4 times, in private, but where Carson and crew publicly slammed Cruz for it every time.   Then Carson, like Palin, went 180 degress out of phase, and endorsed the polar opposite of everything that they professed to believe. 

Worse than that, the lied about other Christians and conservatives in the campaign, and lied about them to raise their "Trump" profile.

I spent both time and money on Palin, and less on Carson.  What a waste of time.  What a crock..... they both were.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 12:28:01 am »
I've read many posts on TOS by people who claimed to be for Cruz, but after they saw what a lousy, awful, scummy pos lyin' Ted was, they changed their minds. Sure.
In short, they swallowed every lie the Orange Toad dished out and ignored every vile thing he, Trump, said and did. They never did quite describe all the awful lies and things Cruz did, but now he is the worst person in the world.
It really makes you wonder about the mental makeup of many people you supposedly have common cause with. If they can turn on a strong conservative like Cruz that quick,  they can never be trusted again. Hello Sean Hannity.

I don't wonder at all. Anyone who knows me from FR will tell you that I have been saying for 3 election cycles that the Right was lousy with liberals throughout the ranks claiming to be staunch right wing Conservatives.

And all I got was blowback from the moderates and gutless going off on rants about no true Scottsman, Purity and the like.

But here we are.

@CatherineofAragon @INVAR

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2016, 12:33:13 am »
"Ted Cruz is no longer a liar, we don’t say Lyin’ Ted anymore,” Trump told the crowd. “We love Ted, we love him, right? We love him. Now we don’t want to say Lyin’ Ted. I’d love to pull it out and just use it on lying, crooked Hillary because she is a liar.”

Megalomania on display. Lyin' Don smeared an honest, principled man, the constitutional conservative Cruz, and now he decrees that he is "no longer" a liar?  Do his slavering supporters have it straight now?

I do not understand how any thinking person can support Trainwreck Trump.

Just waiting for Trump to start producing little orange Asherah poles for his adoring "fans".
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 03:37:26 am »
Unfortunately, Ambassador Stevens is not available for comment.

Didn't he die due to Hillary's actions back when Donald was donating to Hillary and saying what a great pol she was?

I believe it was. Because history shows it was. So spare us that Stevens meme.

geronl

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2016, 04:22:40 am »
I agree.  Before that point, JR wanted everyone to support Cruz or Trump, whichever became the eventual nominee.

but even back then he was suspending and banning anti-Trump posters like me.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2016, 04:46:04 am »

That bolded part is why Cruz lost and so many jumped ship. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2016, 05:34:33 am »
That bolded part is why Cruz lost and so many jumped ship.

Yes. People refusing/opposed to taking responsibility for action jumped ship because they refuse to be accountable or hold their candidate accountable. Like our earlier discussion where you flatly refused to answer simple yes/no questions about your candidates responsibility for his actions in falsely retweeting copyrighted material to bolster his candidacy. It's a pattern with Trump support. People that oppose responsibility support him more often than not and refuse to hold him to any accountability whatsoever.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2016, 07:05:05 am »
Yes. People refusing/opposed to taking responsibility for action jumped ship because they refuse to be accountable or hold their candidate accountable. Like our earlier discussion where you flatly refused to answer simple yes/no questions about your candidates responsibility for his actions in falsely retweeting copyrighted material to bolster his candidacy. It's a pattern with Trump support. People that oppose responsibility support him more often than not and refuse to hold him to any accountability whatsoever.

Otherwise known as blatant hypocrisy for the time-constraint impaired.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kjam22

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2016, 12:15:28 pm »
but even back then he was suspending and banning anti-Trump posters like me.

There is a fundamental disconnect with a organization titled "Free Republic" which demands all members vote for whom they say.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.