Author Topic: HUH? Trump Now Claims to ‘Love’ Ted Cruz; ‘No Longer a Liar’  (Read 5506 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Here is what you will believe today. invest your belief and emotion in this. This may change tomorrow. If it does, what was said today doesn't matter. You will believe, you will comply.

After smear merchant Donald Trump shamefully and viciously attached the ‘Lyin’ Ted’ moniker to arguably the most honest person in the presidential race, the only GOP candidate who has a solid record of keeping his promises, Ted Cruz, the bloviating billionaire indicated on Thursday that he wants to redirect the label to someone who actually is a serial liar and deceiver — Hillary Clinton.

While it’s understandable for anyone to attach the label of “liar” to Hillary Clinton, Trump also — and this is unbelievable — revealed a newfound “love” for Ted Cruz, while declaring that he no longer considers the Texas senator a “liar.”....

http://politistick.com/donald-trump-loves-ted-cruz-who-is-not-a-liar/#

Offline skeeter

Re: HUH? Trump Now Claims to ‘Love’ Ted Cruz; ‘No Longer a Liar’
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:04:31 pm »
Judging by the comments section of the attached article there are a good number of people who's hearts are less than warmed by Trump's magniminity.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »
Someone finally told Trump that he can't win without the conservative vote?

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 07:16:29 pm »
 :thud:

You gotta be freaking me. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 07:24:55 pm »
If Lyin' Ted is going to let a little thing like dishonest slander stand in the way of what's best for the country and refuse to endorse Trump, all I can say is he is a traitor to America  and quite possibly a pedophile.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 07:29:30 pm »
If Lyin' Ted is going to let a little thing like dishonest slander stand in the way of what's best for the country and refuse to endorse Trump, all I can say is he is a traitor to America  and quite possibly a pedophile.

LOL.  Did you see how his girls treated him?  There's something up there for sure!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »
"Ted Cruz is no longer a liar, we don’t say Lyin’ Ted anymore,” Trump told the crowd. “We love Ted, we love him, right? We love him. Now we don’t want to say Lyin’ Ted. I’d love to pull it out and just use it on lying, crooked Hillary because she is a liar.”

Megalomania on display. Lyin' Don smeared an honest, principled man, the constitutional conservative Cruz, and now he decrees that he is "no longer" a liar?  Do his slavering supporters have it straight now?

I do not understand how any thinking person can support Trainwreck Trump.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline kennedy

• No relation to those other Kennedys
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 08:25:12 pm »
We have always been at war with Eastasia.

****sheep****

Offline austingirl

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »
We have always been at war with Eastasia.

****sheep****

From Trump's Ministry of Truth

Offline Leto

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 10:12:41 pm »
Folks at TOS are doubling down on hate Cruz, Trump has poisoned the animals and now they are rabid and out of control.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3436895/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3436890/posts
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:13:37 pm by Leto »
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline austingirl

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 10:26:28 pm »
Folks at TOS are doubling down on hate Cruz, Trump has poisoned the animals and now they are rabid and out of control.

I shouldn't have, but I took a look. Vile deranged posts. So glad I left.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 11:08:05 pm »
I shouldn't have, but I took a look. Vile deranged posts. So glad I left.

Same for me.  I was just chastizing myself for even looking.  I felt ill after.  Good to be here.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 01:00:23 am »

Megalomania on display. Lyin' Don smeared an honest, principled man,

and millions cheered and don't care that it was all a lie.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 04:08:45 pm »

To the point they want to primary him- one of the very, very few Senators who have actually stood for Conservative values in not just talk, but in action. At that, one of the bad results of this is it has caused the demonization and opposition to actual Conservative leaders because they opposed Trump. It is setting Conservatism back drastically.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 04:17:35 pm »
To the point they want to primary him- one of the very, very few Senators who have actually stood for Conservative values in not just talk, but in action. At that, one of the bad results of this is it has caused the demonization and opposition to actual Conservative leaders because they opposed Trump. It is setting Conservatism back drastically.

As some of us recognize, this was the plan from the beginning.

Trump did the dirty work for both the Democrats and the Ruling Class Establishment oligarchy that wanted Christian Conservatives gone from their party.

Trump has killed and buried Conservatism and rendered it irrelevant in the GOP for all time.

Now he and his rabid mob zombies are busy redefining what Reagan Conservatism is - and remaking it into an image of Trump.

Trump is a bigger clear and present danger to Constitutional Conservatism than Hillary could ever be.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 08:40:03 pm »

Trump did the dirty work for both the Democrats and the Ruling Class Establishment oligarchy that wanted Christian Conservatives gone from their party.

Trump has killed and buried Conservatism and rendered it irrelevant in the GOP for all time.

Now he and his rabid mob zombies are busy redefining what Reagan Conservatism is - and remaking it into an image of Trump.

Trump is a bigger clear and present danger to Constitutional Conservatism than Hillary could ever be.

Cruz should be easily reelected.

Trump is clearly a danger to our Constitution. He is as unprepared and unsuitable for the presidency as Obama.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 08:49:44 pm »

@austingirl
@ConstitutionRose

I see chris37 on the "Cruz for Senate" thread wondering how on earth so many people were hoodwinked by Ted Cruz.  Funny, but I remember a Freepmail from her in which she soliloquized about what a wonderful man Cruz was, how much she thought of him and respected him and couldn't WAIT to vote for him.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 08:54:12 pm »
@austingirl
@ConstitutionRose

I see chris37 on the "Cruz for Senate" thread wondering how on earth so many people were hoodwinked by Ted Cruz.  Funny, but I remember a Freepmail from her in which she soliloquized about what a wonderful man Cruz was, how much she thought of him and respected him and couldn't WAIT to vote for him.

That was probably before she found out all the awful stuff about him, like that time he killed JFK.

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 09:00:35 pm »
Someone finally told Trump that he can't win without the conservative vote?

Too late!

There is a very good reason politicians don't attack opponents of the same party in primaries on a personal level and never family members. In the end they will need allies to win the general election. I have more respect for Jeb Bush than I do Ben Carson. After the ugly attacks on Carson he turns around and works with the clown. Bush at least said hell no, he will never vote for him.

I would lose all respect for Sen. Cruz if he came out and supported Trump in any meaningful way.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 09:02:09 pm »
@austingirl
@ConstitutionRose

This may be hard to understand but a major turning point happened at TOS during the Chicago incident. Thats when the mass exodus from the Cruz train happened and it was because Cruz in lawyer speak appeared to side with the protesters against the police and to justify the action by blaming Trump. That's when most jumped off and switched.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 09:06:11 pm »
This may be hard to understand but a major turning point happened at TOS during the Chicago incident. Thats when the mass exodus from the Cruz train happened and it was because Cruz in lawyer speak appeared to side with the protesters against the police and to justify the action by blaming Trump. That's when most jumped off and switched.

My theory is that people formed opinion on that based on someone else's opinion and not actually listening to what he said.  I watched the video a couple times so that I felt like I had a full understanding of what he was saying.  I am definitely a proponent of straight talk.  I did not find what he said blamed Trump for what happened. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 09:17:34 pm »

:amen:

At least with hillary  if the Pubs hold the House and maybe the Senate (a long shot) she won't be able to get any major legislative things done. She will get leftist's on the SCOTUS, but then again when has the SCOTUS ever represented us. If Trump wins the Pubs will do pretty much whatever he wants and any hopes of conservatism not being labeled a racist belief of old white men will be gone.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 09:23:42 pm »
Total bunk.  I was there and the Trump camp manipulated the situation and lied, as always.  The Cruz people supported Cruz and stayed supporting Cruz.  Nothing changed but one more item was added to the self-justification list of team Trump for their hideous ways.

I agree.  Before that point, JR wanted everyone to support Cruz or Trump, whichever became the eventual nominee.  If a Cruz supporter said that they could never support Trump, they were banned.  After Chicago and all of the spinning of Cruz's statement, it gave them all an excuse to come out and say that they would never vote for Cruz and they were allowed to do it with impunity.  I pointed that out, and the hounds of hell were released on me.

Offline bilo

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »
I agree.  Before that point, JR wanted everyone to support Cruz or Trump, whichever became the eventual nominee.  If a Cruz supporter said that they could never support Trump, they were banned.  After Chicago and all of the spinning of Cruz's statement, it gave them all an excuse to come out and say that they would never vote for Cruz and they were allowed to do it with impunity.  I pointed that out, and the hounds of hell were released on me.

Now look whats going on over there since JR decided his website would not allow for differing opinions. The Alexa ratings for FR are down and a week after one fundraising drive finishes another is started.

I left before I was banned and I'm glad I did. What's the point in talking politics if everyone agrees.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »
@austingirl
@ConstitutionRose

Trump supporters on that thread have lost their minds and apparently did not understand their new marching orders from Dear Leader Trump that Cruz is to be loved and is no longer a liar. They have to be suffering from cognitive dissonance (even though they don't know what it is) as they struggle to excuse each new blunder by their beloved.