Author Topic: Sorry Friends, If You Are #NeverTrump Then You Are #4Hillary  (Read 912 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Sorry Friends, If You Are #NeverTrump Then You Are #4Hillary

Richard A. Viguerie, CHQ Chairman | 6/3/2016

On December 9, 2015 when I endorsed Ted Cruz for President I said, “conservatives and Republicans are often not the same. However, they definitely have one thing in common: They desperately want to win the White House in 2016. For Democrats this election is important, but for Republicans and conservatives 2016 is not just crucial to the survival of this country and constitutional liberty – it is the ball game.”

In the seven months since I made that statement the picture has gotten bleaker than it was back then. I still think Ted Cruz is the best candidate conservatives had in the race, but he is unfortunately not the candidate who won a majority of the delegates – that distinction goes to Donald Trump – and it is to Trump that right-Richard Viguerieof-center voters will have to look if our country and constitutional liberty are to survive.

And make no mistake, this election is about the survival of the country that Donald Trump has promised to make great again. Obama, Hillary Clinton and their far-left allies have increased the tempo of their assaults on constitutional liberty and the external threats to our national security and domestic tranquility have grown ever greater.

Why then, in the face of the indisputable threats facing our country, would mature men and women who purport to be leaders of the Republican Party and the conservative movement do anything that strengthens Hillary Clinton, that gives her even one more vote?

I find it very strange that many of the same individuals who decry Donald Trump’s deviations from conservative orthodoxy were quick to try to explain away the Romney family’s support for Planned Parenthood and other decidedly anti-conservative organizations and institutions.

And I find it stranger still that many of the Republicans and alleged conservatives who huddle over their smartphones tweeting outrage over Trump’s kneecapping of his various primary opponents were on strict radio silence when Romney did much the same thing to Newt Gingrich.

If you are angry and think Trump can’t be trusted or that he won’t fulfill his promises I say grow up and get in the real world – no politician, including Ronald Reagan the greatest president of my life time, fulfills 100% of their campaign promises. 

The question is not will Trump bat 1000? It is will Trump try to undo the damage eight years of Obama and a feckless GOP Congress have inflicted upon America? And the undoubted answer to that is YES.

And in this dangerous environment I can think of nothing that is more disrespectful of the dire situation facing our country than the idea lately propounded by Bill Kristol that some obscure writer for National Review has a legitimate claim to enter the presidential contest because Donald Trump is not a conservative – this is nothing more than a fraternity house prank, and a demeaning one at that.

For those who say they are #NeverTrump because “Donald Trump is not a conservative” on this and that issue I’m curious as to what version of conservatism they subscribe to – the George W. Bush version that says Islam is a religion of peace and led us into an apparently endless and inconclusive war in the Middle East, or the Donald Trump version that says defeat radical Islam wherever we find it?

Or maybe it is the Paul Ryan version of conservatism that says we should fund Obama’s extra-constitutional amnesty for illegal aliens, the Planned Parenthood Industry of Death and a grotesque list of crony government raids on the taxpayers for things like “green energy” and bailouts of Puerto Rico?

The fact of the matter is that when one examines the views of many of the Republican and allegedly conservative #NeverTrump holdouts they are a lot closer to Hillary Clinton and the rest of the DC elite than they are to the views of the millions of country class citizens who turned-out to support Donald Trump.

Many #NeverTrump adherents seem to reject even a conversation about the threat of radical Islam. They are all about the econometric model of open borders that is supported by both the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and far-left racial interest groups, and they have no interest in cutting spending or limited government, because government power is how they enforce their elitist views on the rest of us.

If this is standing for conservative principles I must have missed a turn in the road between the day in 1961 when I was hired as Executive Secretary of Young Americans for Freedom and today’s debate over whether or not the congressional Republican leaders who presided over an 80%+ increase in a national debt that now stands at over $18 trillion should get their hands dirty by endorsing Donald Trump.

The news media and DC’s elite pundits like to dance around the facts with euphemisms like “spoiler,” but it is time for those Republicans and conservatives who say they are #NeverTrump to come clean and to look in the mirror and repeat this list:

I’m OK with Hillary Clinton appointing three or four Supreme Court Justices.

I’m OK with Hillary Clinton appointing hundreds of Federal Court Judges.

I’m OK with Hillary Clinton stripping me of my Second Amendment rights.

I’m OK with Hillary Clinton using the power of the IRS and other federal agencies to terminate my First Amendment rights and the First Amendment rights of other Conservatives.

I’m OK with Hillary Clinton expanding Obama’s open borders and unlimited immigration policies.

And, I’m OK with the Hillary Clinton deciding the outer limits of my freedom of conscience and whether or not I can worship God and raise my children as my conscience dictates.

I say to anyone who claims to be a #NeverTrump conservative, look in the mirror and read that list, and if this is you, then be honest and admit that you prefer Hillary Clinton in the White House and why. Then drop the charade and have the guts to defend your choice to advance Hillary Clinton’s campaign and take ownership of the destruction of liberty and constitutional government that her election will surely bring.

http://www.conservativehq.com/article/23283-sorry-friends-if-you-are-nevertrump-then-you-are-4hillary

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Sorry Friends, If You Are #NeverTrump Then You Are #4Hillary
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:04:58 am »
Sorry Friends, If You Are #NeverTrump Then You Are #4Hillary

Nope.

Remember. Less propaganda, more preparation. You;ll be all alone out there when the ferals come callin. Just like that poor woman the trump supporters let be mauled. Use that time till then wisely!

geronl

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 09:29:31 am »
Lying about people like that is not going to win them over.

This is just shameful and stupid. Very pathetic.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:35:18 am »
Lying about people like that is not going to win them over.

This is just shameful and stupid. Very pathetic.

It's about all be can generate wen it comes to "meaningful" political discussion. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 10:15:11 am »
The word 'garbage' doesn't even begin to describe how bad this article is. There are so many #NeverTrump for a reason. Quite simply, the article does absolutely nothing to entice me to vote for an Orange Jello Brain who is a narcissistic psychopath. IF I for a minute felt that Trump was not in this to hand Hillary the White House, I'd vote for him. If I felt that there was a difference between Hillary or Trump, I'd be able to vote for him.  If he was to elaborate on any issue and stick to his original 'suggestion', I'd be able to vote for him.  If indeed I thought Trump would try to undo the damage that Obama and a feckless GOP Congress have inflicted upon America, I'd vote for him.  However, Trump in dictator style, will only do what is in the best interest of Donald J. Trump, not the country - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind as he has already repeatedly demonstrated this by his narcissistic behavior and reasoning.  If Trump didn't have a strong liberal past, I'd vote for him -- but putting an 'R' next to his name just doesn't cut it -- Trust Me and Believe Me.

I find it rather absurd that Trumpsters are using the Trump v. Romney analogy.  Please, make no mistake, Trump is liberal pond scum with absolutely no integrity, decorum, or credibility, whereas Romney is a moderate conservative with credibility, integrity and decorum. Not voting for Trump is NOT voting for Hillary.  I'm not casting a vote for Hillary, I am writing in the candidate of my choice, who does not just have an 'R' besides his name, but someone who truly represents what that 'R' stands for.  The president is one person, we have 534 members of Congress that we also must and should hold responsible. Trump will continue to build up the Washington cartel, not break it up.

Last, but most importantly, the CONSERVATISM that I ascribe are the core conservative values, principles and morals upon which this country was founded  AND The Constitution of the United States of America.  Deviating from those conservative core values that made our country great is why we are in this mess. Trump and Clinton both lack those values, principles and morals.  I will not be 'bullied' Trump style into voting for one to eliminate the other.  That notion is equally as absurd as the article.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:18:11 am »
BREAKING NEWS:

Donald Trump has filed for a divorce from Melania and is proposing to Ted Cruz. @--{---

"We can heal this division as long as Ted Cruz agrees to be my b***h. If he doesn't, it just shows that he and his supporters are Hillary lovers!" Donald Trump, wearing a white suit, said at a rally of 3,000 cheering idiots today (which included an invited black American and 2 hispanics).

His new Campaign Manager Twilly said that the marriage would solidify the GOP and attract new voters like gays and the many trans-species Americans, maybe as many as 4 of them to the Republican side of the aisle.

When asked if this might turn off a lot of voters, Trump responded by saying, "We don't need the straights and the whites, they be ignert! I got the blacks they love a pimp!"

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 11:05:27 am »
 :troll:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 11:17:25 am »
To be honest, Trump doesn't want our votes.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 11:19:02 am »
First off, it is possible, as difficult as it sounds, to oppose both.

Let me turn this around on Viguerie, who as I recall was calling for an alternative candidate just like we are in 2008, against a candidate even more destructive than hillary:

What brand of conservatism do Donald Trump fans (I won't even call them supporters anymore because their beliefs seem to border on sports fandom) subscribe to?

Is it the Bernie Sanders school of conservatism whose only concern is that Trump says he's not fundraising?

Is it the Earl Warren school of conservatism that turns heel the moment he's put into office and becomes just as destructive as any Democrat if not more? Trump has no hard record, and the soft record he has is full of contradictions, inconsistencies and just plain nonsense.

Perhaps it's the Robert Mugabe school of conservatism, where dissent is punished brutally, executives rule for life and printing money is the solution to all our problems.

Then again, given the style of fandom I think it might simply be the Tom Brady school of conservatism: it doesn't matter how much they cheat, as long as they win and as long as they're wearing the right laundry. That's something that, given Viguerie's history, is a change of pace.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RedHead

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 11:20:05 am »
No it means that we recognize that the difference between Sleazy Donald and Crooked Hillary is only a matter of degrees.  That they are both equally likely to be terrible presidents.  And that we can't support either one.  It doesn't mean that not supporting one supports the other.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 11:25:04 am »
False argument. 
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Mod1

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 12:10:05 pm »
As Mr. Viguerie's essay is an opinion piece, it is being moved to the appropriate category of the forum.