Author Topic: Trump: "Look at my African-American."  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: "Look at my African-American."
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 05:48:05 pm »
The smiling guy with a cap on is clearly, one guy out of a hundred, maybe hundreds.

It's Homer...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »

I so want to replace that Beanie with Trump Hair on Cartman now

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 06:17:21 pm »

....and that stupid red cap.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 07:04:18 pm »
....and that stupid red cap.

good idea

geronl

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 07:10:32 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2016, 07:13:21 pm »
Maybe his emerging dementia is regressing him to a childhood state and he thinks black people are Pokemon. He wants to collect the whole set. Black, Hispanic, etc...

If he starts throwing balls at them, we;ll know for sure.
Or maybe... Occam's razor applies, and he's just a racist.
Former Republican.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2016, 07:25:12 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »
Does Trump actually own this guy,or does he just lease  him?

Notice  how similar the words "lease" and "leash" are?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

geronl

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »

"Come on, dawgie, don't leave it hanging like a Hillary-lover!"

geronl

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2016, 07:34:57 pm »
Does Trump actually own this guy,or does he just lease  him?

Notice  how similar the words "lease" and "leash" are?

Easily confused for a dementia patient

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
How can Jeff Sessions, Ben Carson and all the other fools who jumped on the trump trainwreck early show their faces in public? They should be cringing at each new disastrous trumpism and running for political cover. If trump continues to self-destruct, how can any delegate in good conscience vote to nominate him?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2016, 08:33:46 pm »
How can Jeff Sessions, Ben Carson and all the other fools who jumped on the trump trainwreck early show their faces in public? They should be cringing at each new disastrous trumpism and running for political cover. If trump continues to self-destruct, how can any delegate in good conscience vote to nominate him?

In their defense,the keyword here is "early". Nobody knew what a complete and total idiot he was back then.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2016, 08:39:56 pm »
We are for America first and do not have TDS. Ours is the logical, rational, and common-sense position.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2016, 08:45:14 pm »
We are for America first and do not have TDS. Ours is the logical, rational, and common-sense position.

Are you one of his African Americans?  It would be completely fine.  But are you? /s

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:44 pm »
Are you one of his African Americans?  It would be completely fine.  But are you? /s
What I am is not a hypocrite that treats people different by their race. Nor do I favor all other groups but white people.. I am an anti-Bigot and that covers my dislike of anybody who plays the race card  - because its applied only to white people.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 10:39:34 pm »
In their defense,the keyword here is "early". Nobody knew what a complete and total idiot he was back then.

But there were some pretty big hints when the debates were turned into Trump hurling insults and calling names. There was little intelligent policy debate because of him. And what do these early supporters do now? They must be mortified.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:40:31 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 10:43:32 pm »
I am an anti-Bigot and that covers my dislike of anybody who plays the race card  - because its applied only to white people.

Because it was applied unfairly... ?

How about because it is wrong on general principle?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »
For the record, the person sprayed looks more Hispanic at least to me.

The smiling guy with a cap on is clearly, one guy out of a hundred, maybe hundreds.

For the record, you continue to work very hard to defend or explain away the indefensible.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 10:55:09 pm »
Trumps walks back his "Look At My African American" comment.

Trump spokesperson and Trump Folk Art curator, Lily White explained today that Mr. Trumps was making reference to his large  African "Americana" collection of Lawn Jockey's in his storage shed in Rockaway Queens.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:57:28 pm by Wingnut »

HonestJohn

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2016, 11:41:07 pm »
But there were some pretty big hints when the debates were turned into Trump hurling insults and calling names. There was little intelligent policy debate because of him. And what do these early supporters do now? They must be mortified.

It was apparent the moment he promised to build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, and end birthright citizenship (complete with stripping current US citizens of it).

IE: Within the first week of his candidacy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2016, 11:42:11 pm »
Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson Jun 3
Five hours of radio done.  Time to go open my birthday presents.  Maybe I got an African American.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2016, 11:43:15 pm »
It was apparent the moment he promised to build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, and end birthright citizenship (complete with stripping current US citizens of it).

IE: Within the first week of his candidacy.

@AbaraXas said that during his MBA studies, Trump was used as a negative example in his business ethics course.

So apparently his deceitful, unethical self was on display long before he ran for office.

I just never thought he was worth a second of my time before that, since there was nothing in him ever that was admirable.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2016, 12:48:09 pm »
Ours is the logical, rational, and common-sense position.

That is a joke isn't it?  Common sense, rational with Trump, is analogous to oil and water.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2016, 12:51:42 pm »
Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson Jun 3
Five hours of radio done.  Time to go open my birthday presents.  Maybe I got an African American.

:laugh:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2016, 01:19:16 pm »
Man who Donald Trump called "my African-American" speaks out

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made headlines Friday when, with a racially charged exclamation, the candidate singled out an African-American man at a campaign rally in Redding, California.

"Oh, look at my African-American over here!" Trump had said, interrupting his own winding speech to direct his supporters' attention to a man in the crowd. "Look at him. Are you the greatest? You know what I'm talking about, OK?"

But the man called out by Trump -- Gregory Cheadle, a Republican candidate in California's first congressional district -- didn't seem to mind the attention.

"I never, ever sensed any racism on his part," Cheadle told CBS News in a phone interview Saturday. "Looking at it now, I can see on a script -- in a transcript, or even somebody watching the clip -- I can see how they would jump to the conclusion that it was racist. But I never felt anything at all."

Instead, Cheadle took it as a flattering remark.

"It's a compliment to me," said Cheadle, who briefly met Trump when the billionaire waded into the crowd after the event.

Their exchange, reported by the Redding Searchlight, happened after Cheadle had called out, "Uncle Donald, Uncle Donald." Cheadle told the local news outlet that Trump "recognized me as the guy he had called out" and they chatted briefly about job creation.

Cheadle said Saturday that the attention Trump paid him seemed more like a recognition "that my work is paying off, that we as a black people can achieve things."

And he further laughed off the Internet uproar regarding Trump's "my African-American" phrasing: "We are a super-sensitive people now when it comes to race," he said. "I mean, super sensitive. And we're so ready to pull that racist trigger and sometimes unnecessarily so."

"I'm running in a district that's at least 90 percent white. If I wanted to find racism, I could," Cheadle added, but noted that "the prejudice people have against me is dissipating."

Asked why he felt the perception toward him has been less racially tinged, the congressional candidate said it was because he didn't fit "stereotypes."

"I don't wear my pants down to my knees," he said. "I'm not a lover of rap music ... They're seeing a far more positive role model than they've ever seen."

Despite Trump's call out to him, Cheadle has not yet decided who to vote for in November. He said that he attended the Trump rally to keep "an open mind" about the presidential candidates.

"I wanted to see for myself who he was," he said. "I just wanted to hear him. Did he sway my vote one way or the other? No. What he did do was he did inspire me.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-rally-goer-my-african-american-reacts-gop-nominee-election-2016/

So the only racists here was #neverTrump trying to play this up for an attack on Trump. Pathetic...