Author Topic: Donald Trump Keeps Up Attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel  (Read 4303 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Donald Trump Keeps Up Attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 04:58:25 am »
I'm sure Trump keeping up attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel will do wonders to calm down the agitated violent Mexican mobs beating the crap out of Trumpsters.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 05:15:54 am »
Not a lawyer but is it a wise idea for Trump to keep slamming this judge? Seems like it won't bode well for his case.

He appears to be intending to trade loss of the case for votes in outrage. He figures that the loss will spur people to side with him on election day over the race of the judge. Basically this is the worst possible form of using brown people and one employed daily by Democrats.

Online DB

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 05:16:48 am »
I'm sure Trump keeping up attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel will do wonders to calm down the agitated violent Mexican mobs beating the crap out of Trumpsters.

Well the sad truth is Trump benefits from the violence. Especially when the idiots wave Mexican flags while doing their thing. So it is in his interest to fan the flames. Too bad about his supporters...

Online DB

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 05:23:22 am »
He appears to be intending to trade loss of the case for votes in outrage. He figures that the loss will spur people to side with him on election day over the race of the judge. Basically this is the worst possible form of using brown people and one employed daily by Democrats.

I'd say it's an indication of what his lawyers think the outcome will be. If it was going his way he'd say the judge was the greatest wisest judge ever. If he's losing, not so much. It gives him cover for when he loses. It wasn't the merits of the case, it was the judge hates me! Never mind the truth. It is all about image and plausible deniability.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 05:24:39 am »
I'd say it's an indication of what his lawyers think the outcome will be. If it was going his way he'd say the judge was the greatest wisest judge ever. If he's losing, not so much. It gives him cover for when he loses. It wasn't the merits of the case, it was the judge hates me! Never mind the truth. It is all about image and plausible deniability.

Can't argue that. Leverage everything. That's his guidepost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 06:57:59 am »
It appears to me that what Trump is trying to do...is goad the judge into making a comment so that Trump's lawyers can get the case tossed because the judge spoke out about the case before it goes to trial.  Hence the reason Donny is playing the race card.  He's hoping for a change of venue or dismissal of the charges before he has to sweat the racial make up of the jury pool.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 07:12:04 am »
Trump can't do diddly unless Congress says he can.  It's the way the Constitution works.  You know, supreme law f the land and all that.

He's of a piece with the last several presidents who did (diddley and otherwise) what they wanted and
the Constitution be damned. Of course, he knows less about the Constitution than the last several
presidents.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 10:49:30 am »
I am yes, the Judge is a liberal AA appointee connected to La raza and has a conflict of interest here with the man who will stop La Raza from conquering the southwest. Trump already baited him to get an appeal if needed. Judge failed to act like a judge there. More like a petty liberal.

The ignorance is strong in this one. 

Offline RedHead

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 10:50:35 am »
Trump can't do diddly unless Congress says he can.  It's the way the Constitution works.  You know, supreme law f the land and all that.

Has someone told Trump that?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 10:53:10 am »
No the conflict is because the Judge opposes building the wall and Trump is the one who can make it happen.

No conflict because the Judge opposes building the wall and Trump will never be president.

Oh and you are trying to play the race card like the democrats do.

A true "pot meet kettle" moment if ever I saw one.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:55 am »
The ignorance is strong in this one.

Tends to happen with the zealots.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:35 pm »
That blowhard Trumpist Hannity was running his pie-hole on this on behalf of his candidate on the radio today.  I took about 10 minutes worth and turned off the radio.

:smokin:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 01:31:28 pm »
"In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said."

I guess Trump got his law degree at Trump law school.  :silly: :silly: :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 01:31:55 pm »
And he is not attacking Hispanics, Hes only going after the anti American ones. Legal Hispanics love him. The ones who want a wall love him. Your talking point has no honesty with it.

Trump's position regarding the judge is *not* that the judge has a conflict because he is an illegal, or is anti-American, or opposes a wall.  Trump's position is that the judge has a conflict because he is of Mexican heritage.

Trump maintains "Hispanics love me", and simultaneously argues that being Hispanic is a reason to oppose him.  His position is a logical self-contradiction.  For these reasons, among others, it is your talking point that lacks honesty.
James 1:20

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 04:34:40 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2016, 06:48:31 pm »
NY AG has been going after criminal fraud charges since 2013 as well.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/08/24/trump-university-fraud-ny/2696367/

This is the same AG that has gone after Exxon based on global warming denial?   :pondering: