Author Topic: Trump Targets Republicans Who Won't Support Him  (Read 4556 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump Targets Republicans Who Won't Support Him
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2016, 12:49:14 pm »
Are you suggesting people who divorce are untrustworthy? Do you ask your barber, banker, insurance agent if they're divorced before doing business with them? Let's be honest and consistent now. Don't want to upset the church ladies...

One wonders if his oath of office will be treated as cavalierly as his oath of marriage.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »
One wonders if his oath of office will be treated as cavalierly as his oath of marriage.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2016, 01:18:01 pm »

That doesn't answer the question.  Simply showing that Clinton is as bad as Trump simply reinforces the #NeverTrump point that there is no lesser evil this time; both are equally evil. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2016, 01:25:18 pm »
That doesn't answer the question.  Simply showing that Clinton is as bad as Trump simply reinforces the #NeverTrump point that there is no lesser evil this time; both are equally evil.

If one were to accept your premise that Trump = Clinton, which millions of rational people do not, including the smartest people on this board.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2016, 01:26:30 pm »
If one were to accept your premise that Trump = Clinton, which millions of rational people do not, including the smartest people on this board.

Arrogant much?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2016, 01:29:15 pm »
You're right. A divorced candidate is unacceptable...in the 18th century. But divorce is a fact of life today. Millions of couples have divorced. Reagan was divorced. The pope is thinking of loosening the rules for heaven's sake!

You are actually equating divorce and adultery?

Wow.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2016, 01:32:44 pm »

Your picture has nothing to do with the veracity of Trump's oath.

Oceander

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »

If one were to accept your premise that voting for a lying flip-flopper is rational, which basic logic says it's not, and if one accepts your premise that just about everyone on this board, save the few Trump worshippers, is stupid. 

My premise is based on facts, on Trump's actions and his affiliations, and on living in NYC for 13 years where I got to observe Trump and his political ilk up close.  So yeah, based on facts, not wishful thinking based on nothing but Trump's lies, I mean truthful hyperbole, my premise is that in all relevant particulars Trump = Clinton.

You disagree.  Fine.  I'll even give you the (giant) benefit of the doubt and assume you considered the same set of facts.  The fact that you came to a different conclusion does not give you the right to say I'm irrational because I disagree with you.

However, since Trump keeps backtracking on his promises - a virtual wall is not a wall - and since he has freely admitted in writing that he lies in negotiations to get what he wants, you're not really entitled to a lot of benefit of the doubt.  It's not rational to unthinkingly adhere to someone who continually changes the specifics of his alleged policies. 

Offline verga

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 01:54:13 pm »
You're right. A divorced candidate is unacceptable...in the 18th century. But divorce is a fact of life today. Millions of couples have divorced. Reagan was divorced. The pope is thinking of loosening the rules for heaven's sake!

Are you suggesting people who divorce are untrustworthy? Do you ask your barber, banker, insurance agent if they're divorced before doing business with them? Let's be honest and consistent now. Don't want to upset the church ladies...
There is a big difference between A divorce and serial monogamy, while committing serial adultery.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2016, 02:06:10 pm »
There is a big difference between A divorce and serial monogamy, while committing serial adultery.

It's a strawman argument (used many times before) that people oppose Trump because he is divorced.

And it's also ridiculous, and has been pointed out multiple times, that it is not Trump's divorce, but his serial adultery (and bragging about it, as though it makes him cool), and his unrepentant immorality that is the problem with Donald.

@aligncare knows that people are not opposing Trump because he is divorced (no one here has), but won't let go of that spurious argument.

I doubt I'll ever understand why......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2016, 02:09:18 pm »
Your picture has nothing to do with the veracity of Trump's oath.

Actually, Trump's behavior is a very close parallel with the "War on Women" the Clinton's have been waging for decades.

Trump is a perp when it comes to the abuse of women.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »
He is running for President to make his pal Hillary Clinton look Presidential and win.  Why is not attacking Democrats and liberals?  He is one of them that's why.

Vous avez.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 07:40:49 pm »
Actually, Trump's behavior is a very close parallel with the "War on Women" the Clinton's have been waging for decades.

Trump is a perp when it comes to the abuse of women.

I would tend to agree - but nevertheless, my point to @alicewonders was that his oath in his marriage(s) is comparable to his oath of office. If he can't be trusted in the one how can he be trusted in the other?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 07:46:09 pm »
I would tend to agree - but nevertheless, my point to @alicewonders was that his oath in his marriage(s) is comparable to his oath of office. If he can't be trusted in the one how can he be trusted in the other?

Very clearly, he cannot.

An oath-breaker who doesn't value his own word is an oath-breaker who doesn't value his own word. 

He can't be trusted.  Period. 

He's a cheater and a liar, and has no more business being President than any other reprobate who tosses multiple wives aside.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:49 pm »
Very clearly, he cannot.

An oath-breaker who doesn't value his own word is an oath-breaker who doesn't value his own word. 

There it is. I can forgive one divorce - Anyone can make a mistake. It's a serious red flag, but given that the rest of his record is exemplary, I could overlook it.

But this guy (with three wives) obviously does not take his oaths seriously. It's just a given.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:57:08 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 07:58:49 pm »
Golden spoon boy thinks his money can just buy him anything he wants, including being President. He needs an attitude readjustment by loosing.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2016, 08:19:08 pm »
I'm a very honest person

Of course he is.  Why lie when you can have John Barron do it for you!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2016, 08:21:00 pm »
There it is. I can forgive one divorce - Anyone can make a mistake. It's a serious red flag, but given that the rest of his record is exemplary, I could overlook it.

But this guy (with three wives) obviously does not take his oaths seriously. It's just a given.

One (or even more) divorce(s) might be because one is a victim of adultery.  The problem is not that Trump has been divorced, but that his adultery ended his marriages.   He is a serial, unrepentant betrayer of his wives.

It's a deep, deep character flaw.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2016, 09:39:46 pm »
One (or even more) divorce(s) might be because one is a victim of adultery.  The problem is not that Trump has been divorced, but that his adultery ended his marriages.   He is a serial, unrepentant betrayer of his wives.

It's a deep, deep character flaw.

Agreed, entirely.