General Category > General Discussion

Genealogy - Getting to Know your Heritage

<< < (87/87)

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Bigun on August 30, 2022, 05:03:07 pm ---Human nature being what it is, I'm sure that "woodpile" events didn't just start recently.  I'm sure they are more common than once imagined and DNA is uncovering them.

--- Quote ---

--- Quote ---My wife and I have been married for 54 years. Until about 4 years ago we had no reason to suspect that the man listed on her birth certificate as her father was not her biological father, but it turns out he isn't.
--- End quote ---

@Bigun

Well,yeah,he was. In FACT,he was the only father she knew. The other man was just a sperm donor.

BTW,do NOT belittle the term "sperm donor". Who knows how many families would have never existed if it hadn't been for their secret "interventions"?

The woman and the man had a child and a family to raise.

While I am sure that some of these donors were local neighbors,I SUSPECT that more than a few of them were the traveling salesmen that took their wagons to remote locations to sell their goods.

While there,alone with the wife because the man was out working the fields or hunting for game,the salesman happened to make an anonymous "donation" that created a family.

And let's face it,frontier families would have never survived without the help of children.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

catfish1957:
Those guys from SP have become legends....    :silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5M7A5j5W7U

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version