Author Topic: Why I will/will not vote for Trump  (Read 8088 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Why I will/will not vote for Trump
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 02:09:38 pm »
So you worship Trump, ignore his lies and flip-flops, and pretend he's not just as liberal as Clinton.  Idolatry is not pretty, even for Trump worshippers.

Bitter much?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:06 pm »
This was posted on Facebook by a guy named Leo Pusateri. It describes my thoughts on the issue to the "t".

What he said plus this:

I am firmly convince that Donald J. Trump is the agent of the Clintoon/Soros crime syndicate. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:29 pm »
Of course there is .... it's Donald's way or the highway! 

He has done absolutely NOTHING that gives me a reason to vote for him.  I have tried to find it.  He backtracks on the major issues.  What's there to vote for??

@Texas Yellow Rose

Educate yourself ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHwLaOloh4

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 02:17:17 pm »
No, he has not. I will challenge you to defend him by the principles of the Conservative factions - which you won't. Because you can't

@roamer_1

Here .... watch and learn:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 02:29:32 pm »
@roamer_1

I'd be willing to bet that no NeverTrumper will take the time to watch that video RiV. 

Their minds are made up!

****sheep****  Hillary 2016 = Cruz 2020!   ****sheep****
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »
Yes, of course.  This strategy has worked so well for the past eight years.  Keep yapping from the sidelines while the country is fundamentally changed.  Don't raise a hand to stop the change, don't put yourself in a position to actually affect the course of events.  Just keep your hands clean and keep on yapping.

Good plan.  Good, good plan.

Cowards

Interesting response.  I remember not long ago when Conservatives were showing up at these state conventions working hard to get Conservatives seated at the national GOP convention, Trump supporters were calling them every name in the book and falsely accusing them of "stealing delegates".  At the same time, Trump supporters remained on the sidelines, not even showing up.

Cowards?  Trump is your champion.  That's what you want anyway, right?  A champion who will do everything for you so that you don't have to get involved.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »
Interesting response.  I remember not long ago when Conservatives were showing up at these state conventions working hard to get Conservatives seated at the national GOP convention, Trump supporters were calling them every name in the book and falsely accusing them of "stealing delegates".  At the same time, Trump supporters remained on the sidelines, not even showing up.

Cowards?  Trump is your champion.  That's what you want anyway, right?  A champion who will do everything for you so that you don't have to get involved.

Apparently Trump supporters are angry at us for not acting like battered housewives.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »
Why I will/will not vote for Trump

As a general rule, I don't vote for Democrats.  Trump is a Democrat.  Therefore, . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 03:40:53 pm »
Apparently Trump supporters are angry at us for not acting like battered housewives.

Great analogy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 03:45:33 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

Educate yourself ....

Educate myself???? By watching that video??????

Let's see ......

Tired of seeing what's happening

I wouldn't go in to lose.  People are tired of seeing the US ripped off.

It wouldn't be the way it's been.

Taxi Republican

I love the country.

I have a good instinct

I know from a common sense financial standpoint that something has to burst when the country is losing billions and billions and billions of dollars a year and when other countries are making hundreds of billions of dollars a year something is going to burst and it's gonna start here.

This country needs major surgery.  I'd do a fantastic job as the surgeon.

Brooklyn and Iowa can't have schools cause we're spending it somewhere else.

I beat China all the time.

The US has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems.  It's true.

and on and on and on .... what did he say???

I've considered the Supreme Court the last 4 elections. I must consider the candidate this election.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 03:46:06 pm »
You can choose to get in the fight to stop Obama's third term . . .

Still waiting for you to get in the fight to overturn the corruption within the GOP instead of siding with it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 04:05:43 pm »

So you mean the change that lefty Trump has funded and supported for most of the past 6 years....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 06:35:35 pm »
The more the candidates and their sycophancies talk, the more comfortable
I am living in a state where "none of the above" is a ballot option in November.
And since absolutely none of the candidates speaks one whit on behalf of
something, anything that will begin the decades-overdue reduction
of State power and restoration of properly construed government, it looks
like "none of the above" is my option.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 06:50:01 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

Educate yourself ....

I can't believe you think that video proves he's a conservative and/or would give a conservative any reason to vote for Trump.  As per usual, in every clip of that video, Trump says a whole lot about nothing. 
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
No, @roamer. Your post is too clever by half.   I'm talking about the fundamental change that Obama has implemented and Hillary will expand. 

You can choose to get in the fight to stop Obama's third term or you can sit back and sip your chilled Chardonnay while admiring your perfect manicure.

We've got one political leader.  You don't like him.  I get it.  But that's not a good enough reason to sit back keeping your hands clean.  There's no excuse for Conservative not talking with Trump and hashing out where the Conservative voice will be seated at the table.  No excuse at all.

The conservative that could have been seated at the table was called a liar, all the while he and his family were being lied about.  In addition to that, we were told the conservative vote was not needed (and by extension unwelcome), so TTFN.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »
I can't believe you think that video proves he's a conservative and/or would give a conservative any reason to vote for Trump.  As per usual, in every clip of that video, Trump says a whole lot about nothing.

Reminds me of my dear departed mother-in-law. Talks all day without saying a damned thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:37 pm »

That's a disingenuous graphic.  Jerry Zeifman wasn't her supervisor and didn't have the power to fire her.  She worked for John Doar, and she wasn't fired.  She remained on the staff until President Nixon resigned, mooting the  need for impeachment-inquiry staff.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2016, 07:21:41 pm »
@roamer_1

So after watching half an hour of blatant turd-polish,  all I can conclude is that you don't have any idea what Conservatism is.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 07:36:33 pm »
@roamer_1

25:45 - 26:00  Proof that he is completely deficient in sound judgement.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 07:42:04 pm »
@roamer_1

2:30 - Larry King:  Why are you a republican.
Donald Trump:  I have no idea.  I mean, I am a republican because I just believe in certain principles of the republican party.

Stalwart conservative answer right there.  /s

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2016, 07:52:45 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

I could stomach only a short bit, but wow, the 80s Trump sure illustrates why the Germans came up with the term "Backpfeifengesicht"!

He was a bit more coherent in older days; he could speak in complete sentences.  I'm now wondering about his health.  It appears damage has occurred to his brain.

No WMDs, eh?
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/bombshell-new-york-times-reports-wmds-found-iraq/

I've also learned that even if it's a good businessman/developer, he doesn't understand economics. He actually thinks that devaluing one's currency doesn't have a downside, or he thinks that we haven't been doing the same thing ourselves!

He somehow thinks that if you go shopping and find the best deal and buy something, you were cheated.

Interesting to see him endorse Romney, saying "We need somebody great as a president."

Okay, I went more than half-way through and got to see his bad side.  When does it start to make me want to vote for him? 

May I have my 15 minutes back, please?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 08:09:44 pm »

Interesting to see him endorse Romney, saying "We need somebody great as a president."

This is the great part after all the Trump supporters squealing about David French working for Romney's campaign.

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »
Of course there is .... it's Donald's way or the highway! 

@Texas Yellow Rose

Nope.  There no excuse for conservatives not sending their leader (whoever the hell that is) to sit down face to face with Donald Trump and negotiate the role Conservatives will have in the Trump administration. 

There's no excuse not to do this.  None.  Zero.  Zilch. 

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2016, 08:44:33 pm »
So after watching half an hour of blatant turd-polish,  all I can conclude is that you don't have any idea what Conservatism is.

Well, @roamer_1 I've been asking someone to define conservatism for months now.  I've not had any takers.  This could be your calling.  So what ---today, right now----is Conservatism?   Enlighten me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2016, 08:48:48 pm »
Back to the topic of the thread, I will NOT vote for Trump.  And I will not vote for Hillary. And I'm not alone:

Some 46 percent of likely voters said they supported Clinton, while 35 percent said they supported Trump, and another 19 percent said they would not support either, according to the survey of 1,421 people conducted between May 30 and June 3.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0YP2EX
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.