Author Topic: Why I will/will not vote for Trump  (Read 8125 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Why I will/will not vote for Trump
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2016, 12:31:29 am »
This was posted on Facebook by a guy named Leo Pusateri. It describes my thoughts on the issue to the "t".

Thanks, @Luis Gonzalez

I found the link on his page and shared it: https://www.facebook.com/leo.pusateri/posts/10157097821365226
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:39:05 am by Machiavelli »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2016, 12:44:10 am »
No, @roamer. Your post is too clever by half.   I'm talking about the fundamental change that Obama has implemented and Hillary will expand. 

You can choose to get in the fight to stop Obama's third term or you can sit back and sip your chilled Chardonnay while admiring your perfect manicure.

We've got one political leader.  You don't like him.  I get it.  But that's not a good enough reason to sit back keeping your hands clean.  There's no excuse for Conservative not talking with Trump and hashing out where the Conservative voice will be seated at the table.  No excuse at all.

For the past 3 or 4 years, starting before prepping became very popular, I have strongly suspected that the Republic will collapse under martial law in 2016.  I did not base my most serious concerns on economic forecasts, even though I assumed that economic chaos would be a component of the trigger for a violent Marxist takeover.  Now, Greenspan is openly declaring in a shocking, matter-of-fact way that a full-blown Venezuelan-style disaster, necessarily including martial law, is going to hit our beloved America before the end of this very year.  I think Greenspan is telegraphing it so we will wind up blaming an unfortunate global economic downturn instead of blaming the Marxists who have deliberately engineered America's economic mess (under a Cloward-Piven Strategy on Steroids)--and also loaded our nation with criminal immigrants and violent felons granted early release from prison and jihadist sleepers and radical Black activists and idiotic but violently fervent college students.

I realize that you think Trump will fix these problems.  I doubt it.  (He may not even get the chance to try.)

More importantly, the only thing that our "lesser evil" approach to voting has done in the past has been to give us useless Republican majorities in both Chambers.  The herd of GOP swine we elected to keep America safe have flagrantly violated the Constitution-centered oath of Federal office.  And now the "lesser-evil" voting crowd is telling us more principled conservatives to vote for another pandering RINO (this time, one who happens to be just an especially flamboyant fraud--not at all a principled conservative).

My bottom-line point is that our principled approach is a moral imperative for us.  We have always been in the hands of God, but many, many folks in the #NeverTrump faction have begun to realize that we are now conspicuously in the hands of God.  For spiritual reasons that transcend humanistic pragmatism, we choose not to offend our Creator (and the God of our Framers) by casting a vote for the most dishonorable, flagrantly anti-Christian, POTUS candidate in history.   

In other words, I am actually choosing to play it safe spiritually. (Surely you ought to be able to understand that--even if you don't understand it.)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2016, 01:18:31 pm »
Technically, 'south of the Mason-Dixon line' includes the People's Republic of Maryland.  Just sayin' . . .

Not to mention northern Virginia,which might as well be a foreign country these days. It was the denizens of northern Virginia that are responsible for Terrrible Terry the carpetbagger being the Governor of Virginia now. All those employees can always be counted on to vote for more government.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2016, 01:19:21 pm »
Nonsense @snekypete.  You got called on it and you're rightfully embarrassed.   ^-^

I have nothing to be embarrassed about. *I* am not a Trump supporter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »
I have nothing to be embarrassed about. *I* am not a Trump supporter.

Reading your tag lines "ISLAM MEANS SUBMISSION!  American Indians had an open door immigration police. Look at  how well that worked for them." I don't understand how you can allow Hillary to win.   :pondering:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2016, 04:18:03 pm »
I don't understand how you can allow Hillary to win.   :pondering:
The GOP is allowing Hillary to win, just like the GOP majorities in the House and Senate allow Obama to get what he wants.  Let's not fool ourselves.  The GOP as a whole is at fault, not the NeverTrump conservatives.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:18:39 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »
Due to my experience as a psychological examiner, I have evaluated Trump's behavior as a child and adult, and believe Trump has a mental disorder and will not vote for him.  One cannot expect normal behavior from a mentally disturbed person so, in my opinion, he cannot be trusted.  Period.

With my experience as a psychiatric RN, I have dealt with Axis I and Axis II patients  in a psychiatric hospital setting. Trump is mentally ill and a classic narcissist (Axis II.) We have an example in the current occupant of the White House of how harmful this type of person can be to our Republic. I cannot vote for such a person in all good conscience.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2016, 06:49:23 pm »
There are tons of details on Trump's website regarding immigration reform:

*Jobs program for inner city youth. The J-1 visa jobs program for foreign youth will be terminated and replaced with a resume bank for inner city youth provided to all corporate subscribers to the J-1 visa program.

*Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement. In the year 2015, with 92 million Americans outside the workforce and incomes collapsing, we need companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS.

*Cooperate with local gang task forces. ICE officers should accompany local police departments conducting raids of violent street gangs like MS-13 and the 18th street gang, which have terrorized the country. All illegal aliens in gangs should be apprehended and deported.

*Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.

*Detention—not catch-and-release. Illegal aliens apprehended crossing the border must be detained until they are sent home, no more catch-and-release.

*Mandatory return of all criminal aliens.

And the list goes on and on.  And not one single word about the "non-criminal" aliens.  I do note that parsing of words criminal aliens vs illegal aliens.  Not ONE word about what he's going to do with people here illegally but not "criminals".  You know what that means to me?  He's not going to do anything with them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2016, 06:52:15 pm »
With my experience as a psychiatric RN, I have dealt with Axis I and Axis II patients  in a psychiatric hospital setting. Trump is mentally ill and a classic narcissist (Axis II.) We have an example in the current occupant of the White House of how harmful this type of person can be to our Republic. I cannot vote for such a person in all good conscience.

Right there with you!

We've seen the result of electing one of those so why anyone would want another is beyond my understanding.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2016, 07:05:28 pm »
Renee Ellmers is the kind of appointments that Trump will make.

She is pro-amnesty and very much a liberal RINO.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2016, 07:41:51 pm »

He'll obviously appoint whomever kisses his ring and arse the most.  He will not be looking at those who are most qualified for the position or based on any Conservative criteria.

He'll appoint sycophants, same as Obama did and Hillary will.

No difference between any of them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2016, 08:33:10 pm »
Okay, here's my go.  It's challenging, actually, because when you start explaining to someone why you're anti-Trump, there are so many reasons and so much material that it's hard to remember it all. 

I won't vote for Trump because he is a lifelong liberal, and I don't believe that a 70 year old man suddenly changed his worldview just in time to run for president.  He doesn't have a single accomplishment for the cause of conservatism under his belt; all he has is what he promises and what he claims.  I see no reason why I should believe him, especially in view of the fact that he's a proven habitual liar.  In fact, I've seen plenty of confirmation that I should not believe him; his campaign has been filled with slips of the tongue which reveal his core liberalism.

The man is on video saying that he would do nothing to stop partial-birth abortion.  There is no way in hell I'll give my vote to a man who thinks people should be able to drive scissors into the skulls of babies.  Don't tell he's changed---see above.  Don't tell me he didn't know what partial-birth abortion was; we all know, and if he didn't, he's a moron, and his idiocy disqualifies him from office.  Besides, in the video interview he answered the question as though he had no question what it was.

Besides his liberalism, I find him to be completely amoral, and one of the most vile, disgusting individuals I've seen.  He revolts me.  I refuse to support a man who uses the F-word at his rallies, and who brags about the size of his dried-up old sex organ on national TV.  Also, I watched him openly mock a disabled man and try to lie his way out of it.  My mother taught me as a little child not to do that to disabled children, and now we have  a nominee who has no problem with it. 

Remember when Clinton was in office and all we could talk about was how character matters in a president?  Yeah.  That changed, didn't it.

I won't forgive the piece of human refuse for the way he smeared Ted Cruz and tried to destroy him.  It's too bad that we now live in a celebrity culture in which someone with name recognition can make a false claim about someone or something and the dumb masses buy it.  Trump is like Gwyneth Paltrow with her juice cleanses...it's all total BS, but hey, the TV star said it, so it must be true.

Then there's the matter of Trump's remarks about Heidi Cruz's looks.  Let's be straight about it---if not for his wallet, the repulsive old orange mullet head wouldn't be able to date a woman like Heidi on his best day.  God knows she would have been a vast improvement as First Lady over the nude model.

Trump once made the remark that you have to treat women like s__t.  As a female, why would I consider giving my vote to such an ass?  Why would anyone expect me to do so?

See what I mean?  Once I get going, I could keep on forever.

Silver Pines

« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2016, 08:36:01 pm »
Apparently Trump supporters are angry at us for not acting like battered housewives.

I've reminded a couple of Trump supporters that Donald himself said he didn't need our votes, and that, earlier in the game, they also said Trump could win without us.

I've asked them what changed, but I have yet to receive an answer.

Silver Pines

« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
Reminds me of my dear departed mother-in-law. Talks all day without saying a damned thing!

:silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »
Reading your tag lines "ISLAM MEANS SUBMISSION!  American Indians had an open door immigration police. Look at  how well that worked for them." I don't understand how you can allow Hillary to win.   :pondering:

Just because I refuse  to vote for her male clone doesn't mean I want her to win.

IMHO,the whole freaking GOP wants her to win or they would have ran an actual conservative candidate against her than Jeb Bush.

Don't forget,it was the GOP insiders that sabotaged the country by saddling Reagan with that evil bastard Poppy Bush,and it was the GOP leadership working with the DNC that stuck knifes in the back of Newt and the other conservatives that took congress away from the Dims for the first time in 40 years.

Since then they have used their positions and money to saddle us with candidates like Boy Jorge Bush,John McLunatic,Mitt Romney,and JEB Bush.

One sure way to determine if a candidate is a globalist working towards destroying America and creating One World Government,Inc is to see if he or she is being supported by the GOP. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2016, 08:38:33 pm »
The GOP is allowing Hillary to win, just like the GOP majorities in the House and Senate allow Obama to get what he wants.  Let's not fool ourselves.  The GOP as a whole is at fault, not the NeverTrump conservatives.

:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2016, 08:40:40 pm »

With my experience knowing a bunch of nut cases,I say Trump is worse than being a mere narcissist. He is a narcissistic sociopath.

Does anyone REALLY want a narcissistic sociopath having access to the nuclear launch codes?

Offline austingirl

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2016, 08:53:02 pm »
Okay, here's my go.  It's challenging, actually, because when you start explaining to someone why you're anti-Trump, there are so many reasons and so much material that it's hard to remember it all. 

I won't vote for Trump because he is a lifelong liberal, and I don't believe that a 70 year old man suddenly changed his worldview just in time to run for president.  He doesn't have a single accomplishment for the cause of conservatism under his belt; all he has is what he promises and what he claims.  I see no reason why I should believe him, especially in view of the fact that he's a proven habitual liar.  In fact, I've seen plenty of confirmation that I should not believe him; his campaign has been filled with slips of the tongue which reveal his core liberalism.

The man is on video saying that he would do nothing to stop partial-birth abortion.  There is no way in hell I'll give my vote to a man who thinks people should be able to drive scissors into the skulls of babies.  Don't tell he's changed---see above.  Don't tell me he didn't know what partial-birth abortion was; we all know, and if he didn't, he's a moron, and his idiocy disqualifies him from office.  Besides, in the video interview he answered the question as though he had no question what it was.

Besides his liberalism, I find him to be completely amoral, and one of the most vile, disgusting individuals I've seen.  He revolts me.  I refuse to support a man who uses the F-word at his rallies, and who brags about the size of his dried-up old sex organ on national TV.  Also, I watched him openly mock a disabled man and try to lie his way out of it.  My mother taught me as a little child not to do that to disabled children, and now we have  a nominee who has no problem with it. 

Remember when Clinton was in office and all we could talk about was how character matters in a president?  Yeah.  That changed, didn't it.

I won't forgive the piece of human refuse for the way he smeared Ted Cruz and tried to destroy him.  It's too bad that we now live in a celebrity culture in which someone with name recognition can make a false claim about someone or something and the dumb masses buy it.  Trump is like Gwyneth Paltrow with her juice cleanses...it's all total BS, but hey, the TV star said it, so it must be true.

Then there's the matter of Trump's remarks about Heidi Cruz's looks.  Let's be straight about it---if not for his wallet, the repulsive old orange mullet head wouldn't be able to date a woman like Heidi on his best day.  God knows she would have been a vast improvement as First Lady over the nude model.

Trump once made the remark that you have to treat women like s__t.  As a female, why would I consider giving my vote to such an ass?  Why would anyone expect me to do so?

See what I mean?  Once I get going, I could keep on forever.

This is certainly a good start.  :beer:

Offline austingirl

« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2016, 08:57:29 pm »
With my experience knowing a bunch of nut cases,I say Trump is worse than being a mere narcissist. He is a narcissistic sociopath.

Does anyone REALLY want a narcissistic sociopath having access to the nuclear launch codes?

He is also vindictive and always "hits back harder." If Trump perceives a slight from a foreign power, who knows what he'd do.

The GOP had better come up with a sane candidate to run against the yet-to-be-indicted criminal Clinton.

Silver Pines

« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2016, 09:18:23 pm »
This is certainly a good start.  :beer:

LOL!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2016, 09:45:34 pm »

The GOP had better come up with a sane candidate to run against the yet-to-be-indicted criminal Clinton.

She will never be indicted. That's just a pipe dream. We have all been hearing she is going to be indicted "any day now" for the last 20 years,and it ain't happened yet.

It ain't never going to happen,and if by some cosmic miracle it did happen,Bathhouse Barry would give her a full pardon. He may even do that anyhow before he leaves office to make sure it never happens in the future.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:46:38 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2016, 11:07:30 pm »
@roamer_1

Here .... watch and learn:

***Video link provided that is not worth linking***

That is what amazes me with you Trump fanatics, that video does not show anything remotely conservative, and especially Christian conservative. You act like we Cruz fans are so ill informed that we have not done countless hours of research on Trump. You do understand that calling us uninformed is probable one of the worse strategies to win support. Nothing could be further from the truth, we are at a political forum most our free time for goodness sake!!! Personally I was class of 2000 FR, and posted frequently.

Back to your video that I only watched long enough to know it was wasting my time. Trump with Oprah is a joke, he later jested twice she would make a great VP choice. Who jokes (we think he was joking) about that radical liberal being anything but what she is.

Heck during one of the debates, Trump attacked Cruz for mentioning his NYvalues. Well most of us had seen the video where Trump talked about his liberal abortion values. He used "NY values" as an "reasonable" excuse on murdering babies. His sister is a rabid pro abortion judge, he glows about her record and would not dare mention she was unsuitable for a SCOTUS position. He often funds some of the most radical liberals and GOPe candidates running against Tea party candidates.

Lets just say if that was your proof, color me not impressed.

Listen, I am going a different approach than most here, like I mentioned earlier, I am a Christian Conservative (in that order). Trump has IMHO shown nothing but contempt for the Christian vote. Locally he waved a Bible around and said it was the greatest thing ever, yet he obviously has never cracked the book beyond perhaps dropping it after a rally. We know he can read, his ex (one of many) made that it clear, unfortunately it was some Hitler book that he lied and claimed a Jew gave it to him. His attempt to quote something out of the Bible made him look like a fool, by just making something out of thin air that was nowhere to even be found. The basic tenet of the Bible is "ask forgiveness and accept it" and he flubbed that up on stage at a Christian interview.

I mean how hard is it to write a verse on the back of your hand and pretend you know something out of the Bible? Good grief, he is so haughty he can't even fake knowing his butt from a hole in the ground on the subject. The man can't even protect the borders of his own bathrooms from Transsexuals and you expect him to keep his word on the wall? Trump self-identifies as a Republican, like Bruce Jenner self-identifies as a woman. He couldn't keep his promise on Planned Parenthood being abolished for a week. The list goes on and on.

Trump keeps warehouses of memorabilia dedicated to himself. Listen, when folks mention that he is megalomaniac they are not kidding. He graced the cover of Playboy once, with a caption that he was considering buying it. In an interview (which I will try to find and link) it showed him with all these framed pictures of himself (including the Playboy one). Trump's god is himself, it is that simple. Anyone that keeps multiple huge stashes of themselves reminds me of a teenage girl posing selfies on FB. It is ok to keep stuff, but a braggart makes sure you know it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/opinion/sunday/introducing-donald-trump-diplomat.html?_r=1

There is a minimum standard I hold for voting for a president. Trump can't even find the starting line for the race. The last three men put forth by the GOP have been terrible, but Trump is by far the worse.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:20:31 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2016, 12:58:31 am »
That is what amazes me with you Trump fanatics, that video does not show anything remotely conservative, and especially Christian conservative. You act like we Cruz fans are so ill informed that we have not done countless hours of research on Trump. You do understand that calling us uninformed is probable one of the worse strategies to win support. Nothing could be further from the truth, we are at a political forum most our free time for goodness sake!!! Personally I was class of 2000 FR, and posted frequently.

Back to your video that I only watched long enough to know it was wasting my time. Trump with Oprah is a joke, he later jested twice she would make a great VP choice. Who jokes (we think he was joking) about that radical liberal being anything but what she is.

..snip

Lets just say if that was your proof, color me not impressed.

Listen, I am going a different approach than most here, like I mentioned earlier, I am a Christian Conservative (in that order). Trump has IMHO shown nothing but contempt for the Christian vote. Locally he waved a Bible around and said it was the greatest thing ever, yet he obviously has never cracked the book beyond perhaps dropping it after a rally. We know he can read, his ex (one of many) made that it clear, unfortunately it was some Hitler book that he lied and claimed a Jew gave it to him. His attempt to quote something out of the Bible made him look like a fool, by just making something out of thin air that was nowhere to even be found. The basic tenet of the Bible is "ask forgiveness and accept it" and he flubbed that up on stage at a Christian interview.

I mean how hard is it to write a verse on the back of your hand and pretend you know something out of the Bible? Good grief, he is so haughty he can't even fake knowing his butt from a hole in the ground on the subject. The man can't even protect the borders of his own bathrooms from Transsexuals and you expect him to keep his word on the wall? Trump self-identifies as a Republican, like Bruce Jenner self-identifies as a woman. He couldn't keep his promise on Planned Parenthood being abolished for a week. The list goes on and on.

Trump keeps warehouses of memorabilia dedicated to himself. Listen, when folks mention that he is megalomaniac they are not kidding. He graced the cover of Playboy once, with a caption that he was considering buying it. In an interview (which I will try to find and link) it showed him with all these framed pictures of himself (including the Playboy one). Trump's god is himself, it is that simple. Anyone that keeps multiple huge stashes of themselves reminds me of a teenage girl posing selfies on FB. It is ok to keep stuff, but a braggart makes sure you know it.

There is a minimum standard I hold for voting for a president. Trump can't even find the starting line for the race. The last three men put forth by the GOP have been terrible, but Trump is by far the worse.

I never called you, or any Cruz supporter "uninformed".  Please, don't confuse me with TOS.  I realize whatever happened there has seared your soul;  I'll pray that you find a way beyond this trauma.

You were underwhelmed by the video.  Okay, and thanks for letting me know.

Trump may show contempt for Christians, in your personal opinion, but the voting patterns from the primaries simply do not support you.  Remember Trump's primary sweep?  Trump carried the majority of Evangelical voters in more states than did Ted Cruz--the ultimate "raise the Bible high" candidate.

Well, if Trump keeps a warehouse of memorabilia about himself as you claim, I say good for him.  Every successful person I know keeps something similar.  Their lives are chock full of moments we can only dream of.  And we can hardly call those Presidential Libraries a testimony to the magnificence of the average American voter.... can we? 

And lastly you say that Trump's god is himself?  This statement makes me think you're bit full of yourself; should I conclude you are your god?  After all @Sighlass, your judgment allows me to judge you as you have judged Mr. Trump.  I got that from the Bible.

You don't like Trump.  I get that.  But, IMHO, all your many words do not add up to a rational reason why. 

Thanks for your post.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:02:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2016, 01:10:18 am »

What a coincidence!  So is Trump!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2016, 02:06:30 am »
For the past 3 or 4 years, starting before prepping became very popular, I have strongly suspected that the Republic will collapse under martial law in 2016.  I did not base my most serious concerns on economic forecasts, even though I assumed that economic chaos would be a component of the trigger for a violent Marxist takeover.  Now, Greenspan is openly declaring in a shocking, matter-of-fact way that a full-blown Venezuelan-style disaster, necessarily including martial law, is going to hit our beloved America before the end of this very year.  I think Greenspan is telegraphing it so we will wind up blaming an unfortunate global economic downturn instead of blaming the Marxists who have deliberately engineered America's economic mess (under a Cloward-Piven Strategy on Steroids)--and also loaded our nation with criminal immigrants and violent felons granted early release from prison and jihadist sleepers and radical Black activists and idiotic but violently fervent college students.

I realize that you think Trump will fix these problems.  I doubt it.  (He may not even get the chance to try.)

More importantly, the only thing that our "lesser evil" approach to voting has done in the past has been to give us useless Republican majorities in both Chambers.  The herd of GOP swine we elected to keep America safe have flagrantly violated the Constitution-centered oath of Federal office.  And now the "lesser-evil" voting crowd is telling us more principled conservatives to vote for another pandering RINO (this time, one who happens to be just an especially flamboyant fraud--not at all a principled conservative).

My bottom-line point is that our principled approach is a moral imperative for us.  We have always been in the hands of God, but many, many folks in the #NeverTrump faction have begun to realize that we are now conspicuously in the hands of God.  For spiritual reasons that transcend humanistic pragmatism, we choose not to offend our Creator (and the God of our Framers) by casting a vote for the most dishonorable, flagrantly anti-Christian, POTUS candidate in history.   

In other words, I am actually choosing to play it safe spiritually. (Surely you ought to be able to understand that--even if you don't understand it.)
goopo