Author Topic: Donald Trump in 1994: 'Putting a Wife to Work Is a Very Dangerous Thing'  (Read 1746 times)

Offline sinkspur

In the 1980s Donald Trump put a woman in charge of the Trump Tower, NYC, construction project--something unheard of for the times. And the Trump Organization continued to exemplify that spirit of meritocracy leading the construction industry in promoting women into top management positions in the organization.

To bash Mr. Trump you guys just make this stuff up as you go along, don't you? Completely divorced from any factual information. Must be nice. Saves all that time googling, getting the facts. Sweet deal, you #neverTrumps got. Vetch and spew is all you folks do. With the added bonus, none of it has to be true!

You talking about Barabara Res?  She's the woman he put in charge of the project.

Trump is a 'very angry man.'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/15/us/trump-barbara-res-amanpour/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DB

In the 1980s Donald Trump put a woman in charge of the Trump Tower, NYC, construction project--something unheard of for the times. And the Trump Organization continued to exemplify that spirit of meritocracy leading the construction industry in promoting women into top management positions in the organization.

To bash Mr. Trump you guys just make this stuff up as you go along, don't you? Completely divorced from any factual information. Must be nice. Saves all that time googling, getting the facts. Sweet deal, you #neverTrumps got. Vetch and spew is all you folks do. With the added bonus, none of it has to be true!
A rebuttal supporting Trump and his treatment of wives probably shouldn't contain the word "divorced".

Offline ConstitutionRose

If you are married and your wife works at the same business, why is she the employee and you the employer? It sounds like Trump is simply the boss, period. And maybe that has something to do with his failed marriages.

I looked at your profile to see your gender (I assumed female).   My husband and I own an IT services business.  He was accustomed to being the boss in the corporate world before we went into business.  It took awhile to work through that little thing.  You are so right about Trump.  He obviously was never able to accept his wife as an equal in the business world and it seems likely he does not accept them as equals in any part of his life.   
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online DB

He obviously was never able to accept his wife as an equal in the business world and it seems likely he does not accept them as equals in any part of his life.

For me, marriage is all in. Anything less where one party has set limits is unequal and becomes a union of convenience by the one with the power where the other is subservient to their whims. No thanks. As you saw from my profile I'm a guy. I've been happily married for 22 years.