Author Topic: DANIEL HOROWITZ: Trump, McConnell, Corker, and Cornyn Stump for Marco Over Conservatives in Florida  (Read 1665 times)

RAT Patrol

Trump, McConnell, Corker, and Cornyn Stump for Marco Over Conservatives in Florida - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/trump-mcconnell-corker-and-cornyn-stump-for-marco-over-conservatives-in-florida#sthash.yplBS0tu.dpuf

CONSERVATIVE REVIEW
Daniel Horowitz
May 31, 2016

Welcome to the great “outsiders’” revolution of 2016.

Not a single Republican establishment incumbent in the House or Senate has lost his seat this cycle.  Worse, the GOP establishment has won most open seats.  In Indiana, on the same night Donald Trump vanquished Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) from the presidential race, Rep. Todd Young (R-IN), a Boehner and McConnell loyalist, crushed his conservative opponent for the race to fill the open Senate seat.  Todd Young was one of 43 Republicans to vote for the amendment last Wednesday night codifying Obama’s transgender mandate into law.  The “year of the outsider” indeed.

It is quite possible that conservatives will fail to win a single Senate seat this year.  One of the only promising prospects for conservatives is Florida where Rep. Ron DeSantis, who has a proven record of conservatism in the House, is running against a divided establishment lane in the race to succeed the retiring Marco Rubio.
- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/trump-mcconnell-corker-and-cornyn-stump-for-marco-over-conservatives-in-florida#sthash.yplBS0tu.dpuf

Offline sinkspur

So much for the "Trump revolution."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Trump, McConnell, Corker, and Cornyn Stump for Marco Over Conservatives in Florida

Mr. Trump working with the Establishment to defeat a Conservative candidate. Gee, who could have predicted it?  Oh yes, Conservatives did.
Let it burn.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like the old Establishment Tricky Dicky Trumpy Switcharoo is complete and full circle.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Mr. Trump working with the Establishment to defeat a Conservative candidate. Gee, who could have predicted it?  Oh yes, Conservatives did.

Coryn has got to go. Trump is not conservative, heck, he is not even a Republican.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Ghost Bear

Cornyn has got to go. Trump is not conservative, heck, he is not even a Republican.

Unfortunately Sen. Cornyn isn't up for re-election again until 2020. He'll only be 68, so he will probably run. Maybe the political mood will have changed enough in the next four years such that a real conservative will run against him.
Let it burn.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Unfortunately Sen. Cornyn isn't up for re-election again until 2020. He'll only be 68, so he will probably run. Maybe the political mood will have changed enough in the next four years such that a real conservative will run against him.

I sure hope so.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Coryn has got to go. Trump is not conservative, heck, he is not even a Republican.

We seriously need to find someone to primary Cornyn.  What a disappointment he's become.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Ghost Bear

We seriously need to find someone to primary Cornyn.  What a disappointment he's become.

There was talk of doing this in 2014, but the attempt didn't get very far.
Let it burn.

Offline MajorClay

Yes, finding someone to primary Cornyn is a must.  I did not vote for him last time.  He won quite handily in his primary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There was talk of doing this in 2014, but the attempt didn't get very far.

Times like these seriously make me want to give it a go.  But that's only an idea I toy with when I'm stuck in traffic going to work LOL!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

DeSantis is currently running third, and Rubio isn't even in the race.  And the Senate is going to be a very close run thing nationally.  If the Democrats get 50 seats, Garland gets confirmed no matter what happens in the Presidential election, and the Second Amendment will be toast within 2 years.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:34:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

geronl

DeSantis is currently running third, and Rubio isn't even in the race.  And the Senate is going to be a very close run thing nationally.  If the Democrats get 50 seats, Garland gets confirmed no matter what happens in the Presidential election, and the Second Amendment will be toast within 2 years.

I think the GOP is almost definitely losing the Senate.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So much for the "Trump revolution."

Untrue.  Most of the people coming here illegally are the relatives of those coming to find work.  For every man coming, he drags along a wife and a kid or two or three or four or ?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump, McConnell, Corker, and Cornyn Stump for Marco Over Conservatives in Florida - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/trump-mcconnell-corker-and-cornyn-stump-for-marco-over-conservatives-in-florida#sthash.yplBS0tu.dpuf

Welcome to the great “outsiders’” revolution of 2016.

Oh don't mind me, the guy that warned long and loud for years what a bad idea it was to elect lesser evil republicans 'no matter what'. I'll just be off to the side of the room eating a huge delicious bowl full of "I tried telling them but they 'knew better".

Tastes REALLY freaking good too.

geronl