Author Topic: New culture wars erupt in the House  (Read 361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New culture wars erupt in the House
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:48:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/281806-new-culture-wars-erupt-in-the-house

By Cristina Marcos - 06/01/16 06:00 AM EDT

When Rep. Scott Peters (D-Calif.) offered a measure last summer to forbid funds in an underlying spending bill from being used by federal contractors discriminating against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, it was approved with little fanfare.

President Obama a year earlier had issued an executive order prohibiting such discrimination by federal contractors. No one bothered to speak out on the House floor against adding the Peters language to a Transportation Department spending bill.

“We thought that was it,” Peters said.

Now, almost a year later, appropriations bills are all but under siege over identical amendments.

An Energy Department ­spending bill failed on the House floor last week after Rep. Sean Patrick ­Maloney’s (D-N.Y.) amendment to enforce Obama’s 2014 order was adopted.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: New culture wars erupt in the House
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »
Wait till the actual war over culture starts.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:06:15 pm »
Wait till the actual war over culture starts.

Wake us when it does.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 04:17:33 am »
So what I'm hearing is that we should discriminate against the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people?

I can see it if it interferes with their ability to do the job.  But no more than that.

But that's far less than I'm seeing here.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:04:04 pm »
So what I'm hearing is that we should discriminate against the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people?

You mean treat them the way normal and sane people have been doing for the last 240 years of this nation's existence?   

People with such sexual fetish mental issues are disturbed,   and they should be treated like the mentally disturbed people they are,  not celebrated for some perverse concept of "diversity." 

When the nation was formed,   they would hang people for sodomy.   Up until the 1970s,  homosexuality and other sick fetishes would get you involuntarily confined in a mental institution.   The legal system would declare you "non compos mentis."   A large swath of these people (around 40%)  have been molested as children.   They are a repository of diseases that has no parallel in the heterosexual community.   They are way overrepresented in suicides (about 50%)  and way overrepresented in the class of child molesters,  as well as murderers.   

Now I know you will reject any criticism or warning regarding these people because you really want to believe something that isn't true,   but how about this?   

How about you don't attempt to shove your morality down my throat?   How about you keep your D@mn laws regulating my behavior away from me?   

I have a right to discriminate against whomever I chose,  if that is what I wish to do.   *YOU*   don't have a right to tell me whom I must like or whom I must associate with,  or whom I must do business with.   

Those are my decisions,  not yours,  and anyone who wants to force me to abide by their perverted concept of morality needs to be carefully reasoned with by the use of a baseball bat. 

I'm just about fed up with all the petty little wannabe dictators telling me that *I'm* the problem and that I have to accommodate sick perverts because the rest of our little democracy of fools has decreed they are normal.

The religion I grew up with teaches me they are evil,  and this lesson appears to have been punctuated by the fact that God thought they should be burned to death by the cityfull ...  TWICE!!!!!   

We have since learned that most of what was considered "evil"  by the bible are just people afflicted with diseases,   and so too is it with these misguided people.   They have serious mental issues,  and the stupidest most insane thing we can do about it is to indulge their delusions. 

No,   i'm not going to pretend a man has transformed into a female.   No,  i'm not going to pretend that males humping each others anuses is a normal condition of mankind.   They aren't normal and the acceptance of this behavior as normal is merely a symptom of a very ill society. 

I do not wish to indulge or support such a society.   That way lies death.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 12:18:46 pm »

You mean treat them the way normal and sane people have been doing for the last 240 years of this nation's existence?   

People with such sexual fetish mental issues are disturbed,   and they should be treated like the mentally disturbed people they are,  not celebrated for some perverse concept of "diversity." 

When the nation was formed,   they would hang people for sodomy.   Up until the 1970s,  homosexuality and other sick fetishes would get you involuntarily confined in a mental institution.   The legal system would declare you "non compos mentis."   A large swath of these people (around 40%)  have been molested as children.   They are a repository of diseases that has no parallel in the heterosexual community.   They are way overrepresented in suicides (about 50%)  and way overrepresented in the class of child molesters,  as well as murderers.   

Now I know you will reject any criticism or warning regarding these people because you really want to believe something that isn't true,   but how about this?   

How about you don't attempt to shove your morality down my throat?   How about you keep your D@mn laws regulating my behavior away from me?   

I have a right to discriminate against whomever I chose,  if that is what I wish to do.   *YOU*   don't have a right to tell me whom I must like or whom I must associate with,  or whom I must do business with.   

Those are my decisions,  not yours,  and anyone who wants to force me to abide by their perverted concept of morality needs to be carefully reasoned with by the use of a baseball bat. 

I'm just about fed up with all the petty little wannabe dictators telling me that *I'm* the problem and that I have to accommodate sick perverts because the rest of our little democracy of fools has decreed they are normal.

The religion I grew up with teaches me they are evil,  and this lesson appears to have been punctuated by the fact that God thought they should be burned to death by the cityfull ...  TWICE!!!!!   

We have since learned that most of what was considered "evil"  by the bible are just people afflicted with diseases,   and so too is it with these misguided people.   They have serious mental issues,  and the stupidest most insane thing we can do about it is to indulge their delusions. 

No,   i'm not going to pretend a man has transformed into a female.   No,  i'm not going to pretend that males humping each others anuses is a normal condition of mankind.   They aren't normal and the acceptance of this behavior as normal is merely a symptom of a very ill society. 

I do not wish to indulge or support such a society.   That way lies death.   

goopo :word:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17