Author Topic: Obama admits Libya failure  (Read 514 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Obama admits Libya failure
« on: June 02, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »
Obama admits Libya failure
By Susan Crabtree (@susancrabtree) • 6/2/16 3:03 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-admits-libya-failure/article/2592851?custom_click=rss

President Obama on Thursday admitted his administration's failure in Libya, where Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton played an outsized role.

For years, Obama has lambasted President Bush's decision to invade Iraq and that administration's lack of planning to stabilize the country afterward. But Obama acknowledged making similar mistakes in Libya.

"In Libya, we were right to launch an air campaign to prevent [Moammar] Gadhafi from massacring innocent civilians," he said. "But we didn't do enough to plan for the day after, when deep-rooted tribalism plunged Libya into disorder."

The admission comes at an awkward time for the Clinton presidential campaign, just hours before the Democratic front-runner is set to deliver a major foreign policy address in San Diego, Calif., home to one of the biggest concentrations of military personnel in the country.

exc

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama admits Libya failure
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:29:40 pm »
Ha.....Both Obama and Hilary are to blame for Libya yet she just gave a Nat'l Security speech warning us that Trump will be dangerous.....I don't know how she musters up the nerve to stand on a podium and warn us about Trump's policies while her's was the biggest fail in decades.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:41:25 pm »
Deep-rooted tribalism might've played an initial role in the instability in Libya, but far more the opportunism by the subhuman legions of the varied terror groups did the real damage.  Obama -- completely bereft of any understanding of the ways of war, and certainly resistant to learning anything about them -- ignored the good advice of senior DOD officials and pressed ahead with toppling Ghaddafi with no follow-on plan. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:43:01 pm »
He's been spewing this "Didn't plan for the day after" crap for weeks.  Didn't believe it then, and I still don't.  I'm more inclined to take note of what his former Secretary of State had to say:  "We came, we saw, he died!  Hahahaha!  (guffaw, I'm so funny)" 

That one line says more about the level of advance thought this bunch gave to killing off Qaddafi than any contrived BS statements from a known liar's TelePrompter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 08:54:44 pm »
He's been spewing this "Didn't plan for the day after" crap for weeks.  Didn't believe it then, and I still don't.

Oh, I believe it.  His entire presidency has been characterized by that dynamic. 

But the problem is not so much a failure to plan, as an utter lack of seriousness, coupled with a juvenile assurance that to say something, is the same as doing something.  So of course they fail to plan.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:16:39 pm »
Oh, I believe it.  His entire presidency has been characterized by that dynamic. 

But the problem is not so much a failure to plan, as an utter lack of seriousness, coupled with a juvenile assurance that to say something, is the same as doing something.  So of course they fail to plan.

Right you are.  They know they can count on the media to watch their backs.  Republicans would never get away with that crap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: