Author Topic: SiriusXM Announces Suspension of Glenn Beck over Brad Thor Interview Comments  (Read 6512 times)

Offline musiclady

Trump is only a "liberal" in minds of the 10-15% furthest to the right, if even that much.

But to them, the other 85-90% are always called "liberals."

No.  Trump is just plain liberal.

And he doesn't know a thing about the Constitution.  I know some people on the left think the Constitution is "extreme," but here's a secret................it's not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mesaclone

No.  Trump is just plain liberal.

And he doesn't know a thing about the Constitution.  I know some people on the left think the Constitution is "extreme," but here's a secret................it's not.

Maybe you could make a rational argument that he's center-right. Maybe. Trying to argue that he' s liberal is just a denial of every known bit of evidence out there. The fact that someone once was a liberal, or held liberal views, is not some sort of proof that they remain that forever. I can go position by position with you and lay out his conservative stances...but, of course, you'll just say he's faking it or lying. So your position is based in belief, not reason...and there's just no way to persuade "belief" by using facts and reason.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
I did not see anywhere in Thors quote, nor did I hear it, when I actually listened verbatim, to Thor say it on Glenn's show, where Thor said anything about assassinating anyone.

There are other ways of removing a man from office.  Interesting how the left (and Trumps supporters) go right to "violence".

Knee jerk much?

Silver Pines

Trump is only a "liberal" in minds of the 10-15% furthest to the right, if even that much.

But to them, the other 85-90% are always called "liberals."

No.  Trump is a liberal because of his lifelong liberalism.  It just works that way.

Silver Pines

I'm in a similar situation.  Beck, in his melodramatic moods is insufferable.  My husband says as soon as he hears what tone of voice Beck's using, he knows when to change the channel .  ^-^

There have been a few times, however, when Beck would tell the truth that others were afraid to tell.  He was exposing Obama, Van Jones, Valerie Jarret, and a number of others when no other talk show or TV personality would touch them.

I very much respect the courage Beck has shown in his constancy about exposing the truth about Trump.  He literally put his life in danger (the threats he's received from some of these 'patriots' have been alarming), but he never backed off.

He's still a little nutty, and I can't handle a steady diet of him, but he's performed an enormous service in exposing Trump.

He's going to be saying a lot of "I told you so's" in the coming months/years.......

I agree with all of that.

It's funny, but my husband said pretty much the same thing about Beck, lol.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yet they'll let Howard Stern say anything.

Even supposedly "uncensored" satellite radio is being censored now, and the Trump base cheers it because the guy being censored opposes Trump. Nice.

This is why I oppose Trump's candidacy. A Trump critic just got thrown off an "uncensored" outlet and replaced by a show from a known Trump shill. How long before they start canceling our social media accounts?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mesaclone

Even supposedly "uncensored" satellite radio is being censored now, and the Trump base cheers it because the guy being censored opposes Trump. Nice.

This is why I oppose Trump's candidacy. A Trump critic just got thrown off an "uncensored" outlet and replaced by a show from a known Trump shill. How long before they start canceling our social media accounts?

Your paranoid, but more importantly you are just wrong.

If Howard Stern called for the murder of the president or a presidential candidate...and discussed the how and why...he would be taken off the air AND charged with a crime. As he should be. Now, Beck and his guest did not go that far...which is why I'd defend him in terms of any legal repercussions. But a private company can certainly take him off the air if they disapprove of an implied threat he made...or even if they just don't like him. This is not the government stepping in and silencing a NeverTrump voice...its a radio station that was probably concerned about image and to a lesser extent about liability.

No need for conspiracy hats on this one.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Maybe you could make a rational argument that he's center-right. Maybe. Trying to argue that he' s liberal is just a denial of every known bit of evidence out there. The fact that someone once was a liberal, or held liberal views, is not some sort of proof that they remain that forever. I can go position by position with you and lay out his conservative stances...but, of course, you'll just say he's faking it or lying. So your position is based in belief, not reason...and there's just no way to persuade "belief" by using facts and reason.

Here's some reason for you.

He backed two hard left NYC mayors
He spent his life as a full throated pro choicer.
He wants Planned parenthood funded
He is fine with trannies in ladies rooms and beauty pageants
He has supported gun control
He engaged in multiple instances of character assination forpolitical purposes
He donated large sums to both hard left politicians and the Clinton foundation.

I could go on, however the above historically documented FACT shows that yes, he is a liberal. What he says carries zero weight. History carries ALL the weight.

Offline Mesaclone

Here's some reason for you.

He backed two hard left NYC mayorsHe backed, as a businessman, every politician who could help his business...as he should
He spent his life as a full throated pro choicer.Perhaps, but he is now pro-life...many have made that shift in their lives.
He wants Planned parenthood funded With no funding for abortion
He is fine with trannies in ladies rooms and beauty pageants Who cares...a non-issue bloviated into a big deal
He has supported gun control. Outdated, he's endorsed by the NRA and an adamant supporter of gun rights
He engaged in multiple instances of character assination forpolitical purposesas has every politician ever born
He donated large sums to both hard left politicians and the Clinton foundation.As a businessman, he'd have been stupid not to do so.

I could go on, however the above historically documented FACT shows that yes, he is a liberal. What he says carries zero weight. History carries ALL the weight.

You've shown only that he HAD liberal positions at certain times in his life...and that he donated as smart businessmen do (to both sides). So your entire case is based not on his actual positions on issues, just snippets of positions he no longer holds. The man has evolved...but more importantly...he is politically locked into the positions he is stating in the campaign. These are not things he can set aside, because even a Donald Trump cannot be effective as president if he isn't supported by guys like Paul Ryan and congress...who will never let him walk away from his stated positions.

Offline Norm Lenhart

You've shown only that he HAD liberal positions at certain times in his life...and that he donated as smart businessmen do (to both sides). So your entire case is based not on his actual positions on issues, just snippets of positions he no longer holds. The man has evolved...but more importantly...he is politically locked into the positions he is stating in the campaign. These are not things he can set aside, because even a Donald Trump cannot be effective as president if he isn't supported by guys like Paul Ryan and congress...who will never let him walk away from his stated positions.

I've showed he is a liberal. Period.

The GOP that let Obama run wild and assisted his rampage is what you are gonna hang your hopes on against an Alpha stepping all over them? Well I suppose if one can deny and wish away a man's 70 year history of action then anything's possible. Tell me, do you believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast too?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:19:53 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Mesaclone

The GOP that let Obama run wild and assisted his rampage is what you are gonna hang your hopes on against an Alpha stepping all over them? Well I suppose if one can deny and wish away a man's 70 year history of action then anything's possible. Tell me, do you believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast too?

No, you've merely shown me that he once had some liberal positions. Positions he no longer holds.

I don't wish away anything, I just understand that what he campaigns on in terms of issues...locks him within a parameter as president. That's just political reality, which its seems you don't comprehend. So common sense is my guiding principle, while yours seems to be a mix of ideological purity, ancient history, and sarcasm. I'm comfortable with my approach.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:30:03 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

What I rely on is the political reality. Trump can succeed without guys like Ryan...and he will do what he must to ensure that support. That puts limits on where he will go on issues. Obama was a dem, so the GOP congress had no ability to control his ideological choices...this is not the case with a GOP president WHOMEVER they may be.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What I rely on is the political reality. Trump can succeed without guys like Ryan...and he will do what he must to ensure that support. That puts limits on where he will go on issues. Obama was a dem, so the GOP congress had no ability to control his ideological choices...this is not the case with a GOP president WHOMEVER they may be.

Political Reality:
"Trump spent his life of 70 plus years as a leftist backing liberals"
"Trump only reversed course when running for office"
Ryan and co. have given Democrats 100% of every major issue on the table"

There's your 'political reality' Mr. Pragmatic.

Offline Mesaclone

Political Reality:
"Trump spent his life of 70 plus years as a leftist backing liberals"This is an opinion, nothing more. An incorrect one at that
"Trump only reversed course when running for office" Not true, he became pro-life for example, a number of years ago
Ryan and co. have given Democrats 100% of every major issue on the table" As i said, Trump is the GOP nominee which creates an entirely different dynamic. Obama could not have gotten away with opposing his own party on a wide array of issues. So, you are making my point.

There's your 'political reality' Mr. Pragmatic.

Your reality seems to be just a couple of unsupported opinions plus your view of what Trump's positions were years ago. Perhaps if you were to assert that his current stated positions were liberal and then argue the case, you'd have an argument. So far, you seem to oppose positions he no longer holds.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:08:54 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Your reality seems to be just a couple of unsupported opinions plus your view of what Trump's positions were years ago. Perhaps if you were to assert that his current stated positions were liberal and then argue the case, you'd have an argument. So far, you seem to oppose positions he no longer holds.

Saying history is unsupported just makes you look uninformed.

Offline Mesaclone

Saying history is unsupported just makes you look uninformed.
I apparently "look" informed then, as I've never stated such.

We should all be "aware" of the history, that does not mean that past is prologue. Often it is not, and in this case his being coupled to what is politically feasible further limits the utility of using past positions as an absolute guide. I'm still waiting to see which of his currently stated positions you are so opposed to...not expecting much of an answer, however.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Your paranoid, but more importantly you are just wrong.

If Howard Stern called for the murder of the president or a presidential candidate...and discussed the how and why...he would be taken off the air AND charged with a crime. As he should be. Now, Beck and his guest did not go that far...which is why I'd defend him in terms of any legal repercussions. But a private company can certainly take him off the air if they disapprove of an implied threat he made...or even if they just don't like him. This is not the government stepping in and silencing a NeverTrump voice...its a radio station that was probably concerned about image and to a lesser extent about liability.

No need for conspiracy hats on this one.
Which would be fine if not for two facts: 1, SiriusXM not only operates with a government-sanctioned monopoly on their medium, but 2, that same government-sanctioned monopoly openly markets as a selling point that their product is uncensored.

Also, a person who claims to have so much education would know the difference between "your" and "you're."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Also, a person who claims to have so much education would know the difference between "your" and "you're."

Some posts simply demand that card be played!  :broc:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Which would be fine if not for two facts: 1, SiriusXM not only operates with a government-sanctioned monopoly on their medium, but 2, that same government-sanctioned monopoly openly markets as a selling point that their product is uncensored.

Does it not get tiresome constantly playing to the lowest common denominator..??  Time to reintroduce "broken windows" style standards.  Pay attention and note things like this and the trolls find it less fun to stick around and romp...

:beer:

Offline Mesaclone

I do know the difference, just didn't care enough to fix the typo. But you win the grammar battle, if only your other arguments were as cogent. BTW, I don't recall claiming to have "so much education"...could you point that out for me.

Offline bolobaby

That dawg won't hunt. That little fig leaf did not impress SiriusXM at all. Seems they figured out their own exposure to criminal liability and took steps to minimize that.

Wait, wait, wait...

You mean like the way Trump uses a thin fig leaf to veil his lies and attacks? Here - let me try Trumping up an attack using his exact style:

"Look at this picture. It's a lovely picture, but people say that there is way too much intimacy in this picture. They say it kind of looks like a picture of someone who lusts after their own daughter. I mean, I'm not saying that. They seem like lovely people, but people say it. I don't know."

Same exact pattern that Trump uses. Similar pattern that Thor used. Except one is a "fig leaf," and the other is "speaking truth to power?"

Hrm.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

@Mesaclone

"He wants Planned parenthood funded With no funding for abortion"

The fact that you don't understand that money is fungible demonstrates that other "nuances" may escape you.

Have you ever tried to fill just the shallow end of your pool? Juuuust curious.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:10:59 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline musiclady

Fascinating.......

I don't believe that "fact and reason" ever apply to your posts.  Just hardcore "belief" that Trump is what he is not, and desperation to ignore the truth that's right in front of your face.

But you are a good soldier, Mesaclone, albeit unreasoned.   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Great point, jmyrle.    Beck was one of the only people courageous enough to keep pointing out the reality of who Trump is.

Gotta shut him down......

geronl

Liking men hopping in the shower with 7th grade girls is what...
Liking Planned Parenthood is what
Owning porn stars and strip clubs and casinos is socially on which side...
Liking government handouts to corporations is what
Bigger, better, gold-plated government is what....

Trump is a leftist by every measure anyone has ever had.