Author Topic: Cruz looks to ease bad blood with GOP establishment  (Read 561 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz looks to ease bad blood with GOP establishment
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:52:28 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/cruz-senate-races-223575

After his bruising loss, the Texas senator who loved making enemies aims to repair broken relationships by campaigning for Republican senators.

By Katie Glueck and Burgess Everett

05/31/16 05:19 AM EDT

Ted Cruz’s associates insist he’s returning to the Senate as the same uncompromising, hell-bent conservative he’s always been. But one thing is different, and it’s glaring: The senator who made enemies with fellow Republican senators and bragged about it to voters now wants to play nice — or at least his version of nice — with his colleagues.

And the first step to improving his rancorous relationships, the Texas senator’s allies say, will be to help them keep their Senate seats. The freshman senator wants to return to the campaign trail this fall as a conservative surrogate for Republicans aiming to turn out the GOP base, they say.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Cruz looks to ease bad blood with GOP establishment
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »
It looks like the GOPe doesn't want Cruz's help. They want the Uniparty to continue.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/cruz-senate-races-223575

After his bruising loss, the Texas senator who loved making enemies aims to repair broken relationships by campaigning for Republican senators.

By Katie Glueck and Burgess Everett

05/31/16 05:19 AM EDT

Ted Cruz’s associates insist he’s returning to the Senate as the same uncompromising, hell-bent conservative he’s always been. But one thing is different, and it’s glaring: The senator who made enemies with fellow Republican senators and bragged about it to voters now wants to play nice — or at least his version of nice — with his colleagues.

And the first step to improving his rancorous relationships, the Texas senator’s allies say, will be to help them keep their Senate seats. The freshman senator wants to return to the campaign trail this fall as a conservative surrogate for Republicans aiming to turn out the GOP base, they say.

continued

Brilliant strategy by Cruz.  Only help fellow conservatives, and not mention once the Orange turd by name the entire campaign.  Works for me.

As badly as the slime Trumpet Freepers like to trash Cruz, he secured 560 delegates on a national stage.  He will become a rock star in conservative circles.  I also would pay money to hear him chuckle after Trump flames out and is down to ashes in November.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »
Brilliant strategy by Cruz.  Only help fellow conservatives, and not mention once the Orange turd by name the entire campaign.  Works for me.

As badly as the slime Trumpet Freepers like to trash Cruz, he secured 560 delegates on a national stage.  He will become a rock star in conservative circles.  I also would pay money to hear him chuckle after Trump flames out and is down to ashes in November.

Trump is going to win in a landslide.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:58:05 pm »

Prehaps, if he really wants to win. I'm not convinced that he does.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 03:01:47 pm »

LMAO....   So which states is Trump going to win that wasn't in the GOP column in '12?  (Careful..people are reading)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 03:26:19 pm »
Could Politico possibly be any snarkier? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 03:33:09 pm »
Could Politico possibly be any snarkier?
Well.... I think Cruz did enjoy publicly tweaking other Republicans, and tried to use that outsider status in the campaign.  So maybe there is some snark, but there is also some truth.

Honestly, I think Cruz's biggest weakness as a candidate was stylistic, sort of a preening self-righteousness that bled over into that preaching cadence he had.  And maybe he's learned something from watching Trump's more full-throated arrogance on full display.  Ted needs to learn to stick to his guns without being a dick about it, and if he can do that, I think it will have a positive effect not only on his colleagues, but on voters as well.

I think this campaign has humbled Rubio a bit as well, which also was needed.  Everything came easy to him before this, and I don't think he put in all the work that was necessary.  So I'm hoping both of those promising your Republicans learn enough from this campaign to be better candidates next time around should they choose to run again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:34:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
This is a hateful article written by a couple of snots.

I read the whole article and don't find it hateful.  Various senators do want his help in states where Cruz won or did very well.  So, some want his help and some do not after evaluating their voter base.   Plus, I'm from Texas and know Cruz from his campaigning here during his quest for Senator, and he would not help any senator who is opposed to conservative values - he would not compromise his values.
@CatherineofAragon

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 04:12:27 pm »
But but but...I thought Cruz WAS GOPe Establishment according to the Trumpets? Now that Trump as secured the nomination, he's a mischevious, obstinate, stridently stubborn outsider who doesn't fit in and can't work with anyone again.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »
LMAO....   So which states is Trump going to win that wasn't in the GOP column in '12?  (Careful..people are reading)

Trump has blinders on when he claims to win certain states in November.  Let's take New York state that he says he will win because he won the Republican primary.  When that state voted, I looked at the turnout numbers.  Over 300,000 Republicans voted.  However, over 600,000 voted in the Democrat primary.  600,000 wins over 300,000 every time. Trump will NOT win New York state in November.  Winning a Republican primary does not mean a win in November in a blue state.