Author Topic: Canada's federal Conservative Party begins its implosion.  (Read 240 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Canada's federal Conservative Party begins its implosion.
« on: May 31, 2016, 03:26:16 am »
The past few days have been very difficult on traditional conservatives in Canada.  At the Conservative Party of Canada's national convention in Vancouver, delegates voted in favor of same-sex marriage and to progress along the path toward marijuana legalization.

Individual delegates at the party convention also caused a stir.  As reported by Maclean's, a Canadian national current affairs magazine:

That debate turned emotional at an election review session Friday where party officials candidly acknowledged the strategic and tactical blunders that upended the 2015 campaign. But it was Urz Heer, a 47-year-old delegate who works for Brampton MP Kyle Seeback, who made the more lasting impressing on the room. She broke down as she assailed the party for its strategy.

"This last election campaign was a disaster. I'm also a Muslim and this campaign targeted us, unfairly," she said, her voice shaking with emotion.

"This party worked actively and aggressively against my people." When some delegates fired back that it did not, Heer doubled down: "It did," she insisted. "It did."

"This country belongs to everyone, including me. For the first time I felt that I didn't belong here, and this is my country. It's unfair. It was unfair to my people."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/canadas_federal_conservative_party_begins_its_implosion.html
The Republic is lost.