Author Topic: Trump postpones release of veterans funding details  (Read 2102 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump postpones release of veterans funding details
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:46:48 pm »
I guess the promised clarification(sic) about his lying about what money he raised and distributed isn't coming today like he said. That's OK. We can't expect Our DonaldTM to be held to his word for more than an hour. He is just so much smarter than the rest of us, his facts can change quickly.

Donald Trump is postponing an announcement about the money he's raised for military veterans until after Memorial Day.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee claims he raised about $6 million for veterans when he declined to participate in a Fox News debate in January, but critics have scrutinized the fundraising totals.....

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/281663-trump-postpones-release-of-veterans-funding-details

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump postpones release of veterans funding details
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:52:40 pm »
So, let's see.

Trump's been sitting on this money ($4.5 million was the latest number BEFORE Trump was forced to pony up the $1 million he'd promised only last Monday. The press hounded him until he gave it) for four months.  No doubt he had to tally up his carrying costs and his personal vig before distributing it.

What a scam artist.  Anyone who gives this clown a dime is a dope.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 06:55:42 pm »

Nothing like a good game of 3 card monte!

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:21:39 pm »

Nothing like a good game of 3 card monte!

You wouldn't think that after 8 years of dem raiding the Treasury that there would be anything left.

Apparently America is a lot richer than we have been told and tRump is aiming to slide lots of big Gubmit bucks off the table during  "Dealer" POTUS Days.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 07:26:24 pm »
He has his best people working on it.  It's not easy just giving away money to charity. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 07:33:31 pm »
Translation, he doesn't have the money..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:49 pm »
I guess the promised clarification(sic) about his lying about what money he raised and distributed isn't coming today like he said. That's OK. We can't expect Our DonaldTM to be held to his word for more than an hour. He is just so much smarter than the rest of us, his facts can change quickly.

Up there with "I'll be showing my income taxes soon".  When you buy snake oil from the snake oil salesman, sometimes you just get the snake.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:19:26 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »
Translation, he doesn't have the money..

It is in a safe place.  Donald wouldn't lie...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34:08 pm »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 08:38:59 pm »
It is in a safe place.  Donald wouldn't lie...

This veterans' charity thing is confusing. Normally, I can understand Trump's twisted way of thinking. Normally, I can see sanity and cunning in what appears to be chaos.

However, this does have me at a loss. I can see no possible reason/excuse in what he is doing, i.e., holding the money.

It reminds me of the accountant who embezzled a couple of hundred thousand to bet on a stock. The idea was that he would use the money for a few days, keep the profits, and then return the money with no harm no foul. When the stock tanked and the margin calls came, he was wiped out. And this has been way over a few days. It has been months now. What happened to the money? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know if Trump took all the money and bet it all on Even/Red, but it is starting to look that way.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:42:08 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 08:57:58 pm »
He has his best people working on it.  It's not easy just giving away money to charity.

Top men...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:59:50 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 09:08:39 pm »

This is a Sun-Tzu move, I tell you.  Trump is playing three-dimensional chess while the rest of us play checkers.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 09:12:16 pm »
This veterans' charity thing is confusing. Normally, I can understand Trump's twisted way of thinking. Normally, I can see sanity and cunning in what appears to be chaos.

However, this does have me at a loss. I can see no possible reason/excuse in what he is doing, i.e., holding the money.

It reminds me of the accountant who embezzled a couple of hundred thousand to bet on a stock. The idea was that he would use the money for a few days, keep the profits, and then return the money with no harm no foul. When the stock tanked and the margin calls came, he was wiped out. And this has been way over a few days. It has been months now. What happened to the money? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know if Trump took all the money and bet it all on Even/Red, but it is starting to look that way.

Last time I checked that is called Embezzlement..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 09:23:14 pm »

Yep. More and more it is starting to look that way with each passing day. If we still had a real news media in America, this would already be settled.

Can you imagine the 60 minutes team from the 70s/80s getting on this? There would be blood. But, they and we are all dinosaurs now. There is no more 'news' that is no tightly controlled by either corporate interest groups or the White House. That is a shame, but, what can you do?

If the powers that control everything wanted us to know about this, and wanted us to know in this time frame, then we would know. Obviously, for some reason, they are not interested, or do not want to publish what happened with this incident.

We will know when they want us to know. And, at that time whenever it is, we will know what they want us to know.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 09:45:04 pm »

@kevindavis

LIVE Stream: Donald Trump Holds Press Conference at Trump Tower (5-31-16) at 11:00 AM EDT.
rsbn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnytS5Sp3XM

Donald Trump will hold a news conference on Tuesday to unveil a full list of groups that received donations from a veterans fundraiser held in January, the businessman announced on Sunday.

"We're announcing on Tuesday all of the groups that've gotten the money," Trump said during remarks at a motorcycle rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial. "We're having a big press conference and it's going to be a great day."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnytS5Sp3XM
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:46:11 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 10:04:35 pm »
"We're having a big press conference and it's going to be a great day."

Of course it will be.  The conman/snake oil salesman will provide an accounting of the funds.....just not all the funds.  Tump has to get his 60/40 cut.  The man has overhead. Admin costs. Salaries to pay his best people...

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 10:40:09 pm »
Yep. More and more it is starting to look that way with each passing day. If we still had a real news media in America, this would already be settled.

Can you imagine the 60 minutes team from the 70s/80s getting on this? There would be blood. But, they and we are all dinosaurs now. There is no more 'news' that is no tightly controlled by either corporate interest groups or the White House. That is a shame, but, what can you do?

If the powers that control everything wanted us to know about this, and wanted us to know in this time frame, then we would know. Obviously, for some reason, they are not interested, or do not want to publish what happened with this incident.

We will know when they want us to know. And, at that time whenever it is, we will know what they want us to know.

You'll have to wait until Trump has the official nomination. Then the blood will flow... No point now.

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:45 pm »
Did El Douche show us the Money today as promished.  Was it Great? Was it a Big press conference....  The greatest evar?