Author Topic: WSJ‘s Bret Stephens: Trump Must Lose So Badly That the GOP Voters ‘Learn Their Lesson’  (Read 1215 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.mediaite.com/online/wsjs-bret-stephens-trump-must-lose-so-badly-that-the-gop-voters-learn-their-lesson/?platform=hootsuite

WSJ‘s Bret Stephens: Trump Must Lose So Badly That the GOP Voters ‘Learn Their Lesson’

by Sam Reisman | 2:17 pm, May 29th, 2016 VIDEO 1190

Speaking to CNN’s Fareed Zakaria Sunday afternoon, Wall Street Journal‘s Bret Stephens said that it was important for Donald Trump to lose the general election so utterly that the Republican party and its voters “learn their lesson” and never nominate someone like him ever again.

Stephens has been one of Trump’s most outspoken conservative critics, writing in March, for instance, that Trump is essentially an amplified version of Barack Obama. Both men were “epic narcissists who see themselves as singularly suited to redeem an America that is not only imperfect but fundamentally broken,” he wrote.

“The candidacy of Donald Trump is the open sewer of American conservatism,” he wrote on another occasion.

“I most certainly will not vote for Donald Trump,” Stephens told Zakaria, adding that he wanted to “make sure he is the biggest loser in presidential history” in a very long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npf4sXfjnR0

Stephens continued: “It’s important that Donald Trump and what he represents — this kind of ethnic quote ‘conservatism’ or populism — be so decisively rebuked that the Republican party, the Republican voters learn their lesson that they cannot nominate a man so manifestly unqualified to be president in any way, shape, or form.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Unfortunately, I doubt this lesson will be learned.  I fully expect the "Daddy" Trump worshipers to double down on stupidity.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
With all of the laser focus on everything Trump, what guys like young Mr. Stevens continue to ignore is the coming shit-storm when the Hildebeest wins the FBI Primary.  The Democrats are all-in on her and she will take the entire party down in flames with her when she goes.

Consider this;  FBI Director James Comey is known for being a shrewd law enforcement officer who does not play politics.  I believe he realized early on in the investigation exactly how serious the violations are, and has paid close attention to all of the public lies the Hildebeest has issued over the course of the past year on this.  Comey knows full well that if all this investigation produces is a set of allegations, the end result will be no prosecution and minimal sanctions on anyone.  Given the past history of successful Federal prosecutions of similar crimes of arguably lesser magnitude, there is good reason to believe that the entire Clinton entourage is in serious jeopardy & they all know it. 

That's why I am convinced that in fact, some time last year, a secret Federal Grand Jury was empaneled and has been hearing evidence in this case ever since.  It is the only course that makes any sense, given the magnitude of the crimes, and the continued hard-core spin from Team Clinton, along with deliberate, provocative actions by the Administration to act as a distraction.  The Media is doing their part by going 24/7 on Trump and up until last Friday, short mention in the news cycle.

Keep in mind that Ben Rhodes' brother is the President of CBS News.  Given what we know about Ben, does anyone want to wager on the prospects for propaganda coordination??

So, when the FBI is ready to announce the results of their investigation, I firmly believe it will be in the form of unsealed Federal Grand Jury indictments; multiple counts of violation of multiple chapters of our national security codes against multiple Clinton Crime Family members and players.  How did Sid Blumenthal get near instantaneous access to NSC memos of the highest classification??  Just who is responsible for facilitating the whole server and e-mail business while she was the sitting SecState?? 

And let's not forget that the FBI is looking into fund raising coordination with the Clinton Crime Family as well.

This is so big and so wide spread through the Democrat Party, this is why I expect the Party to all but collapse with the Hildebeest's campaign.  That means all those voters of hers are going to either not vote, or jump over and support Trump to keep Sanders from taking control of the Party, and to give themselves 4 years to recover and come at what they hope will be a disastrous Trump first term.

Again, the most important Primary that is yet to be decided is the FBI Primary, and a win by the Hildebeest will ensure that Donald Trump is the next President of the United States more than anything Trump can say or do between now and election day.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it...

:smokin:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ya' know I'd love for this to be true, but if this is where anti-Trumpism is at, then count me out. Hillary will flood the country with enough illegals, turn the USSC left, maybe permanently and eventually extend voting to illegals through executive order. I don't really like Trump, and will be there to say nah nah nah told you so when/if he loses in November, but a bad loss by Trump could be disastrous for a number of reasons, especially if his loss extends downticket.

I don't know who is more irrational, Trumpsters or #nevertrump's these days.

Offline skeeter

How can I take this Stephens guy seriously when he repeatedly refers to Trump as conservative?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I like your story Chieftain and hope you are right
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mystery wrote:
"I like your story Chieftain and hope you are right"

I hope he's right as well, but...

... in this day and age, I just don't see how a Grand Jury as important as this could be kept "secret".
If it exists, we'd know about it by now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Mystery wrote:
"I like your story Chieftain and hope you are right"

I hope he's right as well, but...

... in this day and age, I just don't see how a Grand Jury as important as this could be kept "secret".
If it exists, we'd know about it by now.

It's called kabuki theater.

As to the GOP - their leadership hates their base of voters with as much vitriol as the Marxist Democrats do.  Will they learn their "lesson"???? Hell no.

We'd be reading this same exact crap if Cruz was the presumptive nominee, so it's not just because Trump  - it's because Trump was not their Darling oligarchy member.

He is Hillary's.

It's like watching a bad Japanese play about Trotsky, Lenin and Stalin.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline markomalley

So GOP voters are supposed to fully support Boner, Turtle, Willard, and the like? Get the peons back on the farm and shut up so the smart people can continue to do the great job they've done to date?

Screw the GOP.

If Drumpf wins, the GOP is dead.

If Drumpf loses, the GOP is dead.

And the GOP deserves to die.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is so big and so wide spread through the Democrat Party, this is why I expect the Party to all but collapse with the Hildebeest's campaign.  That means all those voters of hers are going to either not vote, or jump over and support Trump to keep Sanders from taking control of the Party, and to give themselves 4 years to recover and come at what they hope will be a disastrous Trump first term.

Again, the most important Primary that is yet to be decided is the FBI Primary, and a win by the Hildebeest will ensure that Donald Trump is the next President of the United States more than anything Trump can say or do between now and election day.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it...

:smokin:

Hillary is working hard to portray herself as happy and jovial (read: 'lots of drugs'). But internally, she is deeply worried. No one knows more than she, all of the criminal acts she has committed, sanctioned, and in which has been involved in one way or another. Although she knows what she knows, what is eating her alive is that she does not know what the FBI and other agencies know or how much Obama and others are going to hang her out to spin on her own.

At this point, she is keeping her campaign alive as much for political cover from numerous criminal charges, as she is campaigning to actually win the election. Even if she loses the election, as long as she stays out of prison she has won regardless, in a sense.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:31:41 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.