Author Topic: THE AMERICANS Renewed for Two Final Seasons on FX; Drama Will Conclude in 2018  (Read 364 times)

Offline RoosGirl

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/THE-AMERICANS-Renewed-for-Two-Final-Seasons-on-FX-Drama-Will-Conclude-in-2018-20160525

THE AMERICANS, the most critically acclaimed series on television, will conclude its extraordinary series run on FX with two more seasons, it was announced today by Eric Schrier and Nick Grad, Presidents of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions. A 13-episode fifth season will air in 2017, followed by a 10-episode sixth and final season in 2018. Three episodes remain in the current season, with the season four finale scheduled for Wednesday June 8 at 10 PM ET/PT on FX.

"Through its first four seasons, critics have lauded The Americans as one of the best shows on television and, remarkably, a series that keeps getting better every year," said Schrier. "All credit for that achievement goes to everyone who has worked on the show, and especially Co-Showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields, Graham Yost, our brilliant stars Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich, Allison Wright, Holly Taylor, Annet Mahendru and the ensemble cast for their incomparable performances every season. We have no doubt that this two-season order will allow Joe and Joel to tell this story to its perfect conclusion. On behalf of our producing partners at Fox 21 Television Studios and Amblin TV, we look forward to a brilliant final act of the Jennings family saga."

Excerpted

Offline RoosGirl

Anyone watching this show?  I quite like it.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Great series. Brings back Cold War memories. 

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline bootless

Anyone watching this show?  I quite like it.

I love this show. I have to catch up on ALL of this season, though.

In, I think, the pilot episode, when I saw Phillip in the school assembly with the astronaut and the patriotic theme, I saw in his eyes that he just might choose life as an American. Don't tell me if he's defected this season ... but that's been in the back of my mind since the beginning. :)
"Never fall in love with a politician ... they'll break your heart every time" ~Lee Rodgers (RIP)

Offline bootless

Great series. Brings back Cold War memories.

They had me at "Tusk."
"Never fall in love with a politician ... they'll break your heart every time" ~Lee Rodgers (RIP)