Author Topic: Trump: There was talk of a 'second convention in August'  (Read 2254 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump: There was talk of a 'second convention in August'
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:02:09 pm »
Trump: There was talk of a 'second convention in August'

By Eric Bradner and Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 5:05 PM ET, Sun May 29, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/29/politics/donald-trump-second-republican-convention-august/index.html

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said Sunday some unnamed Republicans discussed a "second convention in August."
The presumptive GOP presidential nominee made the claim during the Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

"You know I was supposed to be going to Cleveland in July, and it was going to be a big fight," he said. "And they didn't know if I could win then. They were going to have even -- they even talked about having a second convention in August. Stuff that nobody even heard about."
"And look what happened! I won -- we won," Trump said.

Trump was referring to a period in the Republican presidential primary in which anti-Trump figures sought to block him from amassing the 1,237 delegates necessary to claim the party's nomination on the first ballot at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July.

If no candidate claimed the nomination on the first ballot, the convention would have been the first multi-ballot gathering in 40 years -- with candidate frantically working to usher suddenly-unbound delegates into their own camps.

But there was no public talk from GOP officials of leaving the party's nomination undecided until a second convention in August.

t's not the first time Trump has made the claim. He said the same thing several times last week, including at a press conference in North Dakota.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Trump: There was talk of a 'second convention in August'
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 10:03:32 pm »
"The Art of Just Making Chit Up"

by Donald J. Trump

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »
I watched his disorganized speech at the Rolling Thunder Rally. It was painful to listen to his fractured syntax. He makes it up as he goes along. No one even bothers to correct the runaway narcissist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 10:09:42 pm »
I watched his disorganized speech at the Rolling Thunder Rally. It was painful to listen to his fractured syntax. He makes it up as he goes along. No one even bothers to correct the runaway narcissist.

Masochist much?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 10:11:57 pm »
Trump is a mentally disturbed sociopath. He manifests the symptoms more and more.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 10:13:09 pm »
It would be interesting to find out who has more first person references per minute of speech - Donald Trump or Baraq Obama.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »
I find it a fascinating study of blatant mental illness. I apply my professional skills as a psychiatric nurse to analyzing Trump.   ^-^

geronl

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 10:16:56 pm »
does he ever talk anything but crap

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 10:52:40 pm »
Trump is a mentally disturbed sociopath. He manifests the symptoms more and more.

Agreed.  He is mentally disturbed without a doubt.  The only thing to do from this point forward is to make sure that we elect conservative Senators and Representatives, state Congressmen, governors, mayors, sheriffs, etc., giving as much power to the states as possible.  Hopefully, IF the Orange Jello Brain is elected they will impeach him.  With any luck he will appoint a half way decent VP.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 10:57:26 pm »
Agreed.  He is mentally disturbed without a doubt.  The only thing to do from this point forward is to make sure that we elect conservative Senators and Representatives, state Congressmen, governors, mayors, sheriffs, etc., giving as much power to the states as possible.  Hopefully, IF the Orange Jello Brain is elected they will impeach him.  With any luck he will appoint a half way decent VP.

Any VP who agrees to be on the Trump ticket is suspect and certainly is not a good judge of character. I would find it hard to trust such a person.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 11:02:27 pm »
I am not going to remember all the details, but someone over at TOS was trying to convince people about a secret convention.  This went along with all the "proof" that Cruz was stacking the rules committee with his delegates to make enough rule changes for him to "steal" the nomination.  Of course, as it turns out there were 2 confirmed and an additional 6 supposed Cruz supporters known of the 112 rules committee members to be selected.  So here is talk again about this "secret" convention.  Wonder where all this got started.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 11:22:01 pm »
I am not going to remember all the details, but someone over at TOS was trying to convince people about a secret convention.  This went along with all the "proof" that Cruz was stacking the rules committee with his delegates to make enough rule changes for him to "steal" the nomination.  Of course, as it turns out there were 2 confirmed and an additional 6 supposed Cruz supporters known of the 112 rules committee members to be selected.  So here is talk again about this "secret" convention.  Wonder where all this got started.

Paranoia will destroy ya- Ray Davies.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:08 am »

How did Rolling Thunder respond to him.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 02:50:58 am »
How did Rolling Thunder respond to him.
The audience was not shown. The camera was on Trump so I could not say.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 06:24:19 am »
Most of Trump's support is actually anger directed at the anti-Trump protestors IMO. If they would leave the guy alone, people would get bored of Trump. But as it is Trump gets press because Trump rallies are places where anything can happen. Protestors interrupt speeches, supporters yell and jostle protestors. Sometimes protestors attack Trump supporters, sometimes the opposite. But the constant anticipation of the unknown is part of the reason why people are fascinated with Trump. With other rallies you get the same old canned, prepared speeches. Trump is like a real life WWE. And people get angry when anti-Trump supporters attack Trump supporters, it never fails to make his poll numbers go up.

Trump was actually going to lose the primary, but when Chicago happened, I had a feeling in my gut that he won it right there and then, and he did.

When nobody is there to antagonize Trump or his supporters, Trump speeches are rambling and boring.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 07:33:36 pm »
does he ever talk anything but crap

That my friend IS New York Values!
Add on apparent schizophrenia and Shazam...... Donald tRump.

Maybe its wishful thinking, but I just a sneaky feeling that something is going to happen and tRump will either flip all the way out,  or the RNC has figured a way to deny his right to delegates.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 08:03:21 pm »
The audience was not shown. The camera was on Trump so I could not say.

Trump said he only liked veterans who weren't captured

What nimrod invited him to a rally for POW's...!!!

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 08:13:53 pm »
Unnamed?  The orange turd has never had a problem calling anyone out.  I call BS on this one.  Not that he would lie or anything.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 08:30:20 pm »
Trump said he only liked veterans who weren't captured

What nimrod invited him to a rally for POW's...!!!

Good point! Someone should have done random interviews with the bikers?

"What would you think of anyone who said he only liked heroes who were not captured."

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 09:11:28 pm »

Now I'm going to have to look it up and watch, just for the trainwreck factor.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 09:27:15 pm »

Be prepared- it was an amazing display of adult ADD- jumping from topic to topic and inserting his usual sound bites.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 09:40:59 pm »
I googled stumpy's speech, and there it was, the link, staring me in the face.  But I couldn't do it.  I couldn't bring myself to click on it.  The thought of listening to the pathological, serial liar ON PURPOSE made me cringe.

@CatherineofAragon
Former Republican.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 11:01:58 pm »
Be prepared- it was an amazing display of adult ADD- jumping from topic to topic and inserting his usual sound bites.

I just couldn't bring myself to do it, LOL.

@sitetest

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 12:01:53 am »
I watched about 5 minutes.  It's like stream of consciousness speaking.