Author Topic: Bill Krystol's Tweet  (Read 10287 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Bill Krystol's Tweet
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2016, 04:17:51 pm »
It is ironic that underneath my statement that "hitlery is a gross bumbler," You place an upbeat, cheery, even celebratory picture of the hag.

It's not ironic, @sitetest.   I used a picture I thought you'd like because after "gross bumbler" came your big "but" (no pun intended  ^-^ ) choosing Hillary over Trump.  I'm certain she, as do I, would give you a "thumbs up"!

No worries, pal ...  I'm on your side!   :patriot:

Offline markomalley

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 04:22:59 pm »
The problem is, Trump is even more mentally unstable.  Witness his off-the-cuff remarks about nuclear weaponizing Japan and South Korea and his insane idea to attempt a dialogue with Kim Jung-Un.  Trump is stupid, and he doesn't know he's stupid.  He thinks he's smart about things he knows nothing about.  I'm betting he STILL couldn't tell you what the nuclear triad is.

Trump is dangerous in a very personal way.  Witness how he treats those who don't do him homage (i.e., Susana Martinez).   

Hillary would be a bad president.  We've had bad presidents before.  But we've never had a crazy president before.  Trump would be the first.

I worked, briefly, in the clinton White House.   hitlery is bat shit crazy, and a bumbler.  stumpy is bat shit crazier, and, as sinkspur says, is too stupid to know what he doesn't know.   The only thing where stumpy excels hitlery is in the ability to deceive.   hitlery is a pathological, serial liar, but she is not a very good deceiver.  She is transparent, and most people see right through her.  But stumpy actually deceives and excites a critical minority (for now) of people of which hitlery could only dream.

The principal thing that concerns me about Trump, @sitetest , is the slavish devotion of his cult followers. You do have a point there.

I see him as a snake-oil salesman. There is a difference between being a snake-oil salesman and insane.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2016, 05:11:59 pm »
Yeah.  Noticed that.  I bet that tweet ruined Trump's holiday.

Ever notice almost 95% of anyone who does not agree with Orange turd is deemed a "loser"

Do the Trumpets really want the mentality of a high school punk running this country? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2016, 05:20:45 pm »
Ever notice almost 95% of anyone who does not agree with Orange turd is deemed a "loser"

Do the Trumpets really want the mentality of a high school punk running this country?

Do they? It would appear so. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »
It is ironic that underneath my statement that "hitlery is a gross bumbler," You place an upbeat, cheery, even celebratory picture of the hag.

The posts are leaning very liberal. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »
The principal thing that concerns me about Trump, @sitetest , is the slavish devotion of his cult followers. You do have a point there.

I see him as a snake-oil salesman. There is a difference between being a snake-oil salesman and insane.

Your post seems to suggest that, underneath it all, at least stumpy has a vague idea what he's doing.  He's a confessed man, but he  basically knows he's saying stuff just to whip up his crowds.

I'd like to think so, but I don't think he believes his own crap sandwich.  Otherwise, there are certain things he wouldn't say.  Like going on about Sen. Cruz' father AFTER Indiana.   Like the US debt thing.

If stumpy loses the election, these two items may be the cause.  They are what drives much of the #Nevertrump movement.  So, he gained nothing other than a momentary thrill from and for his worshippers.   But it may have cost this insecure idiot who constantly brags about its high IQ the election.

And stumpy is oblivious.

It doesn't know what it doesn't know.  It is an orangutan or maybe, a baboon.  But a great deceiver.  Perhaps The Great Deciever.
Former Republican.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »
Oh, yeah!  Looks like us #Nevertrump may have some for which to vote other than warmed-over Libertarians, and the dregs of the Constitution Party.

Pie in the sky we'll never taste.

Our only hope is resurrecting the Republican Party.  It would take too many years for another party to become viable and, in the meantime, irreparable damage would be done to our country.

I would even vote for the despicable Trump to get the dems out of power for four years.  During that time, Trump will make us sick, ashamed and possibly in danger, but we know that Hillary would make us sick, ashamed and in real danger.

The anger that the little trumpers feel for the establishment Republicans can possibly be channeled into voting against Mitch MicConnell, John Boehner, John McCain and all their ilk and getting them out of congress. 

After that, since Trump will surely be a goner in 4 years, we would have a chance for Ted Cruz and a real conservative Republican party.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »
stumpy's election would be the end of the Republic.

Former Republican.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Bill Krystol's Tweet (Updated)
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2016, 09:57:36 pm »
Bill Kristol ‏@BillKristol  8m8 minutes ago
I'm traveling, so hadn't realized I'd so upset @realDonaldTrump. I'm sorry the mere mention of an independent candidate has so unnerved him.

Bill Kristol ‏@BillKristol  5m5 minutes ago
I hope my mention of an independent candidate didn't distract him while paying respects during whichever Memorial Day ceremony he attended.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:59:57 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:48 pm »
stumpy's election would be the end of the Republic.
Actually, the end of the Republic happened November 6, 2012...the day that the people decided that "more free stuff" was worth more than their freedom. (I say 2012 rather than 2008 as people could be given a break the first time with the hopey-changey stuff)

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:54 pm »
Actually, the end of the Republic happened November 6, 2012...the day that the people decided that "more free stuff" was worth more than their freedom. (I say 2012 rather than 2008 as people could be given a break the first time with the hopey-changey stuff)

No break needed. The mere fact that they bought the hopeandchange was the end of the Republic.
a country is it's people. It's people chose liberalism, then went on to nominate a hard leftist to the GOP to 'fix' things in 12, thus showing the end was already past.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2016, 11:31:50 pm »
No break needed. The mere fact that they bought the hopeandchange was the end of the Republic.
a country is it's people. It's people chose liberalism, then went on to nominate a hard leftist to the GOP to 'fix' things in 12, thus showing the end was already past.
Point taken. But I was trying to be charitable.

HonestJohn

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:08 pm »
Thirty minutes ago.  What to make of it?

Libertarian candidate, perhaps?

HonestJohn

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:42 pm »
:odrama:

Hope it's not another....

Vanilla ice-cream burger?

HonestJohn

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2016, 12:02:47 am »
All I can say is that any Kristol-supported third party candidate better be able to win some electoral college votes and simultaneously not allow other states to flip. If not, then this third party candidate will toss the election to Her Thighness. And that might actually be Kristol's goal.

Remember back in March:

I am very, very suspicious of anything he does.

Considering the two candidates, Hillary is less damaging to conservatism (and American ethos) than Trump.  The wholesale round up of millions within a country has only been seen twice in recent history.  Both countries faired poorly afterwards.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2016, 12:06:44 am »
Considering the two candidates, Hillary is less damaging to conservatism (and American ethos) than Trump.  The wholesale round up of millions within a country has only been seen twice in recent history.  Both countries faired poorly afterwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback  Other than the disparaging term used which I'd disagree with, I thought we did okay in the '60s and '70s.

HonestJohn

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:25 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback  Other than the disparaging term used which I'd disagree with, I thought we did okay in the '60s and '70s.

That 'operation' didn't amount to the millions.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:32 am »
Apparently Kristol is starting a new party called the "Renegade Party":

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=209496.msg904506#msg904506

:shrug:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2016, 12:24:11 am »
That 'operation' didn't amount to the millions.

Per the administrations of Roosevelt, Truman and Ike; let alone history in total down through recent years, I'd surmise millions have been deported. Does it need to be in a time frame? What is the annual average of deportees?
The Obama administration deported a record 438,421 unauthorized immigrants in fiscal year 2013, continuing a streak of stepped up enforcement that has resulted in more than 2 million deportations since Obama took office, newly released Department of Homeland Security data show.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/10/02/u-s-deportations-of-immigrants-reach-record-high-in-2013/

Hundreds of thousands a year are deported, that adds up to millions.

Eisenhower did not deport 13 million Mexicans. Only one-tenth that number was ever claimed by the federal officials in charge of  "Operation Wetback," and even that figure is criticized as inflated by guesswork. Officially, just over 2.1 million were recorded as having been deported or having departed under threat of deportation.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/07/hoover-truman-ike-mass-deporters/

The wholesale round up of millions within a country has only been seen twice in recent history.

But in what cases are we talking about? Were these millions citizens?  If they are not citizens; what are they? Invaders?

We had internment camps, the Soviet Union did massively move certain peoples in the past, the Chechens I understand.

Figures vary on how many were deported during Eisenhower's administration.

Apparently, Russia deports many currently as well.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:36 am »

I disagree with both you and mark.

At least, up through the possible election of stumpy, statism would at least the token resistance of a major political party.

Before the takeover of the Republican Party by the stump yikes, there was at least the potential of a conservative renaissance.

As we conservatives are slowly banished from the party of Lincoln,  the dictatorship pioneered by the kenyan anti-christ will be cemented by the great deceiver, and the Republican Party hierarchy will hold its coat.

I fear that after trump, the the Republican habits will be completely extinguished from any significant part of the electorate, no less close to a majority.
Former Republican.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2016, 01:09:43 am »
I disagree with both you and mark.

At least, up through the possible election of stumpy, statism would at least the token resistance of a major political party.

Before the takeover of the Republican Party by the stump yikes, there was at least the potential of a conservative renaissance.

As we conservatives are slowly banished from the party of Lincoln,  the dictatorship pioneered by the kenyan anti-christ will be cemented by the great deceiver, and the Republican Party hierarchy will hold its coat.

I fear that after trump, the the Republican habits will be completely extinguished from any significant part of the electorate, no less close to a majority.

I don't see where potential existed at all. You can MEASURABLY chart the increasing lurch to the left in each election since Reagan left. Thats across the board. Candidates, politicians, policies, voting, online commentary, news commentary...all of it.

A Renaissance cannot/could not happen under those conditions when the voters themselves are fueling the leftism with their voting. Couldn't then, certainly can't now. Such is the result of lesser evil/pragmatism that some of us screamed from the rooftops about for years now.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:36 am »
As long as you're all good with President Clinton '45.  Because that's what this will mean at the end of the day.

Suggestion:  Don't go to other forums to read what hard-core Trumpkins have to say about anything.  Don't read their comments on Ted Cruz topics.  If you ignore them, you can come to grips with the idea that President Trump will be truly amusing and the death of PC.  Come to grips that his slate of potential Supreme Court picks actually looks pretty solid.

In other words, bury the hurt feelings and ignore the fact that a sizable % of Trump people are just plain jerks.  Then vote to defeat Hillary.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2016, 01:27:20 am »
As long as you're all good with President Clinton '45.  Because that's what this will mean at the end of the day.

Suggestion:  Don't go to other forums to read what hard-core Trumpkins have to say about anything.  Don't read their comments on Ted Cruz topics.  If you ignore them, you can come to grips with the idea that President Trump will be truly amusing and the death of PC.  Come to grips that his slate of potential Supreme Court picks actually looks pretty solid.

In other words, bury the hurt feelings and ignore the fact that a sizable % of Trump people are just plain jerks.  Then vote to defeat Hillary.

You don't save a country by electing more idiots to run it. People chose to empower one such idiot this election as they chose to empower another last election. The destruction of America is 100%on their shoulders. Not those of us that stood on the principles America was built on.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2016, 01:31:31 am »
It is not only about hurt feelings.  Trump is unfit to serve as President.  He is emotionally and ethically unstable, an abuse of power waiting to happen.  Hillary will be bad, but at least the Dems get the blame for her.  It would be entirely irresponsible to give Vicious, Vindictive Trump that kind of power.  Amusing?  No.  More like frightening.

Brilliantly stated.  If you support Trump now, you own everything he says and does from this day forward.  Every slur, every insult, every lie, every self-serving comment.

Dignity is the shorthand we use to determine civilized behavior.  Trump has NO dignity.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2016, 01:38:54 am »

:bsflag:

And another one exposes themselves.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17