Author Topic: Sometimes, Heads Should Roll...By Kevin D. Williamson  (Read 253 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sometimes, Heads Should Roll...By Kevin D. Williamson
« on: May 29, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/436007/print

Sometimes, Heads Should Roll
If you don’t dismiss a journalist for dishonesty, then what?
By Kevin D. Williamson — May 29, 2016

Of course Yahoo News should fire Katie Couric. She committed an act of gross intellectual dishonesty — and if you don’t fire a journalist for dishonesty, what in hell do you fire one for? Bad manners?

Well, yes. More on that in a bit.

Couric is under fire (you know, like Hillary Rodham Clinton in Bosnia) for her role in an anti-gun documentary (NB: My iPad wants “anti-gun” to be “anti-fun” — changed it three times — and I do not disagree) in which dishonest editing was used to make it look as though pro–Second Amendment activists were unable to answer elementary questions about a gun-rights controversy. This technique is known as “the Jon Stewart.” What you do is take a few seconds (or, in this case, a few minutes) of reaction shots (the footage they shoot of people’s faces while other people are talking) and then insert that non-talking footage after a question is asked: Voilà, the opposition is literally speechless. My friend Jonah Goldberg knows a little bit about this, his Daily Show appearance being an infamous example of editing with malice.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34