Author Topic: 4-Year-Old Who Fell Into Cincinnati Zoo's Gorilla Enclosure Expected to Recover (ABC Video)  (Read 3517 times)

Offline sinkspur

It is important to note that the moat surrounding this particular gorilla habitat is well away from the viewing area.  The kid had to climb through a barrier of some sort and transit through some distance to even get to the top edge of the moat.  The kid did not just fall over a railing into that moat.  That means there was time for a parent to intervene had they chosen to do so.

Bet me a burger Mom has video on her smart phone of Junior taking the dive.

:smokin:

I'm guessing you're right.  Idiot parents are on display everywhere you go.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

just Google

"activist eaten by bear"

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
just Google

"activist eaten by bear"

Actually read a book on that incident. Well, that's going to far but I get the love for animals.

I guess his name was Timothy Treadwell.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Woman who recorded gorilla incident says toddler 'only had minutes left'

Excerpt:

But the woman who recorded the incident said she wants to set the record straight. Kim O'Connor says many people talking on social media have it all wrong.

She says what happened at the zoo that day was no one's fault, but rather a tragic accident. O'Connor's phone recorded the disturbing video of a gorilla dragging a young boy and the screams at the zoo heard around the world.

She says all she wanted that Saturday was a snapshot of the gorilla. She says within about 60 seconds, everything changed when she "heard a splash."

Then, the 400-pound gorilla began dragging the toddler.

"I'm telling everyone stop screaming, stop screaming," O'Connor said Wednesday.

The screams made the situation even worse.

"He (the gorilla) definitely responded to the noise of the crowd, because when we got the crowd to stop and be quiet he sat still longer, but the minute the volume went up and people really started yelling, the more he felt like he had to get that boy away," O'Connor said.

Then came the controversial shot killing the gorilla.

"People are saying things, and they have opinions about something they know nothing about," O'Connor said. "It was not a friendly, 'I'm going to take him to the zookeeper and let him go.' He was dragging him around like a doll and they had to do what they had to do, that boy only had minutes left, I know he only had minutes left."

More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/06/05/woman-who-recorded-gorilla-incident-says-toddler-only-had-minutes-left/85451038/