Author Topic: Republican chairman resigns over Trump  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Republican chairman resigns over Trump
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2016, 06:52:10 am »
By the way, I went to Trumps website to see what he actually had to say on the issue.  Couodn't find anything.  But I did find the video where he talks about self funding "all the way to Washington".

Do you have a link please?  Asking for a friend.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2016, 01:27:56 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 02:03:30 pm »
@Once-Ler
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/issues
Scroll down to self funding

Trump self funding?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump has yet to donate the first dollar to his campaign.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline texhenry

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 02:14:25 pm »
How many has Ted Cruz alienated?

None, he is not the nominee.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »
How many has Ted Cruz alienated?

None, he is not the nominee.

Yes, but so far neither is DT.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2016, 03:26:02 pm »
All the word Expedite means is they get a preference in line in the Immigration process. That is not Amnesty. Its no more then what US has done in the past with others. Example the German Scientists after WW2. They got moved up in the immigration waiting line to become citizens.  Its still the immigration process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

German scientists were not in the United States illegally to begin with.  Your "logic" is specious.

Trump proposes to deport illegals and then expedite the legal return of some that he calls "the good ones."  These people have broken the immigration laws of the United States.  If rewarding them with preferential treatment is not amnesty, then what is amnesty?

And from a purely practical standpoint, if we are going to let "the good ones" back in, why not figure out which ones are "the good ones" while they are here and spare the expense of deporting and re-admitting them?

James 1:20

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2016, 03:28:25 pm »
German scientists were not in the United States illegally to begin with.  Your "logic" is specious.

Trump proposes to deport illegals and then expedite the legal return of some that he calls "the good ones."  These people have broken the immigration laws of the United States.  If rewarding them with preferential treatment is not amnesty, then what is amnesty?

And from a purely practical standpoint, if we are going to let "the good ones" back in, why not figure out which ones are "the good ones" while they are here and spare the expense of deporting and re-admitting them?

LOL, because that would be inarguable amenesty!  If you make a show of it and deport and then re-import them it doesn't look quite as much as amnesty.  Come on, @HoustonSam !

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2016, 03:32:58 pm »
But, can anyone actually find in Trump's list of positions on his website that he actually proposes to round up all the illegals and deport them and then let the good ones back in?  I can't find it.  I think that is just part of his rally/debate ramblings and people have latched on to it because that's what they want to hear.  Is his website wrong?  If so, what else on his website is wrong?  Or was he wrong during the debates/rallies? 

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:30 pm »
LOL, because that would be inarguable amenesty!  If you make a show of it and deport and then re-import them it doesn't look quite as much as amnesty.  Come on, @HoustonSam !

Wow, I guess that's some of Trump's stealth jedi jiu-jitsu 3-dimensional chess!  Boy he sure put it past me!

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »
Is his website wrong?  If so, what else on his website is wrong?  Or was he wrong during the debates/rallies?

That's an entirely fair question, and one that illuminates very clearly a fundamental and serious problem with the Trump candidacy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2016, 07:19:37 pm »
I think that is just part of his rally/debate ramblings and people have latched on to it because that's what they want to hear.  Is his website wrong?

That depends on whether you want to go by what Trump actually said, or go by what one of his handlers posted on a website.

But in this case, his son doubled down on this during an interview going to great lengths to explain how compassionate his father was to promptly bring them back into the US.

And then there's Trump calling Romney's plan "mean-spirited" because he merely wanted to cut off all the 'free stuff' to illegals in the US.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2016, 07:25:19 pm »
That depends on whether you want to go by what Trump actually said, or go by what one of his handlers posted on a website.

But in this case, his son doubled down on this during an interview going to great lengths to explain how compassionate his father was to promptly bring them back into the US.

And then there's Trump calling Romney's plan "mean-spirited" because he merely wanted to cut off all the 'free stuff' to illegals in the US.

Well, when a candidate has a few different positions on the same topic I think people tend to pick the one that they like and go with it.  Technically they aren't wrong when they argue until the cows come home that that's what was said.  I'm not into guessing which one the candidate thinks is the "correct" position.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2016, 07:29:31 pm »
Well, when a candidate has a few different positions on the same topic I think people tend to pick the one that they like and go with it.  Technically they aren't wrong when they argue until the cows come home that that's what was said.  I'm not into guessing which one the candidate thinks is the "correct" position.

Huh?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2016, 07:32:01 pm »
As far as I can tell Trump has had at least 3 different positions on illegal immigrants in the last 4 years.  Which one is correct?  I could argue that Trump said he is going to kick all the illegals out and then let only the good ones back in, and be correct.  He has said that.  But then his campaign website says nothing of the sort.  So, which one is correct?  I don't want to have to guess.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2016, 07:35:27 pm »
As far as I can tell Trump has had at least 3 different positions on illegal immigrants in the last 4 years.  Which one is correct?  I could argue that Trump said he is going to kick all the illegals out and then let only the good ones back in, and be correct.  He has said that.  But then his campaign website says nothing of the sort.  So, which one is correct?  I don't want to have to guess.

His position changes to fit whatever crowd he's talking to and whatever his opinion that day happens to be.

You might not want to guess...but he want's to keep you guessing so that he's never wrong no matter what position he takes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2016, 07:40:55 pm »
LOL.  We can't get away from each other. ;)

Yes, that's basically what I am saying.  Just because we are disagreeing about the Rush thing doesn't mean we aren't agreeing here. :)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2016, 07:55:39 pm »
LOL.  We can't get away from each other. ;)

Yes, that's basically what I am saying.  Just because we are disagreeing about the Rush thing doesn't mean we aren't agreeing here. :)

:thumbsup:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2016, 08:31:56 pm »
And, while we're talking about holding various positions on the same subject, let me point out (again) that the Trump campaign website has video of Trump saying he was going to self fund, not the primary, just self fund "to Washington".