Author Topic: Republican chairman resigns over Trump  (Read 6409 times)

Offline markomalley

Republican chairman resigns over Trump
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:28:14 am »
From the Palm Beach Post:

The chairman of the Palm Beach County Republican Party’s black caucus resigned last week, saying he can’t hold the official party post because he can’t support Donald Trump for president.

Calvin Turnquest — a former Tequesta councilman and unsuccessful 2014 congressional candidate —

@realDonaldTrump is a #trojanhorse & I can't support him 4 #POTUS. I resign my position with @PalmBeachGOP as a Caucus Chair. #NeverTrump
— Calvin Turnquest (@CalvinTurnquest) May 25, 2016 " target="_blank">announced his resignation on Twitter and included the #NeverTrump hashtag. But Turnquest told the Politics column that while he won’t actively support Trump, there’s a chance he’ll end up voting for the part-time Palm Beacher in November.

“Just because somebody puts an ‘R’ beside their name doesn’t mean they’re a Republican or a conservative. Donald Trump in my opinion does not represent Republican or conservative values,” said Turnquest, who supported Sen. Marco Rubio’s presidential bid.

Glad to see the man has the courage of his convictions. Far better than the hacks in Congress who, after bashing the Orange Man throughout the primaries, are now lining up, hat in hand, behind him.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Republican chairman resigns over Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 10:31:03 am »
 :odrama:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 12:17:55 pm »
Just one more person Trump has alienated.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 12:25:28 pm »
How many has Ted Cruz alienated?

There's no way to overturn the establishment without breaking a few eggs and offending a few individuals. The guy who resigned did the right thing, if you can't support the nominee head for Hillary country because that is your new destination.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 12:27:18 pm »
Just one more person Trump has alienated.
He can join the other single digit (and shrinking) group of right leaning anti-Trumps on the corner mumbling to stuffed animals over their loss of the Adored one...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 02:40:09 pm »
He can join the other single digit (and shrinking) group of right leaning anti-Trumps on the corner mumbling to stuffed animals over their loss of the Adored one...

Well then he and they wI'll be members of an elite group.  In the universe of lame remarks that stuffed animal remark is in the top 10. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 02:42:12 pm »

So childish.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 02:44:45 pm »

Lots.  Mostly on the left.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:45:22 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 02:50:52 pm »
I will proudly stand right there beside him! #nevertrump
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 02:57:52 pm »

There's no way to overturn the establishment without breaking a few eggs and offending a few individuals. The guy who resigned did the right thing, if you can't support the nominee head for Hillary country because that is your new destination.

Trump is not trying  to overturn the establishment.  That was Ted Cruz. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »

:amen:  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 03:15:37 pm »

Really. How many did Ted Cruz alienate WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY. The guy could hardly buy a backer amongst his GOP colleagues in the Senate. More importantly, I'm not really even saying that's a bad thing...but if someone is going to criticize a candidate for "alienating" someone, they should take a look at the context AND at who their own guy has alienated. The real truth is that you have to break a few dishes...but we don't get to have one standard for a guy like Cruz and another for Mr. Trump.
"
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 03:16:44 pm »
Really. How many did Ted Cruz alienate WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY. The guy could hardly buy a backer amongst his GOP colleagues in the Senate. More importantly, I'm not really even saying that's a bad thing...but if someone is going to criticize a candidate for "alienating" someone, they should take a look at the context AND at who their own guy has alienated. The real truth is that you have to break a few dishes...but we don't get to have one standard for a guy like Cruz and another for Mr. Trump.
"

Don't play silly games.  Cruz was/is an anti-GOPe guy. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »

Stuffed animals?  That's a bizarre remark.  I can only wonder where your inspiration came from.

Tell you what, if I'm the last one standing, I'll be #NeverTrump to the end, and my sleep at night will be sweet.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
Could there be a more misleading title?   **nononono*

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 03:38:25 pm »

Trump is the establishment.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

ABSOLUTELY!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »

Turn the page @Oceander   Trump is the new establishment chosen by the shareholders.  Ted Cruz is part of the old.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »
Turn the page @Oceander   Trump is the new establishment chosen by the shareholders.  Ted Cruz is part of the old.

FAIL

Trump is the old establishment, the one of government subsidies and favors and crony capitalism.  The one that people like you used to say you wanted to get rid of; instead, you've enshrined it.

Second, I wasn't aware this was a private corporation.  I was of the understanding that this was a republican democracy.  Finally, we haven't even gotten to the party primaries, let alone the general election.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »

FAIL

No, @Oceander   It's actually a WIN--in every sense of the word.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 06:05:21 pm »

Cruz alienated all the right people, including lyin' Mitch McConnell, who is supporting Trump since McConnell knows his gravy train will continue whether Trump or Hiltery wins.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40:04 pm »

I don't know who or what you are, but that's a perfect quote of the Alinskyite leftists, e.g. "Gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette...".

Congrats!

:bsflag:

Me, I prefer principle, truth, and honor, which is why I'm #NeverTrump.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 09:50:59 pm »

You can't write a single post without insulting and diminishing someone else, because, well, hey, you're Trump.
It's what you are.  It's part of your character.

"Right-leaning?"  Versus, Christian, patriotic, and conservative?  Like George Washington, maybe?    I'll wear that badge with honor.   Wouldn't you be a lot more comfortable berating innocent folks on FreeRepublic?

Little gutless bullies like you are what I've fought every day of my life.  Keep it up.  You're losing more votes for Trump every time you move your lips or move your fingers.  You and your Trumpkin buddies are the best thing to happen to Hillary Clinton since Whitewater and her little 19 year old Huma doll.

#NeverTrump, because
#ForeverChristian and
#OathKeeper

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 09:58:49 pm »
You won't be the last one standing, I and many others will be there with you. :patriot:

:amen:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.