Author Topic: Pat Buchanan: Whites Looking to Trump as Blacks Did Obama — 'With Hope'  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Back on point here.....Pat has it wrong.  The whites who are looking at a Preezy who will hand out the Hopium are all feeling the Bern.  What I see out here is lower middle class whites and white students who are the most rabid Bernie supporters.  The people supporting Trump have a different set of priorities and expectations...for starters they work and own houses....

Pat still has an important voice, but as always you need a fifty pound tote-sack full of salt to go along with anything he says...

Offline DiogenesLamp

Musiclady is one of the most respected members of this forum, has been here since its inception, and doesn't deserve your insults made from a position of complete arrogance.

You had best climb down off your high horse and dial it back.  Your measly posting history does not give you license to trash one of our most respected members.

If you want to be respected, act like a civilized human being.

The more I see of what you write,  the less I care of what you think.   Quantity is no substitute for quality.   In your case they seem to be inversely proportional. 

If MusicLady takes offense,  then I am sorry,   but I am not expecting a debate with wilting flowers.   If people cannot deal with contrary opinion,  than they really have no business arguing with people on the internet. 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:11:09 am by mystery-ak »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

The more I see of what you write,  the less I care of what you think.   Quantity is no substitute for quality.   In your case they seem to be inversely proportional. 

If MusicLady takes offense,  then I am sorry,   but I am not expecting a debate with wilting flowers.   If people cannot deal with contrary opinion,  than they really have no business arguing with people on the internet.

I have you on ignore, which makes us both happy.   Insults are not tolerated nor are they part of debate, and that's exactly what you leveled at Music Lady. 

I really don't expect you to last long here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Familiar with the expression "AMF, YOYO"...??

:smokin:

Offline DiogenesLamp

Maybe just unrealistic. In simple terms, the next President will be a democrat or a Republican period.

The choices are now two.   You will get either the one, or you will get the other.   

Trump is the Frying pan,  and Hillary is the Fire.   As bad as is the Frying pan,   i'd rather Fry than burn. 

The probability of having more conservative outcomes from democrats versus Republicans is out of the question, whereas the opposite is more probable.

If you want conservative outcomes, probability indicates voting for Republicans, imperfect as they are.

I am not a Trump supporter.   I got my posting privileges suspended at Free Republic because I kept pointing out how unethical was Trump and his supporters in regards to Cruz.   I do not want Trump,   I very much preferred Cruz,   but I am adult enough to grasp the fact that Cruz is no longer an available choice,   and we will either get  an Obnoxious narcissistic business man of dubious ethics,   or we will get a deluded and evil power-hungry witch with no ethics and who very greatly hates us.   

Call me silly,   but i'd rather have to deal with the Obnoxious Narcissist than the Evil witch-queen. 

We can endure Trump's pomposity and fickleness,   but we will not be able to endure Hitlery's Gestapo.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I have you on ignore, which makes us both happy.   Insults are not tolerated nor are they part of debate, and that's exactly what you leveled at Music Lady. 

One would think you could just ignore me without all the drama of informing us all that you are henceforth going to ignore me.   

And of course you cannot appreciate the irony of  the fact that it is you who engaged me in conversation,   and not the other way around.  :)   

If your's is what passes for the level of discourse around here,   I think  you may very well be correct,   but not for the reasons you think.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Please stop the insults and personal attacks...and also stop quoting them....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Nobody who has looked at the behavior of Hillary Clinton for the last 24 years can conclude that Donald Trump is just as bad.    Do we have a Trump body count?   Do we have Trump using the power of government to investigate their political enemies tax filings?   

Do you know anything about the history of Hitlery Clinton?   

You cannot be serious.   You must be speaking from ignorance,   because seldom has there ever appeared in political movements anyone so hate-filled  viciously evil as Hillary.   

Trump is a freaking boy scout compared to that horrible evil b*tch. 

Yeah,  she was an evil b*tch back in the early 70s too.

Yes, I'm serious, and yes, I know all about Hillary (perhaps even more than you do).

My problem isn't ignorance....... it's ethics.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Musiclady is one of the most respected members of this forum, has been here since its inception, and doesn't deserve your insults made from a position of complete arrogance.

You had best climb down off your high horse and dial it back.  Your measly posting history does not give you license to trash one of our most respected members.

If you want to be respected, act like a civilized human being.

Thanks for your support, sinkspur.

I'm never offended when some total stranger lashes out and calls me ignorant.

It's clearly a matter of their own ignorance.   ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

False comparison.   Trump is more like buttermilk.   Horribly tasting and not necessarily satisfying,  but won't kill you.    Hitlery is like Cyanide.   

Not to me it isn't!  I can't see a dimes worth of difference in them and will NOT vote for either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yes, I'm serious, and yes, I know all about Hillary (perhaps even more than you do).

My problem isn't ignorance....... it's ethics.  :patriot:

I am not grasping what you are saying here.   In what manner do Hillary's ethics win over Trumps ethics?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Not to me it isn't!  I can't see a dimes worth of difference in them and will NOT vote for either!

If you can't see a dimes worth of difference,   than you need to look deeper.   Trump is an @$$,   but Hillary is pure evil.   

I wouldn't have thought I would need to say this to any conservative,   but you need to look at her past history of abuse of power.   You need to find out how ugly and nasty that hate-filled b*tch has treated those people who worked for her,   (such as her staff and secret service detail)   and how much seething hatred she has for us right wing types.   

Hillary is on a completely different threat level than is Donald Trump.   Trump is just a boorish egomaniac,   but Hillary is a powerhungry totalitarian bent on the destruction of us and all that we believe.   

Hillary will turn the Federal government into the Gestapo and then attempt to use it to destroy us.   This is her pattern when she has held power before.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

I am not grasping what you are saying here.   In what manner do Hillary's ethics win over Trumps ethics?

You're right.  You're not grasping a lot.

You must just be ignorant.  :seeya:

(It's remarkable how many Trump bullies think they can insult people, call them ignorant and stupid, or worse, and then expect to have a reasonable conversation afterwards.  Either Trump's arrogance wears off on his followers, or Trump attracts people who are arrogant to begin with.  :shrug:)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:14:50 pm by musiclady »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

(It's remarkable how many Trump bullies think they can insult people, call them ignorant and stupid, or worse, and then expect to have a reasonable conversation afterwards.  Either Trump's arrogance wears off on his followers, or Trump attracts people who are arrogant to begin with.  :shrug:)

Why don't you just lay off the personal attacks?

Offline musiclady

Why don't you just lay off the personal attacks?

Ummmm................ read upthread a bit, Weird.  This guy came at me with a 2x4 out of the blue, and I responded politely. 

He's not expecting a serious conversation.  It might be best for you to leave this one alone.

geronl

Trump and Hillary are twins except for the pantsuit

geronl

Trump is far more popular with black people than has been any other Republican  candidate since Eisenhower.

Trump is a pimp, a certain demographic loves that.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is a pimp, a certain demographic loves that.

:nono:

Offline DiogenesLamp

So your response is to be flippant and to not answer the question? 

Do you not have an answer?   

I am not a Trump supporter,  nor am I a Trump follower.   For some reason I am not making that clear regardless of how many times I have already said and demonstrated it. 

I got suspended at Free Republic for criticizing Trump.   I do not like Trump,   but it has long ceased to be a question of what any of us like.   The choice is now Mr. Big Ego,   or Communist blood-bath Hillary. 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:37:14 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump and Hillary are twins except for the pantsuit

I saw a bit of wisdom the other day.   The man stated something that I have learned to be the truth,   but he said it so eloquently that I have adopted his verbiage.

2.  dc.sunsets May 20, 2016 8:22 AM

I now realize that it is a waste of time to try to persuade others. Some people change their own minds, then go looking for confirmation, finding it at rally points established by those of great passion.

Once thresholds are reached, others begin to join out of herding impulse.

Vox Popoli is one such rally point.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

So your response is to be flippant and to not answer the question? 

Do you not have an answer?   

I am not a Trump supporter,  nor am I a Trump follower.   For some reason I am not making that clear regardless of how many times I have already said and demonstrated it. 

I got suspended at Free Republic for criticizing Trump.   I do not like Trump,   but it has long ceased to be a question of what any of us like.   The choice is now Mr. Big Ego,   or Communist blood-bath Hillary.

I don't choose to give an answer to one who clobbers first, and asks later.  The "flippant" response was to deflect your out of the blue insult.  Consider yourself fortunate that I am more polite than you are.

But if you call me "ignorant" again because I don't agree with your assessment of the comparison of two evil people, I will choose not to respond at all.

Your accusation that I am ignorant of who Hillary is, is just plain dopey.

I'm finished here.....

Offline DiogenesLamp

Saying nothing of value is less useful than not even starting. 

— Lord Melbourne —