Author Topic: Judge In Trump Univ. Fraud Trial Releases Documents Trump Tried To Hide  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/05/28/judge-trump-univ.-fraud-trial-releases-documents-trump-tried-hide/

Friday, as reported by my colleague Susan Wright, Donald Trump blasted the “Mexican” judge who is presiding over the fraud trial involving the outright scam that was “Trump University”.

Whether connected or not, the same judge ruled on Friday to unseal documents Trump’s lawyers had wanted to keep concealed from the public.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/05/donald-trump-university-judge-unseals-files-223687
    A federal judge blasted by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump Friday has taken note of the fact that Trump isn’t happy with the way the judge is handling lawsuits over alleged fraud by the Trump University real estate seminar program.

Just hours after Trump used a campaign speech at a San Diego convention center to unleash a remarkable verbal fusillade against U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, the judge — who also happens to be based in the same southern California city — acknowledged a much more measured fashion of the criticism Trump has aimed at the court.

“Defendant became the front-runner for the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue,” Curiel said in an order unsealing a series of internal Trump University documents that Trump’s lawyers asked be kept from the public.

This is an extraordinary election year. The Democrats will nominate an elderly and very unwell woman who has been monumentally incompetent at everything she has turned her hand to and is incapable of recognizing the truth should it leap out of the tall grass and bite her fat, dimpled ass.

The Republicans have rather managed to do much the same.

Where the Democrat candidate stands in jeopardy of being indicted for compromising national security, the GOP candidate will give testimony, under oath, in fraud trial where he is the star.

What did our poor nation do to deserve this?

Offline verga

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/05/28/judge-trump-univ.-fraud-trial-releases-documents-trump-tried-hide/

Friday, as reported by my colleague Susan Wright, Donald Trump blasted the “Mexican” judge who is presiding over the fraud trial involving the outright scam that was “Trump University”.

Whether connected or not, the same judge ruled on Friday to unseal documents Trump’s lawyers had wanted to keep concealed from the public.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/05/donald-trump-university-judge-unseals-files-223687
This is an extraordinary election year. The Democrats will nominate an elderly and very unwell woman who has been monumentally incompetent at everything she has turned her hand to and is incapable of recognizing the truth should it leap out of the tall grass and bite her fat, dimpled ass.

The Republicans have rather managed to do much the same.

Where the Democrat candidate stands in jeopardy of being indicted for compromising national security, the GOP candidate will give testimony, under oath, in fraud trial where he is the star.

We let the media pick the last two Republican candidates, and held our noses and voted for them. We accepted mediocrity and moderatism, instead of demanding full bore Conservatism. In short we got the candidates we deserve.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We let the media pick the last two Republican candidates, and held our noses and voted for them. We accepted mediocrity and moderatism, instead of demanding full bore Conservatism. In short we got the candidates we deserve.

You can only vote for who is in front of you, in 2008, the primary was too late, 2012 I was for Santorum, 2016, I was for Walker first and then, Cruz.

Oceander

What do the sealed papers have to say?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace

Over 50 million dead children and damaged [for life] mothers?
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I suspect they need some time to go over them yet.

Online Hoodat

We let the media pick the last two Republican candidates

The last three.  Without the press giving Trump free publicity 24/7, we wouldn't be in this mess.  And this same press is salivating for the Convention to be over so that they can release the scores of stories they have been sitting on for the past year.

Check out Trump's MSNBC interview.  They toyed with him at the start by reading off Sanders' positions and asking Trump to identify the candidate who held them.  But instead of nailing him to the wall for the remaining time, they let him off the hook again and again and again no matter how uninformed he proved himself to be.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Suppressed

Their lips are sealed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

That is what I would like to know. 

I was thinking about what Trump did here concerning this trial and his disrespect for the Judicial system.  It is a disrespect for an elected position.  Americans voted that Judge in and Donald Trump comes out disrespecting that position.  America is making a huge mistake with Donald Trump.  Here is a guy running for POTUS and has no respect for the authority of the Judicial system.  Thinking that he can insult his way out of a trial to determine his own guilt or innocence in a case of fraud against him.  This is very telling.    Today it is a judge doing his job.  Tomorrow Senate, Congress or Supreme Court.  He is setting the agenda to tell Americans that he disregard authority and they should also if he says so.  His way to undermine what he would have to take a oath to uphold.  President doesn't give you authority to tear down our elected government.  State or Federal.

Now I know that I will get flack for this but it does make me think of Hitler.  He became sole authority and anyone that crossed him was shamed, killed or sent to camps. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mechanicos

From what I have heard they are mostly trade marked confidential training material the university sells to people. So basically the judge is punishing the University by allowing their confidential teaching material to be public. Its petty judicial misconduct.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline verga

That is what I would like to know. 

I was thinking about what Trump did here concerning this trial and his disrespect for the Judicial system.  It is a disrespect for an elected position.  Americans voted that Judge in and Donald Trump comes out disrespecting that position.  America is making a huge mistake with Donald Trump.  Here is a guy running for POTUS and has no respect for the authority of the Judicial system.  Thinking that he can insult his way out of a trial to determine his own guilt or innocence in a case of fraud against him.  This is very telling.    Today it is a judge doing his job.  Tomorrow Senate, Congress or Supreme Court.  He is setting the agenda to tell Americans that he disregard authority and they should also if he says so.  His way to undermine what he would have to take a oath to uphold.  President doesn't give you authority to tear down our elected government.  State or Federal.

Now I know that I will get flack for this but it does make me think of Hitler.  He became sole authority and anyone that crossed him was shamed, killed or sent to camps.
Orange is the new black
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Oceander

From what I have heard they are mostly trade marked confidential training material the university sells to people. So basically the judge is punishing the University by allowing their confidential teaching material to be public. Its petty judicial misconduct.

:baby:

Online Hoodat

Utter nonsense.  Interesting slant though.  I never figured you would be one to affirm that Trump is a principal in all this, fighting to protect the 'confidential teaching material' of a now-defunct business course offering.  See the pitfalls of making it up as you go?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

From what I understand, Trump U is like all get rich scams..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Each day Trump makes outrageous statements that reveal the depth of his ignorance and narcissism. The media does not call him out and his fans give him a pass on everything. Disheartening election cycle.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Hoodat

Each day Trump makes outrageous statements that reveal the depth of his ignorance and narcissism. The media does not call him out .  .  .

Just wait until after the GOP Convention.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Just wait until after the GOP Convention.

If the media does in fact go after Trump if he is named as the nominee, it would give credence to the theory that it was all a set-up from the get-go to get Hitlery elected. At this point, I don't think this would surprise me.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

:baby:

Well counselor look up the takings clause and tell me how much its going to Hurt Trump now....
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Hoodat

The WSJ will fire the first volley.  After that, it will be a bloodbath.  By November, Trump will be lucky to win 150 electoral votes.

And in the process, the name of 'Conservatism' will be destroyed from both sides.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.

The nation's voters are the ones who voted to nominate these two dregs who were aided by a corrupt media.  The Democrat party didn't have much of a choice, but the GOP voters (many if whom should have known better) threw away good men, much better choices than Trump, in favor of Trump.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:38:26 pm by Eowyn »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The nation's voters are the ones who voted to nominate these two dregs who were aided by a corrupt media.  The Democrat party didn't have much of a choice, but the GOP voters (many if whom should have known better) threw away good men, much better choices than Trump, in favor of Trump.

It seems to me that they played a game.  They wanted Bush or Rubio.  They didn't like Cruz so they didn't support him.  They chose Trump over Cruz.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RedHead

What university?  Neither Trump University or it's successor are in business anymore so there is no organization to punish or business to hurt.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline LadyLiberty

Politico already got access to one set of documents a few months ago and published them here:  http://static.politico.com/25/88/783a0dca43a0a898f3973da0086f/trump-university-playbook.pdf

But wait, there's more!