Author Topic: The Japanese were trying to make an atomic bomb, too  (Read 709 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Japanese were trying to make an atomic bomb, too
« on: May 28, 2016, 03:56:49 pm »
In all the press about Obama visiting Hiroshima, Japan, where the U.S. dropped the first atomic bomb on its enemy in 1945, not one word has surfaced about the fact that the Japanese were, at the same time, working on their own atomic bomb, and would have used it on Americans had they been able. Nor has anything been said about the fact that they were much closer to making an atomic bomb than most Americans know.

The Japanese had begun a program to develop a “uranium” bomb even before the sneak attacked on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, killing some 2000 Americans and starting war with America. They had top scientists working on their atomic bomb, including a future Nobel-prize winner, Hideki Yukawa. Over the course of the war they spent millions on the program, hunting uranium, building crucial separators, designing a workable bomb, and elevating their program to a top priority at the end of the war as they frantically sought “miracle” weapons with which to turn the tide going against them.  Had America not used its atomic bombs and instead invaded the Japanese mainland, the Japanese were planning to use atomic weapons on the invasion fleet, which certainly would have been devastating. Kamikazis had been bad enough. Imagine if they had been armed with nuclear weapons.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/05/the_japanese_were_trying_to_make_an_atomic_bomb_too.html

----

I have read this before, and also the speculation that not one of the reasons we wanted to stop the war ASAP was because the Japs were close to a bomb of their own, and we were trying to shut that down as well as keep the Soviets away from the research, while sending the message that we'd beat everyone to the punch.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Re: The Japanese were trying to make an atomic bomb, too
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 03:59:03 pm »
Didn't some of the Nazis at the very end of the European war consider sailing to Japan and buying refuge with nuclear secrets and tech?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »
We had every reason to expect Japanese to attack our mainland, because they tried over and over.

Our ports were blocked by nets, against sub
marines.

--California, Elwood oil field
--Oregon coast
--9300 fire baloons

They killed civilians in China, Philippines, Okinawa, etc.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=japan+wwii+california+oregon+coast&oq=japan+wwii+california+oregon+coast&gs_l=hp.3...569696.580610.0.581160.36.36.0.0.0.0.384.4155.18j16j1j1.36.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..0.26.3010.0..0j35i39j0i131j0i3j0i20j0i131i46j46i131j0i22i30j33i21.BXoDOUwbnm4

The greatest loss of life in the biggest battle of WWII, Okinawa, was kamikazes striking our ships

Don't worry because we probably wouldn't try that hard to win another major war.  Way to bloody and plus it hurts our feelings to be so aggressive.

Can you believe in the last war that we won, WWII, we called the enemy names? That is correct. We called them "Japs and Gerries."

The democrats plus many Republicans would scold and wag fingers. We would take them in as refugees, give them preferences, give them subsidized housing and welfare, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 04:57:46 am »
They killed civilians in China, Philippines, Okinawa, etc.

slaughtered and enslaved them in huge numbers.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 07:57:18 am »
My biology teacher was a POW in the Far East, captured during the fall of Singapore. Nice guy, missing an ear where they'd cut it off for something or other. Every so often, we'd show up to class and the lesson would be written on the board and the door to the store room shut. We'd just get on with it then - quietly. Sometimes he'd come out mid lesson. Sometimes he wouldn't.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 07:58:07 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink