Author Topic: Trump to speak at Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally in D.C.  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Trump to speak at Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally in D.C.
By Theodore Schleifer CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Donald Trump will spend part of Memorial Day weekend saluting the nation's veterans at the Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally.

Trump is set to speak at the event in Washington, D.C., on Sunday afternoon, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks said. The annual event, which has been held for nearly 30 years, is a tribute to prisoners of war and Americans missing in action.

Trump frequently touts his connections to and advocacy for retired service members, but he seemed to disparage some prisoners of war when he suggested last year that Sen. John McCain, a storied POW from the Vietnam War, was not a hero. And his ties to veterans is under new scrutiny this week after delays surfaced in charity payments that he promised to veterans' groups.

"I am doing it in honor of the great bikers who have been totally supportive of my campaign and now I want to be supportive of them," Trump said in a statement. "I look forward to it!"

The weekend will also feature dedication ceremonies, according to the event's website.

Trump last visited Washington earlier this month, when he had closely observed meetings with Republican leadership on Capitol Hill.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/32078350/trump-to-speak-at-rolling-thunder-motorcycle-rally-in-dc

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump to Speak at Annual Motorcycle Rally in DC
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:25:02 pm »
Trump to Speak at Annual Motorcycle Rally in DC
Smita Nordwall

FILE - Participants in the annual Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally ride past Arlington Memorial Bridge during the parade ahead of Memorial Day in Washington, May 24, 2015.

As one of the world's largest motorcycle rallies rolls into the American capital this weekend, one person will be hoping the rumble of hundreds of thousands of bikes will draw even more attention to his presidential run.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will be in Washington on Sunday to lend his support for the annual Rolling Thunder motorcycle ride.

Trump is scheduled to speak at the event, according to Bloomberg Politics, which first reported on his plans.

"I am doing it in honor of the great bikers who have been totally supportive of my campaign, and now I want to be supportive of them," Trump said in a statement. "I look forward to it!"

Motorcycle enthusiasts have frequently attended Trump campaign rallies to show their support for the candidate they believe is different from career politicians whom they accuse of degrading the military and ignoring veterans.

more at:  http://www.voanews.com/content/trump-speak-annual-motorcycle-rally-washington/3349424.html

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Trump to Speak at Annual Motorcycle Rally in DC
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 01:38:52 pm »
That is a good move by Trump.  He is patiently gathering votes from Americans. 

Hardest working candidate I've seen in a long, long time!

GO TRUMP!   :smokin:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump to speak at Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally in D.C.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 03:48:23 pm »
Trump really loves our Vets.   :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 12:20:36 am »
@alicewonders        ^-^

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 12:38:48 am »
Maybe we will get lucky and Trump will insult one of the ladies.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 12:58:14 am »
I certainly hope that the Secret Service has this under control. Just speaking for myself, if I wished to do Trump harm (which I do not), I would be sending people to this event just in case an opportunity presented itself.

I wonder if Hillary will make it to the election because of her failing health, and because of her obvious and blatant numerous felonies.

I wonder if Trump will make it to the election because I am pretty sure someone or some group is going to try to kill him. And I hear that from people around me who hate Trump. It is common for me to hear a rabid anti-Trump Liberal reading the news in a Starbucks and suddenly jump up and say, "I'm not worried. Someone will kill him! Someone has to!" This is how many on the Left think, and dare I say...hope?

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!