Author Topic: Trump camp concedes it's low on money  (Read 2914 times)

Offline markomalley

Trump camp concedes it's low on money
« on: May 28, 2016, 11:42:47 am »
From the Washington Examiner:

Donald Trump's campaign has alerted Senate Republicans that he won't have much money to spend fending off attacks from Hillary Clinton over the next couple months.

The notice came when Paul Manafort, Trump's senior advisor, met with a group of Senate Republican chiefs of staff for lunch last week, sources familiar with the meeting told the Washington Examiner. The admission suggests that Trump will be far more dependent on the GOP brass for money than he has led voters to believe, but it's consistent with his reliance on the Republican National Committee to provide a ground game in battleground states.

"They know that they're not going to have enough money to be on TV in June and probably most of July, until they actually accept the nomination and get RNC funds, so they plan to just use earned media to compete on the airwaves," one GOP source familiar with Manafort's comments told the Examiner.

(remainder snipped)

Oops!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Trump camp concedes it's low on money
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:51:36 am »
From the Washington Examiner:

Oops!

This man has burned more bridges than Sherman. Now he has to go to the big money guys with his hat in his hand. They will demand concessions and expect favors.

Tell me again. Who isn't going to be owned???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:42:12 pm »
This man has burned more bridges than Sherman. Now he has to go to the big money guys with his hat in his hand. They will demand concessions and expect favors.

Tell me again. Who isn't going to be owned???

What makes you think some of the donors are going to give some $$$ to Donald after he complained about them..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 01:01:39 pm »

What makes you think some of the donors are going to give some $$$ to Donald after he complained about them..

Well, there is that too...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 01:04:44 pm »

Hell, if I had the money that some of these Donors had, I would never give to Donald...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:09:58 pm »
The big donors will donate.  They are the lemmings,  and many are of low moral character.  They will buy stumpy and own him, lock, stock, and barrel.   The only holdouts will be a few of us grassroots conservatives.

If necessary, I will stand alone.

#Nevertrump, #Neverhitlery.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:11:21 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:21:06 pm »
The big donors will donate.  They are the lemmings,  and many are of low moral character.  They will buy stumpy and own him, lock, stock, and barrel.   The only holdouts will be a few of us grassroots conservatives.

If necessary, I will stand alone.

#Nevertrump, #Neverhitlery.

The big donors get the headlines, but the smaller "big" donors are where the real money is. After all, you can find dozens of people who donate in the 100 - 300k range for every one that cuts a check for a million. What makes you think that those people are going to trust Trump to come through with the usual quid pro quo they get for donating? I'm betting a lot of them are sitting on their wallets.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 01:23:54 pm »
Reading 101 fail.

Trump camp conceding nothing of the sort. Another person unconnected stated their opinion. For all anyone knows Trump is being frugal and not spending his own when its there for him to use as the nominee. Real world is he could sell off one of his properties and have more then the Dems. So please use your heads and note who said what.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 01:27:05 pm »

Oh it's been explained very clearly, right here on this forum.  You see Trump is a charismatic leader who can get his connections to contribute to him even though they normally wouldn't support the Republican party.  They'll all come around to "Mr. Trump" hat-in-hand to get a seat at the table and whatever crumbs Trump might allow to fall their way, because otherwise they might go bankrupt during a Trump administration.

You see Trump is "driving the train", and he's "the boss".  Everyone knows he'll punish anyone who doesn't get in line, so they'll be showing up any minute now to throw in their money so they can ride "the Trump Train".  And Trump won't be corrupted by any of this like Cruz and the other nasty liars because he's already worth $10 billion.  No one can own Trump, no sirree, in fact he owns the donors.

Trump is immune to the puny constraints of ethics, thermodynamics, and economics, which imprison mere mortals as surely as Alcatraz imprisoned the Bird Man.  Why, Trump can pass right through those walls and in fact use them as his own source of strength.  That's how he effortlessly manipulates the media and the pitiful neverTrump losers with his stealth jedi jiu-jitsu.

It's all been explained, right here.
James 1:20

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »
So much for being self funded and not owned.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 02:21:47 pm »
The big donors get the headlines, but the smaller "big" donors are where the real money is. After all, you can find dozens of people who donate in the 100 - 300k range for every one that cuts a check for a million. What makes you think that those people are going to trust Trump to come through with the usual quid pro quo they get for donating? I'm betting a lot of them are sitting on their wallets.

I hope you're right.
Former Republican.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 02:29:06 pm »
Reading 101 fail.

Trump camp conceding nothing of the sort. Another person unconnected stated their opinion. For all anyone knows Trump is being frugal and not spending his own when its there for him to use as the nominee. Real world is he could sell off one of his properties and have more then the Dems. So please use your heads and note who said what.

Extremely doubtful he could just sell off one of "his" properties because most of them, other than personal residences, belong to other people, namely, the investors in the LP that actually holds the building.  Further, most of those buildings will be highly leveraged, so the net realizable equity is not going to be that big.  That's how real estate deals get done.  Trump almost certainly gets most of his money from those by skimming off the vigorish in terms of management fees and a small carried interest. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 02:34:42 pm »
Extremely doubtful he could just sell off one of "his" properties because most of them, other than personal residences, belong to other people, namely, the investors in the LP that actually holds the building.  Further, most of those buildings will be highly leveraged, so the net realizable equity is not going to be that big.  That's how real estate deals get done.  Trump almost certainly gets most of his money from those by skimming off the vigorish in terms of management fees and a small carried interest.
I remind you of the news of his Business income Surging since he ran for office. Hes not hurting - Hes not spending his own when others are willing and able to do it for him. Many wealthy people are frugal... And I do not know which ones are free and clear and which ones are leveraged. I would imagine out of hundreds some are free and clear by now.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »
I remind you of the news of his Business income Surging since he ran for office. Hes not hurting - Hes not spending his own when others are willing and able to do it for him. Many wealthy people are frugal... And I do not know which ones are free and clear and which ones are leveraged. I would imagine out of hundreds some are free and clear by now.

Trump is a businessman, right? Why on Earth would he leave money laying around - as he would if his buildings were free and clear. He's frugal, sure - and that is no bad thing - but he's one to make money work like a beaten mule. If his own apartment isn't collateral for some loan or other, I'd be shocked.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 03:47:19 pm »
Trump is a businessman, right? Why on Earth would he leave money laying around - as he would if his buildings were free and clear. He's frugal, sure - and that is no bad thing - but he's one to make money work like a beaten mule. If his own apartment isn't collateral for some loan or other, I'd be shocked.

It really depends how much of his assets are actually owned by the business. He can't just go and sell a building that is owned by Trump International- that would be up the board of directors and possibly the shareholders depending on how the ownership is structured. It would also most likely have to be cleared by banks who have notes on his properties or if he used properties as collateral against other projects - then of course, what is the delta?  (ie, what is cleared after liabilities)? I wouldn't be surprised if personal homes or apartments are put in his business name (not necessarily a bad decision, probably smart on his end), but that means he just can't liquidate them for his own personal gain.

Then would be the really funny thing- who could just out and out buy a building. It would be hilarious if he did try to do this and the Saudis or Chinese bought the building.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:49:36 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 05:12:09 pm »
He was able to use 55 million liquid without much of a strain for the Primary so far. According to the report of his corporate earnings hes cash flush from earnings at this time. That indicates low cost of ops and good profit margins. Based on this last report and his track record of spending about 10 percent of what it normally costs to win, it appears he could fund his general race with available cash and supporters donations. However, why do so when the RNC is obligated to fund him? Further Ops with those kind of numbers are nice plums others would want so he would have no problem selling one with the Name and goodwill on top for a lot of money.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 05:42:09 pm »
He was able to use 55 million liquid without much of a strain for the Primary so far. According to the report of his corporate earnings hes cash flush from earnings at this time. That indicates low cost of ops and good profit margins. Based on this last report and his track record of spending about 10 percent of what it normally costs to win, it appears he could fund his general race with available cash and supporters donations. However, why do so when the RNC is obligated to fund him? Further Ops with those kind of numbers are nice plums others would want so he would have no problem selling one with the Name and goodwill on top for a lot of money.

Fair enough. Though I'm thinking much of his easy "spare" liquidity has been used up, he does have a history, in this case one of heavy leveraging. Not my place to judge that, I've just looked at our bank balance!  :tongue2:

He could sell a building, or his share in some, sure. That takes time though, unless he's willing to accept a hit on the value. When you know the seller needs money, it becomes a buyers market.  :shrug:

He'll do as he whists though - that's one thing we can bank on.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 05:53:50 pm »
Trump will depend on the GOP for all campaign infrastructure too.

The RNC also has a money problem.

hahahahahahaahhahahahaha

geronl

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 05:55:38 pm »
When Donald Trump told Republicans that his campaign had money, it was a lie. In meeting with Senate Republicans, Trump's campaign privately admitted that they have no money and will not be able to run television ads until after the GOP convention in July.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/05/28/republicans-stunned-trump-reveals-presidential-campaign-broke.html

excerpt
Donald Trump’s campaign has alerted Senate Republicans that he won’t have much money to spend fending off attacks from Hillary Clinton over the next couple months.

The notice came when Paul Manafort, Trump’s senior advisor, met with a group of Senate Republican chiefs of staff for lunch last week, sources familiar with the meeting told the Washington Examiner. The admission suggests that Trump will be far more dependent on the GOP brass for money than he has led voters to believe, but it’s consistent with his reliance on the Republican National Committee to provide a ground game in battleground states.

“They know that they’re not going to have enough money to be on TV in June and probably most of July, until they actually accept the nomination and get RNC funds, so they plan to just use earned media to compete on the airwaves,” one GOP source familiar with Manafort’s comments told the Examiner.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 05:58:43 pm »
Trump will depend on the GOP for all campaign infrastructure too.

The RNC also has a money problem.

hahahahahahaahhahahahaha
Trump is raising money for the RNC and down ticket, still has his plane and will still be doing rallies with lots of free media. Every-time he needs more free media he will say something outrageous at first that on reflection was not so bad ...

:happyhappy: :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :finger:

geronl

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »
He was able to use 55 million liquid without much of a strain for the Primary so far. According to the report of his corporate earnings hes cash flush from earnings at this time. That indicates low cost of ops and good profit margins.

A traveling circus with friendly media, leaving no campaign infrastructure behind. That might sound cost-effective but it is not a winning strategy after the primaries are over when the media will be extremely hostile. Also note that a lot of Republicans are now former Republicans and conservatives have long decided not to send money to the RNC, to give it to candidates they like instead.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:14 pm »
Trump is raising money for the RNC and down ticket, still has his plane and will still be doing rallies with lots of free media. Every-time he needs more free media he will say something outrageous at first that on reflection was not so bad ...

:happyhappy: :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :finger:

Trump raised $6 million last night. Only $496 million left to go to get to where Romney was at this time in the process.

Trump's risk is that the RNC is running the show, money-wise.  If Priebus decides, when Trump is down 8 or 10 points, to focus on saving the House and Senate, guess who gets the money?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »

Unfortunately, the free media ride is coming to an end. Once he is the nominee, equal time rules apply - and are enforced to the second. Both sides see to that. Keeping the other side honest, I think they call it.  :laugh:

geronl

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »

Trump has done nothing for down-ticket Republicans, his presence has helped the liberal Republicans smash conservative challengers even in New York state.

geronl

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »
Trump will not spend a dime of his own money, of course.