Author Topic: Carson: Trump starting to believe in ‘greater power’  (Read 611 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carson: Trump starting to believe in ‘greater power’
« on: May 28, 2016, 01:01:42 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281571-carson-trump-starting-to-believe-in-greater-power

May 27, 2016, 05:37 pm
Carson: Trump starting to believe in ‘greater power’

By Jonathan Swan

Ben Carson said he thinks Donald Trump is starting to believe in "a greater power" and is praying more often.

Trump's former presidential rival, a key surrogate and possible vice presidential pick, told The Hill on Friday that he believes Trump is becoming more spiritual.

“I know that he has prayed. I have eyewitness,” Carson said in a Facebook Live interview.

Asked whether he had personally seen Trump pray, the retired neurosurgeon, who is a man of deep Christian faith, conceded he had only heard about Trump praying.

“I have not seen him [pray] but I have eyewitnesses who have,” Carson said. “And I think he's starting to move more in that direction. I think that's a good thing.

“I think he's starting to recognize that there's a greater power. And I tell him, just last week, that I believe God is using him.”

In a wide-ranging Facebook Live interview with The Hill, Carson talked about what it was like to forgive Trump after the presumptive Republican nominee brutally attacked his character during the GOP primary contests.

Carson says Trump — who said last year he had never sought forgiveness from God — had never asked for Carson's forgiveness for the personal attacks but had acknowledged them in his own way.

Asked if Trump had ever apologized for comparing him to a pedophile and slurring him in other ways, Carson replied, “In his own way he did.”

During the heat of their primary contest late last year, when Carson briefly led the national polls, Trump claimed that Carson had a pathological temper that was incurable, like being a child molester.

“We were talking and he was just explaining why he said those things,” Carson said.

“And [Trump] said, ‘You know, even though you didn't hit me I had to find a way to somehow beat you back because this wasn't working the way it was supposed to work.’”

Carson said he told Trump that what he had done “is what politicians do.”

“That's what they do,” Carson said, referring to Trump's destruction of his character.

“They are almost like someone who's drowning; they're grasping for straws, for anything that you can get to find a way to stay on top.”

Carson said he doesn't regret his decision not to play hardball against Trump.

“I would never give up my values and principles for political office.”

Asked about the vice presidential rumors and his role in a future Trump administration, Carson said he thought he could accomplish more good as an outside adviser to Trump — a role that he's currently inhabiting.

Carson, who has offered Trump advice on his vice presidential selections, says the only way he'd agree to take a a big job in a Trump administration, such as a Cabinet post, is if Trump effectively told him he was desperate.

“The only way I'd do that is if there was no other person who seemed to really fit, and Donald Trump and others thought I was really the only person who could make that work.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Carson: Trump starting to believe in ‘greater power’
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:07:47 am »
Trump really needs to keep Carson away from the press :thud:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:51 am »
Every single thing about Trump is a lie.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 01:20:41 am »
I used to like Carson, but I think is drinking too much orange tea.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 01:25:26 am »
A real, bonafide Christian, with two Corinthians and everything... Starting to believe in a higher power

**nononono*

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:30:54 am »
Yeah...and so the obvious problem here is, he has already claimed to be a Christian.  So???  Isn't Carson admitting that was a hoax?

He went way beyond claiming to be a Christian. He said, "Nobody Reads the Bible More Than Me".   I would lay bet that a  large subset of atheists read the Bible more than Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:46:39 am »
The Christianity thing he told us before, it was just a suggestion; just a hypothetical, "perfect" candidate that Trump could be.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 01:48:39 am »
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
... (on to 12)

In the 12 steps of AA, the definition of a 'greater power' is something(anything) that you believe in that can give you support and comfort in a crisis. Family, career, wealth, reputation, Buddha, Jesus, God, cosmic conscientiousness, etc. all qualify.

The term 'greater power' does not mean in anyway that a person is Christian, Jewish, or anything else. It almost means, to me that is, a type of agnosticism. "Yes, there is something out there, but I do not know what it is." That is to say, "I am 'spiritual' but not religious. It is that kind of thing. This is OK by me btw. Every person comes to God in their own unique and personal way, IMO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 01:50:55 am »
Trump thinks he is the highest power.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 01:52:34 am »
A Calvinist who believed  that the individual had to do nothing himself to be saved not even asking for forgiveness (an act) has had several encounters with persuasive believers of the Evangelical faith. This is a good thing. Real Christans should pray for him on this.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 01:55:48 am »

The term 'greater power' does not mean in anyway that a person is Christian, Jewish, or anything else. It almost means, to me that is, a type of agnosticism. "Yes, there is something out there, but I do not know what it is." That is to say, "I am 'spiritual' but not religious. It is that kind of thing. This is OK by me btw. Every person comes to God in their own unique and personal way, IMO.

I'm good with this. What I'm not good with is Trump has already claimed he was a Christian, Presbyterian, went to church, read the Bible, collected Bibles, blah blah blah. And here is someone telling us that Trump is coming to believe in a higher power. He prays, "I have eyewitness".  This makes it seem like Carson has personally seen him, until pressed a little further and then admits he was told that someone else has seen him pray.  So we've been lied to (again) by Trump and Carson tried to pull a fast one over on us or tried to mislead us to believe he saw Trump praying.  Or the article is written in such a way to make us believe that.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 02:12:53 am »
I'm good with this. What I'm not good with is Trump has already claimed he was a Christian, Presbyterian, went to church, read the Bible, collected Bibles, blah blah blah. And here is someone telling us that Trump is coming to believe in a higher power. He prays, "I have eyewitness".  This makes it seem like Carson has personally seen him, until pressed a little further and then admits he was told that someone else has seen him pray.  So we've been lied to (again) by Trump and Carson tried to pull a fast one over on us or tried to mislead us to believe he saw Trump praying.  Or the article is written in such a way to make us believe that.

All true. But no one will ever top Obama in pulling off the ultimate and most blatant political religious scam that I know of. With the most obvious Islamic Muslim name ever, and with a documented Islamic background, and with all of his extended family being either declared Communists or declared Muslims, he still managed to convince a bunch of sycophantic dupes that he is "really" a Christian.

Becoming religious, in particular becoming a religious Christian, is something that all politicians do and have done for millennium, in every political party. Look at Hillary touting her 'Christian roots'. Even the Satanic Highest Priestess of her own coven of witches Nancy Pelosi, genuflects and begs for communion when she feels that it will benefit her in some political way.

I am not sure about Trump's religion, but I don't think or care about it much either. I never thought or worried about any of the other President's religions (or not religion), so I don't think I will start now.

Trump is what he is. At the least we can be sure that Trump will not be anti-Christian and anti-Jewish as our current President has proven himself to be dozens of times over.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 03:37:59 am »

“And [Trump] said, ‘You know, even though you didn't hit me I had to find a way to somehow beat you back because this wasn't working the way it was supposed to work.’”

Carson said he told Trump that what he had done “is what politicians do.”

Just another example of why Trump cannot be POTUS.  Who would seriously support someone with this mentality? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 03:43:58 am »
He went way beyond claiming to be a Christian. He said, "Nobody Reads the Bible More Than Me".   I would lay bet that a  large subset of atheists read the Bible more than Trump.

Let's not forget that the Orange Jello Head also stated he doesn't make mistakes so why should he ask for forgiveness?  As for Carson ...I do believe he just may have a propensity to lie.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 05:02:38 am »
Exactly. 

And "wasn't working the way it was suppose to work" means "You were catching up with me in the polls."

Leading to Trump reasoning that its OK to make up a pedophile story about Carson.  Imagine all the times a President of the United States would be opposed.  When his ratings are low who will be the target?  When he visits another country and they don't fall in line with what he wants.  What story will he make up?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 05:14:09 am »

Just another example of why Trump cannot be POTUS.  Who would seriously support someone with this mentality?

Are you supporting Hillary or Bernie?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 05:27:42 am »
As for Carson ...I do believe he just may have a propensity to lie.

Whatever gives you that idea?

Other than his tendency to get caught in lies...
 ^-^
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 05:55:09 am »

Not supporting any lame candidate.  It reminds me of preschool.  Its the who's who of infant mentality. Trump:   If you say bad things about me I will make up a story about you and all the kids will hate you.  Hillary:  I didn't do that!  You can't prove it and nobody will believe you.  If I give everyone a valentine they will not care about your story.    And Bernie is the Communists kid.  Bernie:  I like the little bird.  We are all little birds and they need to provide for us.  Not a care in the world.  Dee, dee de do da.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 11:20:18 am »

A very typical Trumpster response.  Why can't you people understand that just because we've concluded we can't hold our noses tight enough to vote for Trump it doesn't mean we're voting for Bernie or Hillary.  Turn it around.  If Trump hadn't won then would you be voting for Bernie over Cruz?  Hillary over Kasich?