Author Topic: McConnell: Trump White House will have ‘constraints’  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell: Trump White House will have ‘constraints’
« on: May 27, 2016, 09:13:07 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281537-mcconnell-trump-white-house-will-have-constraints

May 27, 2016, 02:07 pm
McConnell: Trump White House will have ‘constraints’

By Mark Hensch

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says that Donald Trump’s Oval Office would have safeguards against risky behavior.

“Well, one thing I’m pretty calm about is that this is nowhere near the most divisive period in American history,” he said in a preview of an upcoming CBS interview. "But what protects us in this country against big mistakes being made is the structure, the Constitution, the institutions.

“No matter how unusual a personality may be who gets elected to office, there are constraints in this country. You don’t get to do anything you want to.”

McConnell also disputed critics who say Trump’s blunt rhetoric is dividing voters into camps warring against each other.

“I’m very optimistic about America,” he said. "I’m not depressed about the nature of the debate.”

McConnell added that he believes Trump can win this November and that he plans on supporting the billionaire.

Trump on Thursday secured the necessary number of delegates to become the GOP’s presidential nominee. Multiple news organizations put the mogul at 1,238 delegates, one past the threshold necessary for becoming the Republican standard-bearer.

Trump launched his outsider campaign on June 16 last year, vexing political pundits with his tough talk and unpredictable stances.

He ultimately knocked off 16 rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, but internal strife over his candidacy still plagues the party.

Trump on late Thursday posted a video taunting doubters who predicted that he would not attain the GOP’s biggest honor.

The clip includes footage of former rivals like Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) naysaying the businessman’s odds.

Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, on Thursday said that she is prepared for a messy general election battle with Trump.

“Look, I’m ready for his fantasy campaign and the outrageous things he’s going to say,” she told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

“Well, Wolf, look, I know Donald Trump says outrageous things all the time, but today he officially clinched the Republican nomination, so this is now as real as it gets,” the Democratic presidential front-runner added.

“This man, who is an unqualified loose cannon, is within reach of the most important job in the world, so it should concern every American."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: McConnell: Trump White House will have ‘constraints’
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 09:18:19 pm »
So McConnell is admitting that he'd have to put a dog collar on a President Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:21:19 pm »
Yep, he will be as constrained as they constrained Obama...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 09:26:28 pm »
Yep, he will be as constrained as they constrained Obama...

Finally I can agree with you on something.  They couldn't constrain Obama, why should anyone believe they'd constrain Trump?
James 1:20