Author Topic: Memorial Day Tribute | Mansions of the Lord | Hillsdale College  (Read 12846 times)

Offline WAC

Re: Memorial Day Tribute | Mansions of the Lord | Hillsdale College
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2016, 09:23:11 pm »

.....for those who will never feel their homeland  beneath their feet again. .....We honor your service for our freedom....

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 11:05:34 pm »
Dover AFB to honor fallen ... Dignified Transfer: United States Marine Corps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVb0egBpLH0

8888crybaby
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline WAC

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 12:14:27 am »

This is so rich...and full of unspoken meaning....this is the real "Pause" every American should take and watch...

What Gentle Giants of Men these fellow Soldiers are  to those fallen...to the very end......stunning gentleness and respect ... I was

more than moved as well...thank you for posting this.....

Offline WAC

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 12:40:51 am »

...To the Thousands of Brave and Honorable Soldiers of the Vietnam War.....may you all have peace of heart, mind and soul.....

Offline WAC

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 12:48:08 am »

8888crybaby

Did you notice the second group of soldiers, though they all walked softly, when it came time to reach for the casket they REALLY

stretched as if taking their fellow soldier from those who had first taken care of them?

The quiet and careful theatrics in your video is stunning......

Offline WAC

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2016, 01:28:52 am »

....IN HONOR AND RESPECT TO THE WAR MEDICS WHO RUSH TO SAVE LIFE AND OFTEN LOST THEIR OWN IN DOING SO.....

June 1967. Medic James Callahan tries desperately to save a badly injured soldier during a battle north of Saigon.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1f/99/0f/1f990f4ace8950deb1db51f6404a3b62.jpg

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2016, 05:54:25 am »

Did you notice the second group of soldiers, though they all walked softly, when it came time to reach for the casket they REALLY

stretched as if taking their fellow soldier from those who had first taken care of them?

The quiet and careful theatrics in your video is stunning......

That second group were Marines, honoring a fellow Marine, on his way home.   
Semper Fi, Marines

Bravo-Zulu, from the Navy.   :patriot:

I'm not sure why, but this has been a more difficult Memorial day that most.   I'll leave it at that.  No words work, really, when speaking of young hero's. There have been too many.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2016, 12:36:59 pm »
Semper Fi, Marines

I'm not sure why, but this has been a more difficult Memorial day that most.   I'll leave it at that.  No words work, really, when speaking of young hero's. There have been too many.

Memorial day is the most difficult day of the year for me and seems to get worse as I get older.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
Memorial day is the most difficult day of the year for me and seems to get worse as I get older.

Same here.

I think when we're young we don't appreciate the loss as much as we do when we're older and realize how much life and experiences we were able to have that our friends didn't...and then wonder how we got so lucky.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2016, 01:55:51 pm »
Thank you all, especially WAC, for making this a beautiful thread dedicated to our fallen heroes...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WAC

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 03:36:38 pm »
Thank you all, especially WAC, for making this a beautiful thread dedicated to our fallen heroes...

Sincerely a pleasure.....mystery-ak....a great and humbling  privilege indeed to honor our troops and it's never enough... really.

My favorite was actually the video another poster posted here of the profound transitioning of the fallen by the military. .....the pause of heart and mind and soul that video touches has no words to describe.  I have seen and witnessed others but that, done in the darkness of the night and soooo private (made public) left me in awe...it will not be forgotten.

Offline WAC

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »
Semper Fi, Marines

Yes I agree for some reason this Memorial Day was heavy hearted for me as well..... ...especially since I reviewed many of the war videos and photos of these wars in action. They truly are our hero's and define what one is.

Offline WAC

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2016, 04:11:44 pm »
This is my grandpa (on the right).  Not sure which country this was, but he was in France, Belgium and surrounding areas and fought in the Ardennes.  He was forward artillery.  The writing on the back of this picture says "The flag *was* on this house."

Oh wow....that's like touching history right there, especially since he was your direct relative....you can be soo proud of course.

I enjoy looking at war photographs, even the ones of the fighting and deaths for this is the only way I can touch the real meaning

of war as I have never been in one... we can surely thank our soldiers for that!