Author Topic: Trump demands share of profits in exchange for Keystone approval  (Read 21119 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump demands share of profits in exchange for Keystone approval
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2016, 02:52:24 am »
Having that ability would appear to be a mute point when faced with falling production and fewer new wells to be drilled, hence no need for pipeline it seems.
With pressure building against rail transport, pipeline capacity would be a welcome alternative. Keep in mind that pipeline transport would save roughly four dollars a  barrel on average, too.

There are a lot of DUC (Drilled but UnCompleted) wells in the mix, too, which could be put on line with a frac and some plumbing, as these are commonly additional wells on the same lease with an already producing well which holds the lease by production.

When economic factors are more favorable, those wells would be brought on line and having the takeaway capacity would facilitate that.

For now, more recently completed wells (last two years) are going through their initial depletion phase post frac, which is a steep decline curve. There are some newer wells, but those drilled two years ago are reaching the point in their production history where the decline tends to level off significantly compared to the first two years, and that coincides with the time oil prices really started to drop. While that decline will continue, the steepest part of that curve for existing wells will be over the next couple of years. Beyond that, the decline curve slope should flatten somewhat. That is provided that nothing happens to cause operators to complete the DUC backlog or the regulations the EPA is pushing don't shut down older stripper well production, which would put another steep drop in the curve.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2016, 02:55:52 am »
Look we know nothing will satisfy a hater. The plan is to deport em, end the anchor baby and make them come back in Legally thru INS. You see he used the term MAY with expedite for the Good ones to return. That leaves a ton of negotiation room. What is expedite and what is good. There is nothing anybody can say that will take away the Pain of Cruz losing so badly. Nor of you getting Zapped at TOS,  So not even going to try. And that is the Only reason you are trying this game of yours. I'm not Jim Rob, so focus your anger away.

Well that's a big ol' pocket-full-o-nothing explanation.  There are tons of details on his immigration reform page:

*Jobs program for inner city youth. The J-1 visa jobs program for foreign youth will be terminated and replaced with a resume bank for inner city youth provided to all corporate subscribers to the J-1 visa program.

*Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement. In the year 2015, with 92 million Americans outside the workforce and incomes collapsing, we need companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS.

*Cooperate with local gang task forces. ICE officers should accompany local police departments conducting raids of violent street gangs like MS-13 and the 18th street gang, which have terrorized the country. All illegal aliens in gangs should be apprehended and deported.

*Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.

*Detention—not catch-and-release. Illegal aliens apprehended crossing the border must be detained until they are sent home, no more catch-and-release.

*Mandatory return of all criminal aliens.

And the list goes on and on.  And not one single word about the "non-criminal" aliens.  I do note that parsing of words criminal aliens vs illegal aliens.  Not ONE word about what he's going to do with people here illegally but not "criminals".  You know what that means to me?  He's not going to do anything with them. 

You think you can push my buttons about being removed from FR?  LOL.  Yeah, you can keep trying and see if it works.  Like I said on the other thread, I've got your number.  I know what you are.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2016, 03:04:03 am »
To get @Mechanicos to hush about immigration, all you have to do is ask him where we can find Trump's written plan on export/import of illegals.

The most economical thing to do, assuming the pipeline is definitely going to get built, would be for the gov't to take the land via eminent domain, essentially sell it to Canada (so there's no net cost to the US for eminent domain payout) with a right of way agreement that includes construction and maintenance rights to Canada within the right of way. 

However, I can find no justification in that process because the US gov't would be using eminent domain for a non-gov't public use project.

Soooo, TransCanada has to come up with a plan, acquire the land via private sale from current land owners, get their project permitted and pay the normal excise tax per barrel of oil imported.  That would be the way WE get the cheapest oil and they make the max profit.
Ideally, TransCanada would find a way to negotiate right of way agreements with landowners without any need for any heavy handed legal action. There definitely are restrictions on property where utility lines exist, and that includes a setback from the line where there can be no permanent structures, and trees are not allowed in order to leave access to the line open in the event of a problem, but also because tree roots can damage the line.

If you are purchasing property, it pays to do your due diligence and make sure there are no pipelines you can't live with or other easements or rights of way. Not doing so is going in with your eyes closed.

Eminent domain is used to obtain rights of way in some instances, the fewer the better.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2016, 03:15:57 am »
Ideally, TransCanada would find a way to negotiate right of way agreements with landowners without any need for any heavy handed legal action. There definitely are restrictions on property where utility lines exist, and that includes a setback from the line where there can be no permanent structures, and trees are not allowed in order to leave access to the line open in the event of a problem, but also because tree roots can damage the line.

If you are purchasing property, it pays to do your due diligence and make sure there are no pipelines you can't live with or other easements or rights of way. Not doing so is going in with your eyes closed.

Eminent domain is used to obtain rights of way in some instances, the fewer the better.

Agreed.  All of the talk of eminent domain and royalties gave me the idea that we were looking at a broad brush stroke of thousands of miles of eminent domain through the US.  I wanted some clarification on that.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2016, 05:47:29 pm »
Agreed.  All of the talk of eminent domain and royalties gave me the idea that we were looking at a broad brush stroke of thousands of miles of eminent domain through the US.  I wanted some clarification on that.
Because it is a private company trying to put in the line, and not a government project like a highway, eminent domain is trickier, and it is cheaper to avoid it, if possible. Offers are usually generous, and the carrot is good enough.

For landowners, though, do your due diligence, research the law, and note that in some states there are landowner organizations or advocates who will work with you to help you get a better deal from the pipeline company and help you safeguard your rights as a landowner. The relationship need not be adversarial, and can be of mutual benefit. Note, too, that because of setback rules for structures, the routes often cross agricultural land (larger landholdings, too which means fewer people to negotiate with).

Commonly crops can be planted and harvested right over the pipeline, and rights of way configured to minimize disruption of agricultural activities. (That does not include orchards or tree farms). There are thousands of acres of North Dakota underlain by smaller diameter feeder and other pipelines, especially in the Beaver Lodge Field (since the 1950s) which are actively farmed or ranched.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2016, 01:15:59 am »
I suggest you take a Civics 101 course.

Good grief, if there is anyone who needs to take a civics course, it is Donald Trump.  Anyone wanting Mitch McConnell to be Speaker of the Senate is not fit to lead the Executive Branch.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2016, 01:23:29 am »

Good grief, if there is anyone who needs to take a civics course, it is Donald Trump.  Anyone wanting Mitch McConnell to be Speaker of the Senate is not fit to lead the Executive Branch.

Mitch McConnell is Majority Leader of the Senate @Hoodat.  The Vice President is President of the Senate.  There is only one Speaker, and he/she is in the House of Representatives, second in the line to the WH.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:24:31 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2016, 01:25:21 am »
You see he used the term MAY with expedite for the Good ones to return.

No, he doesn't.  Stop lying.

at the 2:35 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_WfE07cWw
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2016, 01:26:38 am »
Mitch McConnell is Majority Leader of the Senate @Hoodat.  The Vice President is President of the Senate.  There is only one Speaker, and he/she is in the House of Representatives, second in the line to the WH.

Don't tell me, tell Donald Trump.  He's the one who doesn't know it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2016, 01:43:43 am »
No, he doesn't.  Stop lying.

at the 2:35 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_WfE07cWw

You cannot listen to what he says, you cannot read his campaign website (see the post above with bulleted items directly from Trump's website) and not know that he is full of crap.  We're going to quickly get rid of the ones that broke the law (umm...that's all of them), but no no, the REALLY bad ones, and they never get to come back and then the other ones we're going to "expedite".  They have to leave?  Why?  And then come back?  By what process are we going to make them leave?  By what process are we going to "expedite"?  It's BS.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2016, 01:45:32 am »
Don't tell me, tell Donald Trump.  He's the one who doesn't know it.

I'll get right on it!   :patriot:

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2016, 01:05:01 am »
I'm one of those people who won't vote for Trump, so your argument is that my not voting for Trump counts as a vote for Hillary, BUT... I'm not voting for Hillary either, which then means (by the logic of the whole "not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary" thing) that my not voting for Hillary is actually a vote for Trump.

There.

Feel better now?

I suspect amnesty will make you  feel better. Amiright?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2016, 01:08:31 am »
Trump supports amnesty.  But then you knew that already.

"I would get them back. I would get them back where they are, and I would try and work out a process where they can come in legally."

-Donald Trump, July 2015-

That's not anmesty. HILLARY is going for.pure unadulterated citizenship for illegals.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2016, 08:23:39 am »

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!