Author Topic: Donald Trump Doesn't Have a Ground Game. Does He Need it to Win?  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Donald Trump Doesn't Have a Ground Game. Does He Need it to Win?
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 10:22:01 pm »
@Hoodat  lose the Nazi references

@Mod1 - It wasn't a Nazi reference.  It was a big rally reference.  When someone points at rally size as an indication of future success, I am always going to challenge that premise.

If you have any other example of big rallies that I can use as a substitute, then by all means name them so that I can use them as an illustration instead.  Absent that, I am not about to discard my argument simply because the other side cannot defend against it. 

If the other side is going to continue using this asinine premise about rally size, then I am going to continue refuting it with obvious historical examples.  So why don't you tell them to lose their bogus rally size arguments first. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 10:25:40 pm »
FYI a Trump rally looks exactly like a Tea Party rally.

The TEA Party lost.  But thanks for proving the idiocy of the 'big rally' argument.  That whole bandwagon appeal schtick ain't working with me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:11 pm »
No.  Reagan was the American spirit and the American patriot.

Of course he was.  But Reagan ran in 1980 as a true blue American populist.

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 10:40:13 pm »
Populism is basically anti-elitism, so conservatism has definitely had populism as a part of it for a while (Ie. complaining about "liberal elites"). Can't recall ever hearing Reagan say anything specifically populist though.

"Let's Make America Great Again" ---

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 10:41:08 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 10:45:11 pm »
@Mod1 - It wasn't a Nazi reference.  It was a big rally reference.  When someone points at rally size as an indication of future success, I am always going to challenge that premise.

If you have any other example of big rallies that I can use as a substitute, then by all means name them so that I can use them as an illustration instead.  Absent that, I am not about to discard my argument simply because the other side cannot defend against it. 

If the other side is going to continue using this asinine premise about rally size, then I am going to continue refuting it with obvious historical examples.  So why don't you tell them to lose their bogus rally size arguments first.

Here's a Huey Long rally in Philadelphia:

That image is found on this site next to this article, which is written by an anti-semite, or the "alt-right" (massive Trump supporters) as they are known today:

https://starrynews.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/is-donald-trump-the-huey-long-of-2016-did-he-arouse-the-same-enemies/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:50:47 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2016, 10:47:04 pm »
Trump today: "We're doing great with women. I don't believe the polls." 

Says the guy who believes in polls.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 10:49:06 pm »
What the hell does this mean?

What it feels like in my head when I read this newest nonsense about Reagan being a populist.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2016, 10:52:52 pm »
"Let's Make America Great Again" ---

Reagan was never a populist.  He was a solid conservative Republican, open to immigration, free trader, and a principled man.

He in NO WAY is comparable to your coprophagic candidate.