Author Topic: ABC, CBS, Fox News Express Interest in Trump-Sanders Debate  (Read 3658 times)

Offline RedHead

Re: ABC, CBS, Fox News Express Interest in Trump-Sanders Debate
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 03:11:30 pm »
They said they'd host it.  Did they say they'd say they'd pay the $10 - $15 million for it?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 03:13:34 pm »
... Trump will have a direct pipeline to the Bernie supports whom he anticipates will support him in the general...

Sure they'll support Trump.  When comes to him and Bernie then where's the real difference?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 03:16:58 pm »
The Bernie supporters are going to be all fired up with no place to go after Hillary steals the Nomination with the Super-Delegates and many will want more vengeance against her and the democrat party than burning the democrat convention to the ground can provide. Trump will be positioned to be the beneficiary of that anger.

If that is true, then it would be the case without this debate.  Bernie has made it clear that he intends to focus on all the social-issue stuff where the divide between he and Trump is the biggest, and that he intends to attack Trump hard on those issues where Bernie's own supporters will disagree the most with Trump.  In short, this is exactly where Bernie is going to try to convince both his supporters and everyone else that Trump is the last person in the world they should support.  And Trump will be giving him the platform on which to do it.

Moreover,  I suspect that this debate will be about helping Bernie and hurting Hillary not about harming Trump as Bernie needs Trump to beat Hillary.

Have you actually seen what Bernie's been saying?  He's saying the complete opposite, and it makes perfect sense.  One of Bernie's big selling points is "I can beat Trump more easily than Hillary can".  If Bernie goes out and absolutely thrashes Trump, that would give his candidacy a huge boost.  Now, whether or not he actually can thrash Trump is a different question.  What I'm saying is that every incentive he has in the world is for him to try to do that, because that's what would play best with the Democratic base.  Joining Trump in attacking Hillary would play terribly with the Democratic base, and destroy whatever hopes he would have of getting the nomination.

It would not surprise me if the two do not come up with an agreed upon list of topics to discuss and avoid beforehand. 
Been hearing that about Trump this entire election. Not happened yet.

And I think that's a pipe dream, but hey, it's a good, sharp point of disagreement.  So if this kinds actually happens, we can come back here and see if they really cooperated, or not.  I think it'll be pretty apparent.

Offline Relic

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 03:17:21 pm »
Sure they'll support Trump.  When comes to him and Bernie then where's the real difference?

Exactly! That's why we need someone proven, and strong like HRC.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »
So the ONLY thing in women's health is Abortions...
Trump is very direct, he does not use code. He will tell you and not care if it offends you. So until we know specifically what "charities" dealing with women's health are involved its not logical to assume the For-Profit Planned parent-hood is even in the mix.

Based on his praise of Planned Parenthood in the past debate (March?), it is "also not logical to assume the For-Profit Planned parent-hood is" not"in the mix".

I hope it is not them, or any other abortion provider/ activist group.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:37:42 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 03:21:09 pm »
I just had a "come to Jesus" moment. People are allowed to change aren't they?
No offense intended, what else would you like me to change?

If you cared one iota about this site you would help grow it instead of mock it...I think there are other forums more to your liking on the internet.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 03:22:45 pm »
If you cared one iota about this site you would help grow it instead of mock it...I think there are other forums more to your liking on the internet.

This site is growing leaps and bounds. And it's an amazing mix of great posting, a variety that can't be found anywhere else.

I'm just trying to fit in.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 03:31:42 pm »
If that is true, then it would be the case without this debate.  Bernie has made it clear that he intends to focus on all the social-issue stuff where the divide between he and Trump is the biggest, and that he intends to attack Trump hard on those issues where Bernie's own supporters will disagree the most with Trump.  In short, this is exactly where Bernie is going to try to convince both his supporters and everyone else that Trump is the last person in the world they should support.  And Trump will be giving him the platform on which to do it.

Liberals are lo-info. That means their information supply is controlled to filter out competing information. This Debate bypasses the Democrat's information filters.

Have you actually seen what Bernie's been saying?  He's saying the complete opposite, and it makes perfect sense.  One of Bernie's big selling points is "I can beat Trump more easily than Hillary can".  If Bernie goes out and absolutely thrashes Trump, that would give his candidacy a huge boost.  Now, whether or not he actually can thrash Trump is a different question.  What I'm saying is that every incentive he has in the world is for him to try to do that, because that's what would play best with the Democratic base.  Joining Trump in attacking Hillary would play terribly with the Democratic base, and destroy whatever hopes he would have of getting the nomination.

Hillary is going to win the Nomination. The Super Delegates are committed and she is going over the amount needed. Its rigged. Helping Bernie now will not help him win the nomination. It will however cause the democrats problems, increasing dissent within their ranks and flaming the anger we saw bubbling up in Nevada. The only possible down side is Trump gets caught in a Gotcha that Hillary can use in the General. I am hoping and Praying Trump is fast enough to dodge them.

And I think that's a pipe dream, but hey, it's a good, sharp point of disagreement.  So if this kinds actually happens, we can come back here and see if they really cooperated, or not.  I think it'll be pretty apparent.
It is a strategic  maneuver hence the art of war reference. it could blow up of course, odds are it will not since neither Bernie nor Trump wants that.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »
Based on his praise of Planned Parenthood in the past debate (March?), it is "also not logical to assume the For-Profit Planned parent-hood is" not"in the mix".

I hope it is no them, or any other abortion provider/ activist group.
So you deceive over what Trump said to try to paint him as pro Abortion. Pathetic

Trump told Brody, though, that if he was elected president and legislation that strips Planned Parenthood of its over $500 million in annual federal funds was sent to his desk, he would sign it. "Yes because as long as they do the abortion, I am not for funding Planned Parenthood," Trump asserted.

As he did in last week's debate, Trump again reasoned that Planned Parenthood does other procedures that benefit the health of women that do not relate to killing an unborn child.

But Trump assured that as long as Planned Parenthood still does abortions, they wouldn't be funded under his presidency.

"As long as they are involved with abortion, as far as I'm concerned, forget it," Trump said. "But we have to remember — I wouldn't fund them regardless — but they do other good work. You look at cervical cancer. I have had women tell me they do some excellent work. I think you also have to put that into account. But, I would defund Planned Parenthood because of the fact that they work on abortion."

"There are lot of women that are taken care of by Planned Parenthood, so we have to remember that," Trump added.

In the interview, Trump was asked if he feels that the Supreme Court's decision strike down state abortion bans in the 1973 case of Roe v. Wade was "wrongly decided."

"I do. It was very strongly decided but it can be changed," Trump said. "Things are put there and are passed but they can be unpassed with time. It's going to take time because you have a lot of judges to go."
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 03:52:48 pm »

I hope it is not them, or any other abortion provider/ activist group.

I'm sure that Sanders is going to demand an equal say on where the money goes.  So if he insists that his half goes to Planned Parenthood then what would Trump do?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 04:11:00 pm »
So you deceive over what Trump said to try to paint him as pro Abortion. Pathetic

Calling me pathetic, you're kidding, right?

Show me where I said Trump is pro-abortion?

You heard the debate as well as I did.

"Planned Parenthood does good things"

If he donates this money to Planned Parenthood, he cannot control how it is used by them.

I have and will say, "I hope Trump does not donate this money to abortion providers/activist", is not me saying Trump is pro-abortion.

You are making a leap to say I am calling him pro-abortion, just to call me pathetic, is how you are coming off.

If you don't care whether on not he donates to "women's heath issues" organization" that may or may not be Planned parenthood, that's fine with me .

Don't try to tell me I am twisting his words because I have concerns that he might.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:12:15 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 04:11:22 pm »
Exactly! That's why we need someone proven, and strong like HRC.

Wow, a Hitlerly supporter.  Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »
I'm sure that Sanders is going to demand an equal say on where the money goes.  So if he insists that his half goes to Planned Parenthood then what would Trump do?

It is good question.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 04:22:02 pm »
Wow, a Hitlerly supporter.  Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore.

No, it's just his attempt at sarcasm.  We're still in Kansas... :laugh:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 04:22:08 pm »
Hillary is going to win the Nomination. The Super Delegates are committed and she is going over the amount needed. Its rigged. Helping Bernie now will not help him win the nomination.

It's not a question of helping Bernie -- it's a question of what Bernie's motives are.  If his motives are to beat Hillary, then the best shot he's got to is to show Democrats that he can destroy Trump.  And if his motives are just to increase his influence in on the platform, then his best shot is to destroy Trump and weaken him for the general election.  Either way, the only credible motives Bernie has is to try to trash Trump, not "come together" with him against Hillary.

It will however cause the democrats problems, increasing dissent within their ranks and flaming the anger we saw bubbling up in Nevada. The only possible down side is Trump gets caught in a Gotcha that Hillary can use in the General. I am hoping and Praying Trump is fast enough to dodge them.

Consider this -- we all know that Trump isn't great debating on the detailed policy issues.  It's just not his strength.  But the reason he's got hope against Hillary is that she's a target-rich environment.  He can launch one liners against her for an entire debate because there is so much material there.  More importantly, she is generally not well-liked, so attacks on her are unlikely to rebound against Trump himself.

But he can't do that with Bernie.  Bernie doesn't have scandals, a record of dishonesty, and a (perhaps) pending indictment.  Plus, he is generally well-liked personally.  So Trump is not going to be able to counterattack effectively against Bernie's attacks on the issues of misogyny, etc....  He's played up Bernie as a nice guy, and Bernie is going to be going for freaking blood.  He's said exactly that already, and if there's anything Bernie is, it's honest and direct.  If he says his goal is to take Trump down for all the comments he's made, that's exactly what he's going to do.

It is a strategic  maneuver hence the art of war reference. it could blow up of course, odds are it will not since neither Bernie nor Trump wants that.

This isn't Hannibal at Cannae, Napoleon at Ulm, or MacArthur at Inchon.  This is Hitler invading Czechoslovakia in the spring of 1941 "just to show 'em", and taking his eye off the ball of invading the Soviet Union.  It is a distraction, a sideshow, that has almost no potential benefit for him, but will sabotage his larger goal.

I hope, desperately, that someone gives him a way to weasel out of this.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 04:23:02 pm »

Heck, maybe not.  This may be such a good deal for Sanders that he'll pay the damn $10M out of his own funds.  Or, some other lefty will do it for him.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »
@Mechanicos

Looks like this is a moot point, after all.

Trump has decided not to debate.

Trump has changed his mind.

Again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:44:46 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 08:38:10 pm »
@Mecahnicos

Looks like this is a moot point, after all.

Trump has decided not to debate.

Trump has changed his mind.

Again.

Bernie called Trump's bluff and the Don looks weak.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 08:42:05 pm »
It is a strategic  maneuver hence the art of war reference.

Yup.  A "strategic maneuver" alright....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKbP-M8vVtw

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 11:40:11 pm »
Bernie called Trump's bluff and the Don looks weak.

Have to agree with you on that.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2016, 11:55:16 pm »
Calling me pathetic, you're kidding, right?

Show me where I said Trump is pro-abortion?

You heard the debate as well as I did.

"Planned Parenthood does good things"

If he donates this money to Planned Parenthood, he cannot control how it is used by them.

I have and will say, "I hope Trump does not donate this money to abortion providers/activist", is not me saying Trump is pro-abortion.

You are making a leap to say I am calling him pro-abortion, just to call me pathetic, is how you are coming off.

If you don't care whether on not he donates to "women's heath issues" organization" that may or may not be Planned parenthood, that's fine with me .

Don't try to tell me I am twisting his words because I have concerns that he might.
I posted the ENTIRE quote you pulled that sound bite from. He was talking about the services they do other then abortion for poor people You can argue how much but he made that clear. Its a Business approach, Stop the abortions but do not throw out the clinics in poor areas that can do other things for women's health. Nobody with money would put such clinics where those things are located unless they had a Sanger Agenda...
Its mute now. He backed out of the debate with the old communist.