Author Topic: Rubio: I'm willing to speak for Trump at the convention  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Rubio: I'm willing to speak for Trump at the convention
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 06:09:37 pm »
It seems odd that Trump and the Trumpsters are now willing to accept endorsements from the hated "establishment"?? Shouldn't Donald and the Trumpsters be telling Rubio and others like him to take a hike, they don't need their stinking endorsements? What gives? :shrug:

No, this is completely consistent for Trump supporters. If the GOP-E were lining up to support Ted Cruz, then it would be evidence that Ted Cruz was a member of the GOP-E all along. But since they are lining up to support Wonderful Donald, it shows that He has defeated the Evil GOP-E and leashed them in service to His Will.

See, it's all in how you look at it.   10294
Let it burn.

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 06:56:49 pm »
All that it shows, is that he is a politician. Be rid of unrealistic expectations for these types, and it is more simple to understand.

No argument there; I agree.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 07:15:52 pm »
Rubio is looking out for Rubio. I know it part of the act to go along with the party's nominee (Harry Truman despised JFK, but endorsed him anyway), but at some point you have to act on principle.
Rubio is almost saying "yeah...I know he's an a..hole, but I have to do this." He doesn't have to do it. But he wants another shot at the presidency. In this case principle is taking a beating.

Supporting Trump IS acting on principle. It advances the cause of conservatism...if nothing else than by stopping his far more Left wing opponent. It also ensures the Supreme Court does not shift radically to the left FOR A GENERATION should Hillary win. There are only two realistic options...that's it. And when you really do only have two options, picking the lesser evil IS the principled thing to do. In this case, Mr. Trump...rather than being an evil...will be a great boon to a nation facing dire economic threats and tremendous dangers around the globe, and by putting in the types of SCJ's he's put forward he will ensure a conservative court for the next 30 years.

So yes, that is the principled thing to do...and the mature one.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:17:42 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »
It seems odd that Trump and the Trumpsters are now willing to accept endorsements from the hated "establishment"?? Shouldn't Donald and the Trumpsters be telling Rubio and others like him to take a hike, they don't need their stinking endorsements? What gives? :shrug:
More like the endorsements of the professionals who are maneuvering after the race is won are hollow and in the scheme of things meaningless unless they release delegates to Trump. Even that is not that important at this point since Trump has enough to win without them. The Value of the endorsements is a function of timing - either before or after he cinched the nomination, and what they can bring to the table.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 08:06:50 pm »

POST REMOVED FOR TROLLING!

So @Repub4Trump what gave him away as a troll?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:23:44 pm by Bear_in_RoseBear »
Let it burn.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 08:10:53 pm »
All that it shows, is that he is a politician. Be rid of unrealistic expectations for these types, and it is more simple to understand.
This.

It's what our nation's two-party political system has become. I would say that at least half of the support Donald Trump has is because of the R next to his name and because he's not Hillary Clinton.

It doesn't have to be this way, of course, but it is what it is. The Republicans don't care who or what is at the top of their ticket, as long as people vote for it. (The same goes for the Democrats, but their machine is generally better at making sure their candidates toe the party line.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:11:29 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 08:15:20 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/marco-rubio-republican-national-convention-223627

Rubio: I'm willing to speak for Trump at the convention

continued

Add another GOP wimp who puts future political options above principles.

Not surprised.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:15:52 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 08:19:27 pm »
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we later find that Rubio gets the VP slot...

My first thought too, but after he got beat so badly in the FL primary, you got to wonder how strong his stock is in his home state right now.  I still think Portman or Kasich will get it.  OH is absolutely critical for a Trump win.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:34 pm »
Supporting Trump IS acting on principle. It advances the cause of conservatism...if nothing else than by stopping his far more Left wing opponent. It also ensures the Supreme Court does not shift radically to the left FOR A GENERATION should Hillary win. There are only two realistic options...that's it. And when you really do only have two options, picking the lesser evil IS the principled thing to do.

I agree with your point, although there is no way to know whether Rubio is actually doing this for the reasons you describe, or because it thinks it will help him politically.  I tend to think it's both, which is fine.  But I can also see how someone could come to a principled conclusion that electing Trump will not advance the cause of conservatism.

In other words, I think there can be principled people on both sides, and we shouldn't be assuming the worst about others simply because they reach a different conclusion.  That's different from arguing about specific issues relating to Trump, though.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 09:48:50 pm »
I agree with your point, although there is no way to know whether Rubio is actually doing this for the reasons you describe, or because it thinks it will help him politically.  I tend to think it's both, which is fine.  But I can also see how someone could come to a principled conclusion that electing Trump will not advance the cause of conservatism.

In other words, I think there can be principled people on both sides, and we shouldn't be assuming the worst about others simply because they reach a different conclusion.  That's different from arguing about specific issues relating to Trump, though.

Very well said Major Martin. I wish we had many more posters like you who can oppose an idea or candidate without rancor towards those they disagree with. So many of the NeverTrumps here are throwing around Nazi accusations, Mussolini comparisons, calling fellow board members who support Trump blind sheep and anti-Christians (and using hyperbolic words like fascist)...it poisons the well for reasoned disagreement in my opinion. I'm not saying the pro-Trump crowd are angels either, but I've yet to see them call anyone a Nazi, a fascist or a blind sheep. We need to remember, I hope, that we all share the same goal of keeping Hillary Clinton out of the White House...we can disagree on how that should be accomplished but there's no need for this over the top stuff.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain