Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20670 times)

Offline Hoodat

My tinfoil hat might be showing, but i wonder if the media wasn't in cahoots all along.

Ya think?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

No doubt.  They will find any way they can to support Hillary!

Why complain, you're doing your part to get her elected as well.

Its either gonna be Hillary or Trump at this point. That's it.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline RetBobbyMI

Don't hold your breath.  Hillary isn't out of the fire yet.  It could be Bernie or Joe B, which would be WORSE for Trump.  Besides, the GOP now needs to look both left AND right.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Some say when one voted for Trump in the first place, it was a vote for HRC.

So, I've just got to do what comes along really; I don't really object to Trump like some people do; just wasn't my first choice.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Some say when one voted for Trump in the first place, it was a vote for HRC.

So, I've just got to do what comes along really; I don't really object to Trump like some people do; just wasn't my first choice.

As Bigun would say...since not voting for Trump is a vote for Hitlery, then not voting for Hitlery is a vote for Trump.  Looks like I'm supporting both candidates already.

Offline Paladin

This is funny coming from a supporter of the candidate hand-picked by Bill Clinton to run against his wife.

Lol. How I would love to see some proof for that little gem.

You anti-Trumpsters will say anything, anything, in order to vent your spleen.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:59:22 am by Meshuge Mikey »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The Media is self serving but liberal.  I'm not sure they have a structured agenda.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Donald Trump has tapped into the hate people already felt for various groups and segments of society.  That doesn't make him a good person.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mesaclone

As Bigun would say...since not voting for Trump is a vote for Hitlery, then not voting for Hitlery is a vote for Trump.  Looks like I'm supporting both candidates already.

He may say it, but that doesn't help it to make any sense...or to guide current and future actions. 

You have two choices at this point, regardless of what options may have once been available. Its going to be Hillary or its going to be Trump. Moving forward, the choices we all make collectively and the sum of our individual choices will put one of them in the White House. So semantic games aside we all now have just two choices. Period.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:17:19 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

Donald Trump has tapped into the hate people already felt for various groups and segments of society.  That doesn't make him a good person.

No he has not. He has exposed the shallow, facile and intellectually vacant nature of political correctness and THAT has angered those who's glass houses have been subsequently rattled. Any hate generated, stems from their own actions and choices...what you're saying is akin to blaming a rape victim for dressing provocatively and "asking for it". Ludicrous. People waving Mexican flags, swearing at people as they walk into a free speech political rally and trashing police officers and their equipment...haven't been tapped into, they've simply been exposed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:22:07 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mechanicos

No he has not. He has exposed the shallow, facile and intellectually vacant nature of political correctness and THAT has angered those who's glass houses have been subsequently rattled. Any hate generated, stems from their own actions and choices...what you're saying is akin to blaming a rape victim for dressing provocatively and "asking for it". Ludicrous. People waving Mexican flags, swearing at people as they walk into a free speech political rally and trashing police officers and their equipment...haven't been tapped into, they've simply been exposed.
:hands:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You have two choices at this point, regardless of what options may have once been available. Its going to be Hillary or its going to be Trump. Moving forward, the choices we all make collectively and the sum of our individual choices will put one of them in the White House. So semantic games aside we all now have just two choices. Period.
I can't decide which piece of dung I want to ruin America.  So I won't.  You decide for you, and I'll pray whoever wins only gets one term, is impeached, or becomes unable to carry out their duties.

Offline Mesaclone

I can't decide which piece of dung I want to ruin America.  So I won't.  You decide for you, and I'll pray whoever wins only gets one term, is impeached, or becomes unable to carry out their duties.

We're both free to do as we will in this great nation.

The issue here is what is the right thing to do. If you can honestly answer to yourself that there's no chance Trump will appoint more conservative justices than will Clinton, than you have a good argument for inaction. On the other hand, if there is just .01% greater chance Trump will stick with his party affiliation if nothing else, and appoint justices acceptable to the GOP caucus, than you have an obligation in my opinion. But that's all it is, admittedly, just an opinion. But I do think everyone has to consider that one single factor of the SCJ above all others...we're talking generational shifts in that regard.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:26:01 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline sinkspur

He may say it, but that doesn't help it to make any sense...or to guide current and future actions. 

Nope.  We have three choices.  The choice you left out is to vote for neither Hillary nor Trump.  Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.  That Hillary might be elected is entirely a separate issue from not voting for Trump.

You see, I can't vote for someone I objectively believe to be mentally unstable and dangerous for the country.  That Hillary is also dangerous for the country mandates, for me, that I vote for neither.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

"appoint judges acceptable to the GOP caucus"

You mean like Roberts?

Offline Mesaclone

Nope.  We have three choices.  The choice you left out is to vote for neither Hillary nor Trump.  Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.  That Hillary might be elected is entirely a separate issue from not voting for Trump.

You see, I can't vote for someone I objectively believe to be mentally unstable and dangerous for the country.  That Hillary is also dangerous for the country mandates, for me, that I vote for neither.

Unless you are arguing that people not voting for their own party's nominee is disconnected from that nominees attainment of votes in the election...they clearly are NOT separate. In fact, they are inextricably linked both mathematically and ethically. If you have two dangers one of which is unavoidably going to hit you, lets say an F5 vs an F2 tornado coming your way, your common sense and obligation would drive you to choose the F2
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:10:08 pm by Mesaclone »

Silver Pines

The premise that we have only two choices is not so.  No one owns my vote.  The candidates are applying for a job, and we're doing the hiring.  Both of the nominees fail to convince me of their fitness for the job, so I'll pass on voting to hire either of them.

Silver Pines

Trump can hardly expose political correctness when he himself is a walking example of the concept, with his rambling about "women's health", Planned Parenthood, and his claim that transgenders should be able to use the bathroom they "feel" is appropriate.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

So, why not just STHU and....see you mid-November?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The premise that we have only two choices is not so.  No one owns my vote.  The candidates are applying for a job, and we're doing the hiring.  Both of the nominees fail to convince me of their fitness for the job, so I'll pass on voting to hire either of them.

Good for you @CatherineofAragon  I guess you're on the tip of the spear of the new American spirit:  Sit it out. 

Yeah, that's what this weekend remembers.  Must be a proud moment for you. 

Offline sinkspur

So, why not just STHU and....see you mid-November?   :laugh:

No.  It's not just about ME not voting for Trump.  It's to continue to support those who feel as I do and recruit others. 

Fortunately, your guy, with his racist, misogynist remarks on almost a daily basis, gives me plenty of fodder to build my case for #NeverTrump.

Silver Pines

Good for you @CatherineofAragon  I guess you're on the tip of the spear of the new American spirit:  Sit it out. 

I haven't made up my mind if I'll write in a candidate or simply vote downticket, so I won't be sitting it out, but neither Trump nor Hillary will get my vote.

My father was in the military.  He didn't put himself in harm's way for three years for me to squander my vote on an amoral, dishonest reality show celebrity.

Offline sinkspur

So now you drag the memory of fallen troops, who died so that we can CHOOSE to do as we wish, into your campaign for your mentally unstable candidate.  We choose not to vote for either presidential candidate.  Your guy's already said he doesn't need us, so why worry?

Meanwhile, here's Trump's sentiments on Memorial Day:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  24 May 2015
I would like to wish everyone, including all haters and losers (of which, sadly, there are many) a truly happy and enjoyable Memorial Day!

Oceander

FAIL

Voting your conscience - voting for a third party or writing in a candidate - is not sitting it out.  Refusing to go along with Nuremberg rallies is principled, not sitting it out.